Ghost In The Shell Toys And Models

EXO

That 1/6 figure is nice, but the price is awfully steep, especially when comparing it to the Ex Machina Appleseed figures coming out (same price range, but appear to be waaaaayyyyy more detailed). You can't play that Yamato "we're so small and Macross is such a limited audience that our manufacturing runs are low, thus we charge you through the nose" game here ... for that much cash it better make toast and wash my car.

Maybe there are some cool gimmicks I'm just not making out. Hell, I'll probably wind up getting one anyway once someone marks them down, but with the Goodsmile Tachi coming out soon (anyone heard any news on that one?), and the Deunan and Bri figures about to come out, my wallet is about to take a serious pounding.

• 2 weeks later...

The Goodsmile is the Tachi I'd ideally like to get, but I'm saving that money for the CMs Legioss. I do have the Wave Tachi with Motoko on preorder from BBTS. I'm kind of surprised they don't have it yet, I thought it came out a month or two ago.

• 2 weeks later...
I think I would get this over the RAH.

variablemotionfigureoi4.jpg

Woah, I missed this the other day. I'd love more info on this figure. I'll probably only get it if it's 1/12 scale or smaller though.

Also, does anyone know how good the Wave Tachikomas are, or know where any reviews are for them? I've got the dark blue Motoko version preordered but I don't know much about them.

Woah, I missed this the other day. I'd love more info on this figure. I'll probably only get it if it's 1/12 scale or smaller though.

Also, does anyone know how good the Wave Tachikomas are, or know where any reviews are for them? I've got the dark blue Motoko version preordered but I don't know much about them.

It says 1/7 on there... dunno who's doing it. I'm definitely dggin this one more than the Medicom one.

I'm not really liking the huge gap for the shoulder joint though.

It's possible the shoulder joints are similar to Volks or Revoltech and that they're just pulled out a little in that photo and could be pushed in closer to the torso.

I'm just bummed about the scale. This and that Yamato Minmay doll look spectacular but they're just too large for my collection. I used to have several 12" figures but they ate up space so fast that I got rid of most of them. I do still have the original Motoko 1/6 figure from Toycom (I think that's the company), and I suppose I could display this one alongside that one, but the difference of 1/6 to 1/7 might look odd. I'm really counting on a Revoltech or Figma Motoko.

hey, could you please tell me what the name of that figure is? and where I could buy it? Thank you.

hey, could you please tell me what the name of that figure is? and where I could buy it? Thank you.

Welcome to MW! I don't think anyone here knows the maker of that figure yet, or where to order it from.

Her name is Motoko Kusanagi.

The 1/7 PVC statue figure in the eBay link is by Alpha (Beagle/Vice/Alter). HLJ.com Sold out

The 1/7 Posable figure in the scan is by Yamato. HLJ.com Pre-order hasn't started yet.

The 1/7 PVC statue figure in the eBay link is by Alpha (Beagle/Vice/Alter). HLJ.com Sold out

The 1/7 Posable figure in the scan is by Yamato. HLJ.com Pre-order hasn't started yet.

Awesome, thanks for the info. I had no idea it was a Yamato figure. :)

I see that this is one of a new line from Yamato, i wonder if they are trying to compete with Revoltech on poseable character figures

I see that this is one of a new line from Yamato, i wonder if they are trying to compete with Revoltech on poseable character figures

These seem a lot bigger than Revoltech, so it'll be on a whole different market. Probably way more expensive. I hope the quality is good as my Appleseed figures sucked big time. But I think they just distributed that for Alpha. If they're making these themselves I'll expect more from them.

Did anyone pick this up?

review:

http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78174

hlj:

http://www.hlj.com/cgi-perl/tanoue/freedom...?Code=BAN950847

The Bandai tachikoma chogokin. From the review, it seems to be mainly die-cast, though a bit small. Electronic functions are so-so too. Approx 13000 yen. Still, strangely tempted by this... looks like a fun, if expensive, desktop item. Will prob irritate the hell out of your co-workers!

Edited by the_foul_fowl

just FYI for anyone interested in the 1/7 PVC statue figure from Alpha, I understand its to be re-released, so dont go spending up too big getting it. Should be around 70USD I think at retail =-) I have it, and its a great looking figure IMO