working sdf-1 1/8000

nomalbill

So toilet cleaner kills SDF1`s :p

Seriously we need to know what this stuff is. I think may be I can get it to remove all the nasty chrome I have on an old car kit.

Edited by big F

I refuse to use the mighty Coke bottle to strip the paint from a model. What a flasfemy to waste a can of good soda that way....

Well if it works than it's still cheaper than a bottle cleaner. :lol: The cleaner Tuffskul recommended (Mr Muscle) didn't worked on the chromed Lost in space Jupiter 2.

@Nomalbilll Nice to see another 1/8000 SDF-1 kit. The number of Valkyrie kits here is way too much. :D

That bottle looks like a general household laundry bleach. So I will try one that have sodium hypochlorite.

I have the same kit (just recieve it yesterday).

Thanks nomalbill for sharing this, it is a big help.

English is hard for me too. But you have lots of picture, a "picture" can be a thousand words.

Wow, this looks like an interesting project to follow! :blink:

About the stripping: Johnson's Mr Muscle drain declogger. I once stripped chrome with it, and it works instantly. It's also the "traditional" stuff for Finnish modelers to strip paint. Works really well on other paints, but some may be difficult to strip. In my little experience.

Here's an article about coke and chrome...

Cola as Chrome Remover

Thanks ! :D 1,5L Coke = 0,9€ or a bottle 0,5L Johnson's Mr. Muscle for 3,49€ . Mmmmmh. Would be stupid if I use Mr. Muscle for chrome stripping again. I soacked a spreu from Polar lights Jupiter 2 kit and the left over leg parts from my chromed SDF-1 in Mr. Muscle for 2 days but nothing happend. Maybe german Mr. Muscle isn't strong enough. The only thing which worked well till now was Reckitt Benckiser's "Cillit Bang"(1L 5€).

Jupiter 2's outher hull are Ø42cm.

Lalalala...lala Always Coke Cola.