Code Geass

wolfx

It was planned to be three seasons? It doesn't seem that way.

Yeap it was originally planned for 3 seasons. I was thinking if 3rd season ever materialised it will be a timeskipped season with Lelouch as the new emperor of britannia 10-20 years into the future.

I wonder if the drop in ratings for R2 had anything to do with the cancellation. I also noticed very much less pizzahut product placements in R2.

I'm perfectly fine with Code Geass being two seasons as I think most anime shouldn't really exceed the 50 episode mark or it just loses its flair like some much other crap out there.

Most anime that exceed 26+ are because they have no clear path on how the episodes will progress and how the arcs will end due to pressure from the marketing machine to continue the anime to remain popular amongst the anime-watching public. Yes bleach/naruto/one piece etc i'm looking at you. But Code Geass is different cause its planned to be 3 seasons intially and now cut down to 2 which might adversely affect it.

If any of you managed to catch future spoiler for Code Geass in 4chan, this should be the last season for Code Geass.

One thing is that: (spoiler from 4chan, take it with a grain of salt)

- Lelouch identity as Zero will be announced to the world by Suzaku which cause the OOTB to revolt.

- Area 11 will be nuked (by Nina?)

- C.C. will loose her memory

- Nunnaly will be kidnapped by V.V. again.

If any of you managed to catch future spoiler for Code Geass in 4chan, this should be the last season for Code Geass.

- Lelouch identity as Zero will be announced to the world by Suzaku which cause the OOTB to revolt.

Well I certainly hope those spoilers don't come into reality. Honestly the 2nd one is just WTF and number 1 would make me want to kill Suzaku even more unless he starts spinning again.

Hmm, the story doesn't seem like it's been cut down. Though it would explain why certain things move faster than they used to. I was certain Shirley would've gotten at least another episode, and 14 did seem to move quite fast.

What's your source on this?

Those are rumors, not spoilers. Though they are plausible. I just hope Lelou kills Rolo before his heart does.

By the way, did anyone else notice that the date is wrong on her coffin? It's looks like Rolo not only killed her, but even robbed her of an entire year...

Edited by Mercurial Morpheus

What's with the cliched ungrateful irish immortals eh? All them just wanna die now don't they?

I dunno bout u guys but this episode was evident that they seem to be compensating for the loss of the 3rd season. Too much stuff was revealed in one episode and there seems much more that we still don't know. C.C's sudden confession to her desire was also zomg....that was sudden. C.C's flashbacks was moe. ;)

I guess 4 can't happen anyomore...

What's with the cliched ungrateful irish immortals eh? All them just wanna die now don't they?

I dunno bout u guys but this episode was evident that they seem to be compensating for the loss of the 3rd season. Too much stuff was revealed in one episode and there seems much more that we still don't know. C.C's sudden confession to her desire was also zomg....that was sudden. C.C's flashbacks was moe. ;)

So now the Immortal Witch turn into an Immortal Slave huh. I quess the pace will get faster from now on, I'm expecting major conflict and characters got slaughtered soon. (where's that devil emoticon when you need one)

So now the Immortal Witch turn into an Immortal Slave huh. I quess the pace will get faster from now on, I'm expecting major conflict and characters got slaughtered soon. (where's that devil emoticon when you need one)

No longer immortal I say, take a look at the end of the episode. She no longer has the geass mark on her forhead. Question is, did it go to Lelouch (or did he just stick his contact back in after grabbing her?) or not.

hmm...I'm unimpresed by Code Geass developement I actually don't understand anymore what Lelouch is fighting for, what is this mess of Villeta being a double agent or whatever?? how stupid is Suzaku to not realize who Zero is, the story is messed up, I didn't understand crap about the geass city whatever, V.V. and Charles...nothing is explained, and this killing characters out of nowhere is getting old and the whole, reboot I lost my memory is getting even older...hope it picks up now that they must up the pace since season 3 was cancelled,

What is the source for this cancelled season 3 thing? It just seems unlikely to me since the initial plan was to have a 50 episode series with no breaks...

There are no plan for season 3 to begin with, the producer promises to end everything on season 2 finale, that's why I'm expecting the pace will go faster in the next few episode.

What is the source for this cancelled season 3 thing? It just seems unlikely to me since the initial plan was to have a 50 episode series with no breaks...

I believe the chronology of the plans for Code Geass were as follows: (based on insider information, nothing officially announced though)

1.) big bang season planned like Eureka 7.

2.) split season into 3 parts, reason being more time for development to ensure quality.

3.) Sometime after season 1, producers still weren't sure what format they'd release the sequels in....OVA, TV Series or theatrical release.

4.) R2 confirmed to be TV series.

5.) midway of R2, confirmed to be only 2 TV series.

so there u go. It does seem to me that a longer show was planned but was cut down last minute. Either that or the quality of the writing is degrading.

;)

Edited by wolfx

Hm... just the last interview I read contradicts "3 seasons" idea since Sunrise didn't want to go with the director/writer's original plan of 50-ish episodes and put it at 25. If Code Geass didn't do as well as it did, the original ending at 25 was going to be some kind of pseudo-Eva ending... just the way it was talked about sounded like it was "officially confirmed to be dropped" and confused me.

To contribute to the thread over my confusion, here's lineart for Galahad, Precival, and the ...Gareth(production type Gawain)?

http://img156.imageshack.us/my.php?image=roundsri2.jpg

I wonder if C.C. still attached to pizza after she lost her memory :huh:

Any idea who will be piloting Gareth (mass production Gawain?)?

Edited by Morpheus

The Japanese have always loved stories depicting immortality as a curse rather than a blessing. Nothing new. I sort of like how CC didn't want to burden Lelouch with it. It would kind of suck to gain such after just about everyone you cared about ends up dead through your actions.

I was finally able to start watching R2 over the weekend. this series is still great! didn't expect it to be able to keep up its pace and intrigue, but so far i am pleasantly surprised.

but... i watched up to ep 13

and i am so frickin sad.. NOOOOOOOOOOO!!! SHIRLEY!!!!

:(

and since most of you seem to have gone beyond ep 13 already, i will first refrain from reading more of this thread, lest i be spoiled. this is one series where i can't afford a spoiler. :)

You go girl!

My fondness for Kallen has just doubled. Which is good since she's one of my least favorite characters. As cruel as they've been to the girls lately, they always allow them a moment for awesomenes. Suzuka really needed some sense knocked into him. Coupled with his talks with Shirley and Anya, he might come around yet.

I really loved Lelouch's phone call at the end of the episode. It's such a turn for him.

It's also interesting seeing CC this way. It looks like it was a good thing for Lelouch. Regular CC probably could've not cared less.

Finally, Kudos to Sunrise for correcting the mistake on my beloved Shirley's casket. The girl got her year back. Hopefully they'll fix the video version of 14 to match.

A whole load of dung hitting the fan this episode. :ph34r:

It feels really really fast...and C.C's moe slave girl a cheap trick to boost figure sales? :lol:

So now the stage is set. Lelouch vs the emperor. At the rate things are going, I'm sure Lelouch will not do the finishing move by the end which endangers himself only to be saved by both Schneizel and Suzaku. That's how this story is going, if i can predict where Goro Taniguchi is going.

This is so Goro....the one where friendship will save everyone angle will come in time. :lol:

Is there a reason why the Gawain MKII (forgot its name) can fly in a Gefion Disturber field?

This is so Goro....the one where friendship will save everyone angle will come in time. :lol:

Is there a reason why the Gawain MKII (forgot its name) can fly in a Gefion Disturber field?

Shinkinrou, I think Lelouch Geass it to think itself as a human not a knightmare :lol: What is operation Ragnarok anyway? The emperor seems to started it as Japan Invasion begin.

WHy they kept hanging Cornelia 1 handed to the ceiling...... :huh:

next eps looks like it might have some more named characters bite the dust B))

According to the spoiler

Asahina will be killed along with 60 million Eleven when Freya detonated

Shinkinrou, I think Lelouch Geass it to think itself as a human not a knightmare :lol: What is operation Ragnarok anyway? The emperor seems to started it as Japan Invasion begin.

WHy they kept hanging Cornelia 1 handed to the ceiling...... :huh:

Lulu and Orange-Kun must be into BDSM or something. :wacko::ph34r:

:blink:

Well anyway,

Suzaku fired Freya and causing untold death, Lelouch Geass (to live) was responsible since Suzaku was being raped by Kallen.

Kallen the Vampire Slayer is back :lol:

Edited by Morpheus