What About Claudia?

Maxtype

I know Kawamori has said that the story of Misa,Hikaru,andMinmay is done-and we know about the bridge bunnies and the micronized Zentraedi-but what about Claudia?

I'm pretty sure Edgar from Macross Zero is her Brother.Was there ever anything about her?

IIRC there is a scene in Mac+ that shows the crowd gathered for the Sharon Apple Concert. In that scene you see a number of people that have been theorized to be survivors of the original crew including Claudia and Global. So she is still alive at that time, but as two she is doing with her life, who knows, maybe she and Global hooked up, or perhaps she is some high ranking diplomat by that time. She would after all still be a hero of SW1.

IIRC there is a scene in Mac+ that shows the crowd gathered for the Sharon Apple Concert.  In that scene you see a number of people that have been theorized to be survivors of the original crew including Claudia and Global.  So she is still alive at that time, but as two she is doing with her life, who knows, maybe she and Global hooked up, or perhaps she is some high ranking diplomat by that time.  She would after all still be a hero of SW1.

427347[/snapback]

Thanks,Knight26-I'll look for that now-Claudia was always a favorite of mine :)

I had always assumed that she was the mother of Aegis Focker. As far as that scene of the SW1 survivors, I'll have to look that up. Approximately where is that scene? Is that at the Armistice?

427422[/snapback]

I thought I saw someware that Aegis Focker was Roy's nephew-but it aint on the Macross Compendium site-anybody know? :huh:

I didn't see Claudia in Macross Plus however there were some character designs similar to the three Zentradi spies and the Mayor of Macross City or possibly the cook. Oddly enough there was a girl who looked a bit like Minmay, she was wearing a chinese dress as well. There was a guy who could have been Gloval only he'd have to dye his hair blond. The scene is right before Sharon's concert on earth during the military ceremony. They zoom in on some special guests in the audience.

Actually the Global looking fellow is one of the brain washed Macross crew glued to a monitor.  It is more of a easter egg/gag then a real appearance to me.

427798[/snapback]

They refer to him as Captain so I guess Goval got demoted. Unless you are talking about somebody else. He also has a beard instead of a mustache and no accent, although that could simply be because he was an unnamed character. Also, he would be much older looking.

Actually the Global looking fellow is one of the brain washed Macross crew glued to a monitor.   It is more of a easter egg/gag then a real appearance to me.

427798[/snapback]

They refer to him as Captain so I guess Goval got demoted. Unless you are talking about somebody else. He also has a beard instead of a mustache and no accent, although that could simply be because he was an unnamed character. Also, he would be much older looking.

427859[/snapback]

I think you guys might be referring to two different people, the guy with the mustache is I think part of the security force and the gentlemen with the beard is named somewhere on the Macross Compendium.

Higgins, the guy on the right side is the new captain of the SDF-01.

post-401-1156433084_thumb.jpg

post-401-1156433128_thumb.jpg

Edited by briscojr84

Still the wrong pic. Actually he think his joke cameo is in that "securtiy scene" but the scene is too dark at the moment. There was better picture posted a few years ago. He's actually behind the blackman and blonde haired guy. In that picture his just a shadow but I think there's a version of the grab with more light.

• 3 weeks later...

Well Aegis sure doesn't look black, and Claudia laments that she never got to have Roy's child in the Viva Maria episode.

There's a picture of Global in the Colonel's office, just to the right of the hanging gloves in the scene where Isamu and Yang confront him about the announcement of the Ghost X-9 (at least in the movie edition).

Weak? Macross fact, is what it is. Mass human cloning/emmigration/extra-solar colonization ring a bell? The background of Macross Plus, 7, VF-X, and VF-X2 to name but 4.

Of course I remember that. I'm just saying that I don't buy that Roy was cloned and then had a child with Claudia or someone else after his death.

Did I say that? No. Perhaps I alluded to Aegis being a clone of Roy's DNA, but nothing more than that.

In fact, my original intent was that he was a clone. Period. A clone of who or what, doesn't matter, just that he is a clone and not the offspring of parents.

Problem is he doesn't even look like Roy. We see young Roy in some flashbacks and that episode about how he and Claudia met. Aegis doesn't look like him, and he doesn't even sound like him. Not to mention Aegis doesn't have that big chin, and he's not a monster of a man like Roy (unless all the other characters in VFX2 are giants as well, which would make Gilliam a super-tall giant of a man).

A clone of Roy Focker, Aegis is not. And keep in mind VFX2's character designer was Mikimoto so it's not like you can argue that it's due to a different character designer. :p

Aegis... blonde hair, bad-ass pilot, skull insgnia with black and yellow colors, same last name and NOT related to Roy? I find that hard to believe! I can deal with him not being Roy's son, but I'm sure he's related in some way.

Hey guys.I just looked on Macross2.net,and someone there said a panel at AX 04 said Aegis is not related to Roy.Anybody ever heard that :unsure:

Well Aegis sure doesn't look black, and Claudia laments that she never got to have Roy's child in the Viva Maria episode.

C'mon, we're talking about Roy here... Claudia is not the only possible mom. :p It would be weird if they weren't related somehow though. Same series, same last name. They might as well have another Hikaru in some other storyline. At least the family name wont be the same.

Oh I wasn't arguing about Aegis not being related to Focker, Exo. I just doubt that Aegis is his child, considering when Roy died and how young Aegis seems to be. I was just saying that it's not possible that Claudia gave birth to Aegis. :lol:

I'm in the camp that believes Aegis is related to Roy somehow. :)

Problem is he doesn't even look like Roy. We see young Roy in some flashbacks and that episode about how he and Claudia met. Aegis doesn't look like him, and he doesn't even sound like him. Not to mention Aegis doesn't have that big chin, and he's not a monster of a man like Roy (unless all the other characters in VFX2 are giants as well, which would make Gilliam a super-tall giant of a man).

A clone of Roy Focker, Aegis is not. And keep in mind VFX2's character designer was Mikimoto so it's not like you can argue that it's due to a different character designer. :p

You should be aware that as an artist progresses in experience (both doing art, and the world beyond,) and age, their style tends to change. Have you seen the new DVD art for the original series? Done by Mikimoto, I might add. The main characters look nothing like what he did 15+ years ago. Sorry, but that line of reasoning doesn't hold much merrit.

I agree that they don't look alike, but do you look 100% like your mom, or your dad? It is possible that he is the offspring of the clone of Roy - or that using the advanced OTEC cloning facilities, he is a partial clone of Roy.

Though, it could just be Mikimoto messing with us, by giving him the same name. ;) (I'm starting to lean towards this.)

Oh I am quite aware that artists' styles change with experience, like looking at Nobuhiro Watsuki's early artwork before Rurouni Kenshin, and watching his style evolve then de-evolve during RK. But I disagree that the characters look nothing like they did 15+ years ago. It is still Mikimoto's style, it's just been refined over the years. But when I look, I easily recognize his style, it's quite unique, and the characters are recognizably themselves.

Comparing an older illustration with Roy versus a more recent illustration like in the Innocence artbook, the dvd box art for Macross done in 2000 versus one done in the late 80s or early 90s, colored with gouache, it is still recognizably Roy with the same facial characteristics, it's just the minute details that are different. And the illustration from 2000 was done only a year after VFX2 came out, and Aegis does not share the same facial characteristics. Roy's chin and jaw is much more pronounced and chiseled, plus his nose is bigger.

My big point is that Aegis is not a clone of Roy.

Let me emphasize that I think he's related, but not a clone. And he can't be the child of ORIGINAL Roy Focker by natural means, the one that died in SDF Macross (unless they stole his balls and sucked the juice out of them, or he was a frequent donor to the sperm banks and had them cryogenically frozen for future use).

Yes Aegis has the blond hair. Yes he has a certain glint in his eyes that Roy had. He could very well be the son of a Roy clone, or a nephew of Roy. The description of Aegis in the gamebook is standard "he's a pilot, blah blah blah" but doesn't say if he is or isn't related to Roy.

clarification: balls jokingly meant to get sperm for artificial insemination down the line, which would be able to explain Aegis being Roy's son being so young so long after his death. Cloning, yeah blood samples from the infirmary is a perfectly fine theory. :)

Edited by Sumdumgai

Aegis is too young to be my son. As for a clone he isn't an exact match. Before I met Claudia I was really quite a swinger. If Aegis is my son or clone then there's a good chance he's my grandson. Then again there's a chance 40% all of the population by that time is related to me to some degree.