Macross TV trivia

peter

Holy cow, I haven't been here in ages....sure has changed. I barely recognize any of the names here! I got married last year and I'm introducing Macross to the wife. We got through the Votom's DVD set the last few months and we're almost done Macross TV series.

Intersting things (probably old news to some of you) my wife pointed out to me.......

the three spies names....Warera, Roli, and Konda.....haha, their names said together means I have a lolita complex! Also, we just got to the episode with Max and Millia's kid...Komillia? It means small Millia. Ko (small in Japanese) and Millia...small Millia.

Any other weird trivia?

Aside from the Christopher Walken sines in the background, various on screen cameo's like the Arcadia & Orgroid (Orguss Battroid hybrid), & Star Trek text based game on the computer screens? There are more easter eggs in Macross than I can recall.

Off the top of my head, I think one of the movie posters had a woman on it that looked a lot like Goddess Athena from the old Athena SNK side-scroller (curly haired woman in red bikini with sword)... But I could be remembering completely wrong. :p

Congrats on the marriage Peter! :)

Intersting things (probably old news to some of you) my wife pointed out to me.......

the three spies names....Warera, Roli, and Konda.....haha, their names said together means I have a lolita complex!

That was an intentional inside joke by the creators (presumably the froating head laughed his ... er. head? ... off).

Warera + Rori + Konda == "Ware-ra rorikon da" == "We are pedophiles" in Japanese

I remember these guys having a fascination with the bridge bunnies (tell me Shammie didn't look 12 to you), not to mention Minmay being like 16 ...

In SDFM TV Hikaru lost a left arm off of every Valk type he flew at one point in time or another.

Except maybe for the Brown VF-1D that he flew when he decided to join the military.

Or since you mentined Valkyrie Type, yes he lost arms for every type that he flew. It's a GOOD THING, Hikaru never flew a VF-1A. Who knows what would've happened to him. :wacko:

Off the top of my head, I think one of the movie posters had a woman on it that looked a lot like Goddess Athena from the old Athena SNK side-scroller (curly haired woman in red bikini with sword)... But I could be remembering completely wrong. :p

Congrats on the marriage Peter! :)

Hey thanks. I think being married to me is a real challenge for her. She's put up with my Macross additiction since the beginning, from taking me to all the otaku stores in her town, to even getting me a Macross Credit card....I've finally broken her though and I've got her watching the series. She's starting to recognize the toys I've got littered around in our room now.

It's interesting watching the show with a native Japanese speaker. She picked out the fact that Minmei's uncle has a bit of a Chinese accent...or at least a sterotypical one. I wonder if that's something everyone except me knows.

That's more due to the differences between Japanese phonics and the way sounds are written in Roman letters.

Other possible results are: liber, river, ribel, livel, libel, rivel.

Nevertheless, the name is ライãƒãƒ¼, which in standard romanization would be Raibaa (though is pronounced sometimes closer to Laibaa.)

That's more due to the differences between Japanese phonics and the way sounds are written in Roman letters.

Other possible results are: liber, river, ribel, livel, libel, rivel.

Nevertheless, the name is ライãƒãƒ¼, which in standard romanization would be Raibaa (though is pronounced sometimes closer to Laibaa.)

I could see it as a romanisation mistake if they were different scenes or another episode, but its the same scene and only for a second.

Either way, its still funny :)

exactly before that scene, when the battroid is demolishing the building, the las building it goes throught says 'Studio Chimera Nue' and it has a blue bug painted that cringes it's eyes and teeths as the batroid goes thru tearing the building down and then charbroiling the animated Kawamori

exactly before that scene, when the battroid is demolishing the building, the las building it goes throught says 'Studio Chimera Nue' and it has a blue bug painted that cringes it's eyes and teeths as the batroid goes thru tearing the building down and then charbroiling the animated Kawamori

I actually remember seeing that the first time watching the TV series with my wife; i immediately rewound and put it in slow mo to catch the name on the building.

Hey, is there a larger version of your avatar and is there more to the picture?

screen cap, screen cap