Has there been a 2nd run of the VF-OS

xsjado

Ah, yes makes sense. I thought maybe I had missed something. Indeed they do seem to be focusing on new releases. However, if they are going to make repaints of the YF-19... perhaps there is hope.

Heck maybe I'll end up getting Shin's if the final paint scheme looks half decent. That's alot of dough to spend on one toy though.

Edited by meh_cd

I did a rant on this not too long ago. Yamato is putting out new product so they're avoiding reissues as to not compete with themselves. Seems like we'll see one of each Zero they plan on making before we see the 0S reissued again. Then again, if the stand alone ghost really can connect to any Zero released to date (which I imagine it can) they might want to put more Zeros on the market to sell more Ghosts.

keep in mind, they'll only reissue them if theres enough demand to warrant it.

the problem with this is, theres still MAD VF-0S out there. maybe if all the stock sells out and people start paying out the butt for them(i.e. VF-1S Roy, VF-1A max) then they might go back to it but i don't think the plagued with problems VF-0S is high on anyone want list right now so.....

with all that in mind, who says they'll reissue them with all the fixes? graham certainly hasn't mentioned anything regarding this nor anyone else. its all wishful thinking on our part, one can only hope they do, but theres no guarantee. afterall yamato isn't a "wish fulfillment center" as one member put it(i still find that funny). :D

in the end, no demand = no reissue

Which in it's self is a catch-22. <_<

So we're screwed and may as well deal with it...I prefer to display mine in fighter mode anyways, but still it would be nice to have one that can actually do what it's supposed to without all the bugs.

-Kyp

well you could always buy a VF-0A and VF-0S, take all the good parts off the 0A and make a decent 0S. :p

either way, my feeling is that getting a decent 0S is a crap shoot anyway because...

[conspiracy theory]

people with a bad VF-0S might pull the old switch-a-roo.

they buy a new one, switch it out with the old one, return it, and no ones the wiser. :ph34r:

[/conspiracy theory]

but don't listen to me, i'm a paranoid delusional mess! :lol:

So we're screwed and may as well deal with it...I prefer to display mine in fighter mode anyways, but still it would be nice to have one that can actually do what it's supposed to without all the bugs.

I think Fighter mode is the weakest aspect of the current 0S. I'll be putting up a review soon on my site to show you exactly what i mean....

I think Fighter mode is the weakest aspect of the current 0S. I'll be putting up a review soon on my site to show you exactly what i mean....

hardly. Fighter mode hides the weak spots of the VF-0s the best. You don't notice the thigh swivel to be all loose, you don't notice the weak shoulders, or the loose bicep swivels, the floppy backpack and the feet lock IN just fine... they just don't lock out.

Considering this, I think fighter mode is the BEST mode on the VF-0s simply because it's the only mode that does leave you with a floppy, loose and cracking mess.

hardly. Fighter mode hides the weak spots of the VF-0s the best. You don't notice the thigh swivel to be all loose, you don't notice the weak shoulders, or the loose bicep swivels, the floppy backpack and the feet lock IN just fine... they just don't lock out.

Sorry, I should have clarified, I was simply speaking from a "looking at it" perspective, not actual functionality.

If you were just looking at a VF-0S, not handling it, you probably wouldn't notice how loose it is either (unless yours is so bad it is actually affecting its posture). The backpack stays up just fine (on mine) but will droop a bit if you move the toy. Basically you can pose it and forget about it and not notice the major problems.

Fighter, on the other hand, bows in the middle which exposes the gaps near the intakes and causes the gun to just about drag on the ground... a gun that doesn't really fit anyway.

Edited by jenius

Sorry, I should have clarified, I was simply speaking from a "looking at it" perspective, not actual functionality.

If you were just looking at a VF-0S, not handling it, you probably wouldn't notice how loose it is either (unless yours is so bad it is actually affecting its posture). The backpack stays up just fine (on mine) but will droop a bit if you move the toy. Basically you can pose it and forget about it and not notice the major problems.

Fighter, on the other hand, bows in the middle which exposes the gaps near the intakes and causes the gun to just about drag on the ground... a gun that doesn't really fit anyway.

Ah..... yes, this is true... the VF-0s DOES suffer from a broken back. Though, I gave the pegs on the legs a little bit of a coat with nail polish and that helped lock it up a little tighter for me.

You are only paranoid and delusional until proven correct.

Your theory is why I am scared of VF-0S on ebay. "Keep the best sell the rest"

well you could always buy a VF-0A and VF-0S, take all the good parts off the 0A and make a decent 0S. :p

either way, my feeling is that getting a decent 0S is a crap shoot anyway because...

[conspiracy theory]

people with a bad VF-0S might pull the old switch-a-roo.

they buy a new one, switch it out with the old one, return it, and no ones the wiser. :ph34r:

[/conspiracy theory]

but don't listen to me, i'm a paranoid delusional mess! :lol:

Thanks for the feedback everyone, glad ya liked it!

id put the opinions and stuff above the collecability

Yeah, there was a lot of other ways I could have structured the reviews. Everything with the exception of the C&C section are supposed to be in order of how you'd notice things if you purchased the toy. First the box, then what the toy looks like, then how the toy transforms, when you transform it you'd probably notice if it doesn't feel very durable, then you would pose the toy. I squeezed the C&C section where I did because on some of the more vintage toys it's something that more people are curious about and often it's likely to be something you're aware of before you even purchase the toy. That's my reasoning at least but I could definitely see where people would do things completely different.

My goal is eventually to make the site a knowledge database for Macross/Robotech toys. The review scores will hopefully be far less important to people than the actual stuff they can learn about the toys themselves. It's going to take a VERY long time to get there though. Keep checkin' in to watch my progress though! :D