Iron Man the Movie

Ladic

Looks sharp, but I don't know if I want to have to buy the HT IM twice... I would REALLY love a high-detailed Mk I along the lines of the Takara Jin-Roh figure... fully detailed leather jerkin and under suit, and totally accurate armor setup... drool.

On the one hand, the Hot Toys Iron Man looks really good, but on the other it also looks stiff like a brick... what to do?

Anybody else feel the same?

I kind of know what you mean, it'd nice to see some more dyamic poses with the figure. For example I keep wondering if it can do this pose:

post-69-1219775573_thumb.jpg

As for ordering more than one HT Iron Man, I'm gonna stick with the Mk3 for now. A Mk1 would be nice as a future release B))

So is the first one out already? (Red Version) Can anyone confirm if the face plate retracts up like the new MKII or?

The more i look at the MK II i want it and want it. BAD ASS!

It would serve better for air to air, harder to see him, not unlike a low vis scheme. His Red one just screams hit me hit me hit me!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

ohhh nice! the faceplate retracts up!!!

Seeing that's it's similar, does the face plate retract up on the red suited version?

I still like his original red and yellow more though..

Just a thought but it could be an alternative head and not an actual mechanical retracting faceplate.

Argh, but it would be so easy for them to make it retract or atleast placed like that. I'd mod it if they are too lazy to able it to be taken off and on.

Hope it's atleast the same one head, but with detachable face plate means and then locked up as if it was retracted.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Argh, but it would be so easy for them to make it retract or atleast placed like that. I'd mod it if they are too lazy to able it to be taken off and on.

Hope it's atleast the same one head, but with detachable face plate means and then locked up as if it was retracted.

Hot Toys have posted all the juciy details on their site and it turns out the head is both an alternate piece and features a rasing faceplate

- Alternate head that has a raising face- plate revealing the face of Robert Downey Jr. as TONY STARK

http://www.hottoys.com.hk/product.php?cat=68&pid=389

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.hobbyfan.com/product_info.php?products_id=6943

damn it's an alternate head after all, i think i'll mod it so i can click it in with custom side tabs, just for sakes. (eyes light up for the enclosed helmet option)

No one got the red one yet?

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I preordered whatever the most special edition was... I will be annoyed if a more definitive, or special-feature laden version comes out later...

EDIT: Noone's posted pics of the Mk I Hot Toys figure yet? It was posted on theFwoosh the other day...

2882442077_e14e7018e1_o.jpg

Edited by promethuem5

Am I the only one pants-pooingly excited over the Hot Toys Mk I figure? There's some articulation shots elsewhere on the web, and it can crouch!!

Oh it looks cool alright, just that i only want the silver version and won't want to collect any others. A Pepper fig would be awesome though. :rolleyes:

thinking again about the modifying, i could use magnets! But might have to be a bit thin, i'll look into it.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I don't like that Best Buy, Circuit City, Target, and Walmart are all putting out slightly different DVD sets.

Best Buy

$39.99 2-disc set with Sideshow Collectibles mini bust and $50 gift card for Sideshow Collectibles, and free Iron Man lithograph

$22.99 2-disc set with an Iron Man lithograph

Circuit City

$22.99 2-disc set with 6 digital comics for download

Target

$22.99 2-disc set with special mask packaging and bonus footage

Walmart

$19.96 "Mom Pack" 1-disc set with bonus soundtrack sampler, and the Pilot episode of the Iron Man animated series.

$19.96 2-disc set with Fanboy Comic Book

I am leaning toward the Target set for the "bonus footage" which doesn't seem to be in the other sets. However, the special mask packaging is not really something I care about. I got the Transformers one last time and wasn't that impressed. It just meant it took up more room on my shelf.

The Best Buy set is intriguing because of the $50 gift card which would put you ahead by $10. Assuming you wanted to buy something from Sideshow Collectibles anyway. But, I don't really want to blow $40 on anything right now.

The Walmart sets are the cheapest but by only a few bucks so it really comes down to who has the best content or goodies.

All I want is the most DVD content for the least amount of money, but there are pros and cons to each set for me.

Edited by sharky

I really hate that these stores are doing this now. I got the Target version since it has more bonus footage than the others. Why am i now being forced to choose where i go to buy movies because of the content. this is some serious coporate BS!

This just in! I think the "bonus footage" that Target advertises is simply a gimmick. They are referring to the 2-disc set having bonus footage compared to the single-disc set. I was browsing the DVDTalk Forum and some guy mentioned it.

Target Ad: "Blu-ray Disc and deluxe DVD have exclusive mask packaging and additional bonus footage."

The key is that they are using exclusive only in reference to the mask packaging.

I will be really p**sed off if this is really true. I just bought it during my lunch break, and I have no way of knowing if I have any more content than the regular 2-disc set.

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/5399...ollectible.html

picked up my copy (blur-ray) at Fry's. Looks great, a pretty faithful transfer. Handles the change in cinematography in the desert very handedly. The blacks in the movie are handled very well, dark but with plenty of definition.

Sound is impressive. It sounds to me that the low freq mix is pretty faithful to the theatrical release... so those of you with nice subs will have lots of fun. Still impressive for those of us with more entry level-mid level gear.

Edited by eugimon

By two-disk came from Amazon, and my mom shipped it out today... I am completely unammused by the trend of releasing store-specific versions of movies.

yeah, that practice really annoys me but honestly, I haven't found the store specific content to be particularly impressive or desirable so I just go for where is on sale. <_<

Hmm pick my copy at fry's electronics today I think I got a bad blu-ray disk, disk 1 doesn't work, disk 2 works fine. I heard that they recalled some disks before the release, I think I got a copy that fry's didn't return, need to take back. Here is the SKU on my disk 097361385747, I found this link, so I think my copy is a recall copy.

http://www.highdefforum.com/high-definitio...y-recalled.html

Hmm pick my copy at fry's electronics today I think I got a bad blu-ray disk, disk 1 doesn't work, disk 2 works fine. I heard that they recalled some disks before the release, I think I got a copy that fry's didn't return, need to take back. Here is the SKU on my disk 097361385747, I found this link, so I think my copy is a recall copy.

http://www.highdefforum.com/high-definitio...y-recalled.html

I have that SKU as well, works fine on my ps3. BDLIVE and extras play fine as well.

Edited by eugimon

Really?! hmm when I put disk 1 in, all I get is iron man chest logo in the middle of the screen, do you get the same thing?

yeah, sat like that for a while... a few minutes actually. But that was just the first time. Now it loads right to the Paramount HD logo.

Same thing happened with the Transformers disc, long install time, fast afterwards. Maybe it's a BDLIVE thing?

Edited by eugimon

yeah, sat like that for a while... a few minutes actually. But that was just the first time. Now it loads right to the Paramount HD logo.

Same thing happened with the Transformers disc, long install time, fast afterwards. Maybe it's a BDLIVE thing?

Ok got it, all I had to do is turn off the BDLIVE. WOW blu-ray is a HUGE difference then DVD!!!!!!

Edited by DrunkenMaster2