25th Anniversary GI Joe

JELEINEN

I have the Vintage IG Destro and until this new one, it was one of my favorite Vintage Joes (along with v2 Snake Eyes, v3 Snake Eyes, and v2 Storm Shadow). Of the 25th figures, my favorites are v2 Snake Eyes, IG Destro, v1 Snake Eyes, v2 Storm Shadow... in that order.

Had no issues with my joints, that sucks, mang.

Last night was a good one. I wandered into our Toys R Us to find the GI Joe and Cobra High Ranking officials packs. The crimson guard one is the only one I am missing. I was a little angry because I'd just missed the other pack by like five minutes. Some Ebay reseller walked out of there with like ten of them but left two of the three there. They have like ten of the five packs so I'm guessing they aren't going too high on Ebay.

Today I picked up the awe stricker and the Hiss Tank at Target. Last week, I bought IG Destro, snow job and crimson guard trooper at Wal Mart. The only figure that has eluded me is Flash.

What are your thoughts on the AWE striker? I've seen it, but am debating picking it up or not.

I love it. Of the 3 vehicles released it was the one I wanted the most. I could've bought the shark as well, But I didn't really want it so I only bought the Hiss and the awe stricker. My awe stricker has some of the issues that have been brought up at Hisstank. It's cannon cord is flimsy and one of the ends that it attaches to has some stress marks on it. The steering wheel doesn't turn, and some of the applied stickers have air bubbles in them. But Besides that it is a awesome display piece. I'm really temtped to apply some of the other stickers. It comes with more stickers than the hisstank. I wish that the Joes that I have could sit in the seats a little better.

BTW both Targets near me had them listed in stock, but only one was willing to sell them before the 4/13 date that everyone has been talking about. I called before I went and a Young woman searched in the stockroom and found them for me. She told me that she would leave them out if I came in that night to pick them up.

Today was a good day. Found Cobra lackey (and an officer--but his paint sucked so I passed), Beachhead (corrected waist), Storm Shadow (hooded/grey stripes), Snake Eyes (visored, grey Timber).

wow, snake eyes with grey timber is still on pegs? That figure is like going for 30+ on ebay now. Not to mention the black timber version is like 90+! :huh::blink:

I was just at Hisstank.com, and it seems my Snake Eyes is from a brand-new wave (first seen 2 days ago). Fixed crotch, and 2 pegs on the display stand. (I thought 2 pegs was just a Joe thing, as all my previous figs were Cobras)

wow, snake eyes with grey timber is still on pegs? That figure is like going for 30+ on ebay now. Not to mention the black timber version is like 90+! huh.gif blink.gif

Yep, from the new refresher wave 2 that David mentioned here:

I was just at Hisstank.com, and it seems my Snake Eyes is from a brand-new wave (first seen 2 days ago). Fixed crotch, and 2 pegs on the display stand. (I thought 2 pegs was just a Joe thing, as all my previous figs were Cobras)

Last night was a good one. I wandered into our Toys R Us to find the GI Joe and Cobra High Ranking officials packs. The crimson guard one is the only one I am missing. I was a little angry because I'd just missed the other pack by like five minutes. Some Ebay reseller walked out of there with like ten of them but left two of the three there. They have like ten of the five packs so I'm guessing they aren't going too high on Ebay.

That is no surprize. Word is the TRU website has cancealed a whole bunch of people's orders.

Just wondering, but does anybody have an extra Storm Shadow, from the five pack but single carded. I need one to give as a bday gift. Let me know! ^_^

Black Storm Shadow???? Why not visored Snake Eyes in black? Would make a lot more sense. And I still need an original outfit SS...

At hisstank we think he is either Ninja Force(God I hope so, that costume ruled, the original figure on the other hand...), or an homage to Ninja Ku(eh, not really into that one). A black costume hooded Storm Shadow was on the SDCC playing cards last year, so maybe it is a ninja ku homage. Hell, it could even be a random 2002 wave 2 homage, but that one would be out of nowhere and throw everyone off.

Just me, but I hate "knives on the chest" SE, in all incarnations. ::edit:: Oh, they're removable. Eh, probably still pass on him, then I can buy 2 Lackey Vipers...

Thats one of the overlooked Snake Eyes costumes but it was actually one of my favorites(I have the 2000 repaint).

The knives are a nice touch because on the original, they were molded on and did not look good at all. The resculpted sword is awesome, and if Hasbro ever makes an anniversary 2002 Storm Shadow, he needs 2 of those swords.

Scored Tomax and Xamot today at Target. The local Target didn't have anything other than 6 hooded Cobra Commanders, 1 chrome faced Commander and 3 Scarlett and Hawk comic packs. The Target one city south of me had the new crotch fixed wave 1 and the new comic packs. Racine Wisconsin SUCKS for collecting stuff!

Those of you who are looking for the Target exclusive vehicles:

-They do not have a street date for 4/13. They just cannot be put on shelf later than 4/13.

-They are placed near the check out lanes.

-The officer with the HISS fits into the cockpit, just make sure the edge of his pants on his lower legs does not get caught near the center console panel.

-I saw no evidence of mold degredation.

-foot pegs modified to fit the anniversary figures.

-Cobra officer/driver with the HISS has no weapons at all.

-None of the figures have stands.

-SHARC(night Spectre?HAH!) has pegs for the canopy to hinge into.

For those of you who want a black HISS, the black one will be hitting mass retail in summer with Rip-It(who was recently killed off in the comic). Msrp is most likely $14.99.

My TRU exclusive 3 packs ran 9.99 each. Not sure if they will jump in price but that was what I payed for them.

Eck, those Wave 9s don't seem interesting to me except the BATs. Bazooka looks ok and that's just because I had the original as a kid. SS in black/gold looks kinda funky, would've preferred it in various shades of black like the different SEs.

SS in black/gold looks kinda funky, would've preferred it in various shades of black like the different SEs.

I would have preferred 2002 Storm Shadow, comic pack wave 4 Storm Shadow with a shirt, or Ninja Force Storm Shadow. The above 3 are in more demand than the obscure and random Argentina gijoe line homage:"Ninja ku".

If we get a Storm Shadow it should be a significant one, and while Ninja Ku is a nice nod to the collectors who loved the international variants, Ninja Ku could have been used in a comic pack or as an exclusive.

I must.have.that.SnakeEyes (always my favorite, even over the Visored, which I always preferred over the Commando... but that was mostly because the Commando one was a cheaper older fig... didn't have the swivel arm grip, etc. The 25th Commando fares much better to Ninja Snake Eyes, but v3 was always my favorite...

I still have the Vintage visored/Ninja and v3 but can't seem to find my vintage Commando. Probably ended up burning or burying him or throwing him in the neighbors pool. :(

Edited by Uxi

New figs look interesting ....

And WTH, I keep reading on Hisstank that people have been able to buy the Target exclusive vehicles, multiple times, while I've been told "release date is April 13th" when I try to get 'em.

Frak.

:angry:

New figs look interesting ....

And WTH, I keep reading on Hisstank that people have been able to buy the Target exclusive vehicles, multiple times, while I've been told "release date is April 13th" when I try to get 'em.

Frak.

mad.gif

I tried asking for the vehicles that weren't on shelf when I went to Target(HISS), and the employees said they couldn't go in the back for something if there was already stuff on shelf. Also after I inquired about trying to find a HISS a girl who worked at target quietly told the associate helping me that they can't go in the back.

It sucks because the 4/13 date is not the release or street date. They can be sold now, on shelf now, but have to be on shelf by the 13th. Its very stupid that a lot of the stores are treating it like a street date, when it isn't. Its denying a sale that could happen.

The best place to look is near the checkout lanes. Thats where they are supposed to be.

While I respect the whole 'can't go and get stuff from back when there's stuff on the shelf' policy from the standpoint of making it 'more fair' for customers and (most honestly) to save Target money by not re-ordering while there are peg warmers, I agree that it prevents them from making a sale and in the long run just makes it worse for the non-hording/scalper collectors.

If I were relying solely on local Targets for Joes, I'd have the first three comic packs, the original three five packs, Beachhead, Stalker, Buzzer, some Cobras and CCs, and that's about it. Everytime I wander down the toy aisle, all there one sees the past few months have been Buzzers and the CC/Duke and Hawk/Scarlett comic packs. By not replenshing the stocks, the gang of Buzzers just sits there. Few, if any peoiple would buy Buzzer by himself... what kid wants a hippie-motorcycle guy with a chainsaw? If they'd replenish more often, a kid or parent might grab a few Joes and then maybe decide they need another baddie and Buzzer will do.

I'm not holding my breath on finding the three Target vehicles at retail.... or at any decent price. There might be enough stock that eventually it isn't worth it for scalpers to resell, but otherwise why would any of them leave them on the shelves when they can easily put them on ebay and sell them for 200% the cost?

I used to blame the scalpers, but these days I blame those who buy from them. If it weren't for those who are willing to pay 2-3x the cost of something just so they could have it now, scalpers wouldn't be so proliferated. I have no problem with someone buying a second toy to resell and try to make a quick buck, but it sickens me to see five or six ebay listings each for the trio of vehicles from the same seller. I completely revolts me that people are willing to drive the bids up on what is an obvious scalper.

Fortunately, the Target vehicles aren't dear to me. The only reason I'd consider the black SHARC is for Grandslam and I could probably do better just finding a Flash and doing a repaint. I should be able to get a black HISS later on, so the blue one would just be for variety, and while the AWE Striker is one of those 'wish I had' toys from childhood, having never had it I don't feel as compelled as I am with say the VAMP.

Edited by Southpaw Samurai

Found a HISS at Target. It was at a checkout aisle endcap. It is not, however, a GI Joe endcap. It's all the exclusives. Lots of Star Wars figs on top, Joe vehicles in the middle (just a single HISS and AWE, no more), and deluxe All-spark repaint TFs on the bottom. (I kinda like the all-spark Brawl, might pick him up--I have no Brawl at all----did they fix the shoulders on this one?)

With Wal-Mart now charging nearly 7 bucks for a figure, buying a HISS for 9.99 is a no-brainer.

With Wal-Mart now charging nearly 7 bucks for a figure, buying a HISS for 9.99 is a no-brainer.

That and when the first vehicles hit mass retail(2 packs, VAMP, Black HISS), the price may be $14.99)

I kinda like the all-spark Brawl, might pick him up--I have no Brawl at all----did they fix the shoulders on this one?

I saw it in person and it does look nice, but I too, worry about the shoulders(I have desert Brawl, and the deluxe one is still tempting because its a different deco and has an armcannon).

Fortunately, the Target vehicles aren't dear to me. The only reason I'd consider the black SHARC is for Grandslam and I could probably do better just finding a Flash and doing a repaint. I should be able to get a black HISS later on, so the blue one would just be for variety, and while the AWE Striker is one of those 'wish I had' toys from childhood, having never had it I don't feel as compelled as I am with say the VAMP.

The sole reason I got mine was because I missed out on them when they were reissued at TRU 8 years ago. Previously, I had never handled the HISS 1, and got to mess with a SHARC for 1 day. I like these a lot, especially the HISS. Now for the AWE Striker, I'm not too interested.