Iron Man the Movie

Ladic

sharky - Don't forget the Costco 3 bobblehead exclusive Iron Man DVD set (no, I am not joking).

Pics of the different sets linked here:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/ironmannews.php?id=7695

:lol:

Thanks for the update. Although there are Costco's in my area I don't shop there. I was just going off of what came in my Sunday paper. It is frustrating that every store puts out different gimmicks. I suppose since they are around the same price you should get whatever suits your fancy. After looking over the link you provided I would have preferred to get the Steelbook package version. I ended up getting the Target version only because I thought it had some extra bonus footage, but I think I fell victim to some clever wording on the ad. I have yet to confirm that it does have anything more than the other 2-disc sets. IMO the Steelbook looks much cooler than the plastic mask packaging.

i cant wait for this!

edit: No commentary? Lame!

Yeah, but the 'making of' is really good, it's a quasi commentary. We'll get our commentary when Iron Man 2 comes out and paramount double dips with their Super Special Collectors Edition of Iron Man <_<

Must... resist... buying Blu-Ray player... need money... B-but I want it so bad! :wacko:

I think it's worth it. And think about the movies coming out... wall-e and dark knight. Both should look and sound amazing on blu-ray. Iron Man looks and sounds fantastic.

For those who have the 2-disc edition, go to The Invincible Iron Man on Disc 2.

During an interview with former writer Gerry Conway, there's a display case with a collection of Marvel figures behind him. Two of the figures have been censored. Anyone know which characters these are?

post-237-1222913796_thumb.jpg

But still, why would Marvel censor their own characters?

because they don't own the film/tv/DVD rights to the images of those particular character so they can't show then.

edit:The film rights thing makes sense, but there's shots of cyclops, sandman and other characters currently licensed to Fox... so I have no clue.

Edited by eugimon

Picked up the Blu-ray at Best Buy today. I would have bought it the day before at Wal-Mart, since it's more or less across the street, but despite listing it at $25.86 on the website, the store wanted $29.96.

Audio wasn't really impressing me, but to be fair, I shut it off before any explosions, and I had the volume low because my wife had already gone to bed Sometime this week I intend to watch it fully with the audio up.

I swear BD Live is turning out to be more annoying than useful/fun. I mean, I honestly rarely watch more than the actual film on the majority of my DVD and Blu-rays. Transformers rolls along, and I had to wait between 5-10 minutes for some feature I'm sure I'll never use, and now Iron Man comes out and I had the disc in my PS3 for almost an hour and it never left the loading screen. I gave up, stopped the disc, restarted it, and told it not to connect to the net. All this for, what, some stupid trivia game?

Oh, not sure if it was mentioned before, but apparently there's a way to tell if you have a fixed Blu-ray copy or not. For the fixed version, look for a UPC sticker on the back of the case over the one printed on the cover. Defective one should just have the printed one. Also, look at the discs. If the movie is blue and the extras are gray, you have the fixed one. If both are gray, you have the defective one.

During an interview with former writer Gerry Conway, there's a display case with a collection of Marvel figures behind him. Two of the figures have been censored. Anyone know which characters these are?

Blue looks like Superman, the other one looks like it's either Hellboy or Deadman, all 3 of which are properties of DC, while Hellboy is property of Dark Horse, neither belong to Marvel, which is probably why they are all censored.

You guys hammered the system! LOL! (still waiting for BB to ship my purchase.. <_< I might cave and go pick up the steelbook version in the meantime.)

Iron Man BD-Live Statement from Paramount

Posted October 1, 2008 10:38 PM by Ben Williams

The following is a statement from Paramount regarding the BD-Live functionality of Iron Man:

"The Iron Man Blu-ray went on sale Tuesday and due to the overwhelming popularity of the release an unprecedented demand was placed on the BD-Live connection. The disc represents a truly state-of-the art Blu-ray presentation with a first of its kind BD-Live application. As such, the heavy amount of traffic strained the servers due to so many people heading to the same destination. The bandwidth capacity was increased in preparation for the release but the demand exceeded all expectations so capacity was expanded dramatically last night and local servers were established worldwide to accommodate all the fans. The issue should be completely resolved but if anyone experiences a brief traffic jam, we have provided consumers with a menu option during disc startup that allows them to go directly to the movie main menu or continue to download the BD-Live features."

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=1849

Oh, not sure if it was mentioned before, but apparently there's a way to tell if you have a fixed Blu-ray copy or not. For the fixed version, look for a UPC sticker on the back of the case over the one printed on the cover. Defective one should just have the printed one. Also, look at the discs. If the movie is blue and the extras are gray, you have the fixed one. If both are gray, you have the defective one.

Defective: UPC: 097361385747

New "Fixed": UPC: 097361385709

Edit: Got my BB IM today. Guess I won't double dip for the Steelbook. Loads up pretty fast and asks me if I want to DL the BD Live stuff.

Picked up the Blu-ray at Best Buy today. I would have bought it the day before at Wal-Mart, since it's more or less across the street, but despite listing it at $25.86 on the website, the store wanted $29.96.

Best Buy had the best in-store price IIRC and it was $25.

I swear BD Live is turning out to be more annoying than useful/fun. I mean, I honestly rarely watch more than the actual film on the majority of my DVD and Blu-rays. Transformers rolls along, and I had to wait between 5-10 minutes for some feature I'm sure I'll never use, and now Iron Man comes out and I had the disc in my PS3 for almost an hour and it never left the loading screen. I gave up, stopped the disc, restarted it, and told it not to connect to the net. All this for, what, some stupid trivia game?

You can turn off the BD-Live internet connection stuff from the BD/DVD settings menu on the PS3. I only had to wait for about 2 minutes on iron man. Target had the special mask/case version and was 27.99 IIRC.

I think the blue figure is either Punisher or Mr. Fantastic. Red one is probably Daredevil. Punisher, Mr. Fantastic, and Daredevil might be Marvel characters, but the movie rights to those characters are not owned by the same company that owns the Iron Man rights. Confusing, I know. Same reason why we won't be seeing Spider-Man in the Avengers movie.

I think the blue figure is either Punisher or Mr. Fantastic. Red one is probably Daredevil. Punisher, Mr. Fantastic, and Daredevil might be Marvel characters, but the movie rights to those characters are not owned by the same company that owns the Iron Man rights. Confusing, I know. Same reason why we won't be seeing Spider-Man in the Avengers movie.

In that case, Sandman, Cyclops and Doc Ock should be censored from that pic as well.

For those who checked out the deleted scenes, what did you think of the original ending?

SPOILER

On the original ending, the Arc Reactor overload does not instantly kill Stane. The Iron Monger suit hangs on the edge next to Stark. Stark holds on to Stane as he tries to free himself from the cockpit. Realizing his lower body is stuck, Stane then grabs Stark's arm with both hands as an attempt to bring him along his fall. Stark releases parts of his forearm armor, sending Stane falling to his death.

I don't own ANY 1/6 aka 12" scale toys and I am very seriously considering the Mark 2 (Silver armor). Wish they could do a 1/18 25th anniversary GI Joe figure (swappable limbs, etc).

• 3 weeks later...
Howard gave an interview on NPR where he says this wasn't the case and that he doesn't know why he was fired.

Yeah, who knows what the real reason is. From Howard's side it might look bad to say publicly he wanted more money. He might want to maintain a good public image. From the studio side, it might have been typical Hollywood politics. Maybe he rubbed one of the studio execs the wrong way, but the studio will never say that's the reason. So, perhaps they are making up the story about not offering enough money. Maybe someone owes Don Cheadle a favor. Again, none of us outsiders will probably ever know the real reason.

It seems plausible to me that Terrence Howard wouldn't simply drop such a huge role. Even if he wasn't getting what he really wanted for the role, it would make sense for him to still do it simply because it could take his career to the next level. From what I have read Iron Man 2 was going to have Howard's character play a much bigger supporting role as he was going to get a suit of his own. So, IMHO the studio execs are full of s**t, and they are not saying why they dropped Howard.