Sure! Except we have a more accurate Motoslave toy already. When it comes to new versions of existing products the toy companies should make a step forward, not to the side. Aoshima's version being bigger than Yamato's is a good thing, but if it's uglier then it's one thing for the other.

That's like complaining there are too many versions of Optimus Prime out there. Fans will gladly take all versions offered to them.

"Average customers" don't exist when it comes to 20 year old OAV anime. The ONLY people who will be buying this are serious fans.

No. I know nothing about the anime and don't care, I just like the design of the toy and that's why I got it. And you can bet I'm not alone in that boat. Plus, not all "serious" fans are super anal about anime accuracy. I bet most of them are glad they're just getting toys from that anime regardless of accuracy.

Edited by Dr. Z

No. I know nothing about the anime and don't care, I just like the design of the toy and that's why I got it. And you can bet I'm not alone in that boat.

I'm sure there are people who buy it for that reason, but the vast majority are going to be people who actually know the series. That's kind of how it works.

That's like complaining there are too many versions of Optimus Prime out there. Fans will gladly take all versions offered to them.

Except that fans have already kind of turned down Yamato's latest BGC figure. We don't want a toy if it's shitty and overpriced (which the Yamato is).

Edited by yellowlightman

I'm sure there are people who buy it for that reason, but the vast majority are going to be people who actually know the series. That's kind of how it works.

Except that fans have already kind of turned down Yamato's latest BGC figure. We don't want a toy if it's shitty and overpriced (which the Yamato is).

1. Read my last post.

2. All fans are not posting on this board. Only a handful. I don't agree with your "shitty" and "overpriced" statement. And again, I'm probably not the only one to disagree.

Edited by Dr. Z

Read above post.

Your post doesn't change anything.

These toys are aimed at a super small demographic of people who like Bubblegum Crisis, which had a decent following years and years ago but not so much now. So finally someone decides to try and tap this small market and all we get are poo. Just because fans have waited a long time for something doesn't mean we're going to take whatever they shovel out.

How about instead of apologizing for companies you try and figure out that paying $100 for a small model (or toy) that looks like garbage isn't worth it.

These toys are aimed at a super small demographic of people who like Bubblegum Crisis, which had a decent following years and years ago but not so much now. So finally someone decides to try and tap this small market and all we get are poo. Just because fans have waited a long time for something doesn't mean we're going to take whatever they shovel out.

How about instead of apologizing for companies you try and figure out that paying $100 for a small model (or toy) that looks like garbage isn't worth it.

What, you paid $100? You need to learn to shop at better places dude. :) Also, stop thinking your opinion is the one shared by all "fans". You hate the toy, fine. But others like me like it, you have to accept that FACT.

What, you paid $100? You need to learn to shop at better places dude. :) Also, stop thinking your opinion is the one shared by all "fans". You hate the toy, fine. But others like me like it, you have to accept that FACT.

Durrr, I could buy it for $60 if I wanted. The point is paying decent money for a small, underwhelming toy ISN'T worth it.

Feel free to read the earlier BGC thread where most people shared my feeling of being completely underwhelmed by Yamato's dinky little offering. Not to mention, you already previously stated you've never seen the anime so you would likely have much different standards than regular fans.

I just want a Linna fig that's a lot less than 50 bucks... Actually, this one's my fave: http://www.hlj.com/product/ATS34348 but again, way too expensive. (yes, I like the 2040 designs---a lot)

i got a set of that exact same figure for a little over $10 a piece. +/- $20 total for all 4.

i got 'em at a shop called Special Toy Center in Greenhills Shopping Center, Manila. they have the whole set last time i checked.

EDIT:

edited 'cuz i was a dumbass

Edited by UN_MARINE

Agreed.

i got a set of that exact same figure for a little over $10 a piece. +/- $20 total for all 4.

i got 'em at a shop called Special Toy Center in Greenhills Shopping Center, Manila. they have the whole set last time i checked.

EDIT:

edited 'cuz i was a dumbass

Ive been looking for those. Can you pick one up for me? PM me if you can.

I'm also a big VF-1 fan, but I didn't ordered the whole Banpresto line because of it.

Edit: Would you?

Like I said privately to that other dude, only the same 4-5 guys have been steadily complaining about the figure here (and only 1 or 2 actually own the figure!), you included. That doesn't put a lot of weight in the "most people don't like it" argument. Just acknowledge the fact that there ARE people who actually like the toy, something you guys seem to purposefully ignore for some odd reason.

Edited by Dr. Z

Like I said privately to that other dude, only the same 4-5 guys have been steadily complaining about the figure here (and only 1 or 2 actually own the figure!), you included. That doesn't put a lot of weight in the "most people don't like it" argument. Just acknowledge the fact that there ARE people who actually like the toy, something you guys seem to purposefully ignore for some odd reason.

Hey, I'm just replying to the post where you quoted me.

I didn't said anything about people don't liking the Yamato toy. I don't like it so, in a sensible consumer's attitude, I decided not to spend money on it. Your position seems to be "don't criticize it if you don't own it", wich means I'd have to buy just about everything to realize if it was worth it or not afterwards. Does that makes sense to you?

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

So I finally got to look at my B-Club Special BGC art book and it says here that the Motoslave is 2.21m tall. Using a scale calculator it says that a 1:12 scale toy would be 18.417cm tall or 7.25" tall... that's a pretty good size toy I would say, or model in this case. But looking the way it does, I'd probably skip it... I also scanned a picture of the scratch built 1:12 scale toy in the book that looks pretty damn good.

lineartbc4.jpg

112scalego5.jpg

Just picked up the Yamato Priss and Sylia figures. Had alot of fun posing and recreating BGC scenes. I don't mind the fly apart bikes since they practically do that in the show anyways but I don't like the shoulders or having to extend the knees. Yamato could have done a better job in those areas but besides that overall I like it. Can't wait for the Linna and Nene figures. Hopefully the some Boomers and AD Police come out too.

Well before the topic gets started who wants me to send in their points for the Boomer and AD Police mail order?

ME!

Seriously, Save, if you would do this I would be forever grateful! I was so disappointed when Yamato originally canceled those trading figures years back, and have been hoping to figure out a way to get them. I have Priss in hand and the other 3 Knight Sabers on preorder at LAF toys. What's the deal with this? You have to mail in proof of purchase from all 4 motoslaves, correct? I am absolutely in!

I've just got Nene & Linna which now gives me all 4 and I must say I'm a bit underwhelmed (boo hoo) :mellow: .

Damn I'm sick of getting done by Yamato but as there isn't much of choice when it comes to BCG items they will have to do.

Way to fragile, fiddly, fall apart at the slightest touch, keep drooping on the stand, bah, enough it's depressing. Hopefully I can get the bonus figures, that might put a better light on things.

PM sent Save B))

There's plenty of faults to this figure that I could tell; Priss's joints are loose and she'll fall apart when you try to pose her. Her butt (hips) is too narrow for the bike's seat. Neither of the figures can stand very well (if at all) without the use of the stands. I also find the coloring of the bike/Moto Slave a bit dull.

Still, it was a ton of fun to transform and play around. The Moto Slave's plastic is very strong and take plenty of abuse. The joints on theMoto Slave are also very firm and there's no "limping/slagging" of body parts when posed. The parts are tiny and I guess all the intricate details won me over (so I guess I'm a bit biased on this figure). I'll probably get more of these toys when the other ones come out.

Here's a link to my full review with images:

http://www.loopydetails.com/index.php?opti...s&Itemid=59

When's "in time"? Linna and Nene are out in November through domestic channels. If that's too late I'm out too.

Well I might be in, I just finished production so I need to find a new one in time to be able to buy toys.

I got the sillia figure it's my first one, I'm actually having fun with it. I guess I was expecting them to be smaller from all the reports that I didn't get disappointed when I finally opened it. I still need to get the Priss.

We must not be talking about the same toy. For it to "fall apart at the slighest touch", I would have to shake it violently and then throw it against a wall.

Yeah sure :rolleyes:

What about those stupid fins that plug into the back Nene's suit? They don't even stay in with the figure just standing on table.

Glad you're happy with yours though. I guess I was expecting too much.

Edited by thegunny

It's funny but as satisfied as I am with this toy (been playing with it all day) I can't recommend it to anyone. I had such low expectations, maybe I'm not so disappointed. But as a warning... the figures arms falls apart everytime you give it a new pose and the hand that holds the gun barely has enough of a connection to stay in place. The last thing I hate is that the Breastplate/Windscreen comes off so easily in motorcycle mode. It's only connected via magnet and not a very strong one.

EDIT:

Here's a bit of an odd fix that I just did right now. As I said, I have the Sylia one only. I flipped the elbow ball joint upside down and it seemed to have worked... temporarily maybe... I'll keep playing with it. Alls I need is a stronger magnet for the windscreen. And as for the hand... that'll be a challenge.

• 2 weeks later...