1/48 Dyrl Kakizaki Vf-1a

jonwayne

I'm glad I don't buy DYRL paint schemes... Yamato is sucking me dry as it is! For the rest of you, you have my sympathies!

haha, wise words from a wise man.

thanks for the pics, but if you've seen one DYRL valk, you've seen them all.

oh and regarding the head laser,

just take the thing off and paint it correctly or hook it up with fulcy's hollowed out head laser, it adds a little flavor to a 1A valk.

Edited by haterist

Yup they are out, just got mine today. unfortunately the right leg on mine has a bit of plastic deformity right around the landing gear flap. Not bad enought to exchange it, but just enough to not have that mint out of the box feeling. Don't worry though, I'd bet I'm the only one.

As for the skulls, I can't really tell if they are crooked or not, as I've had ones like Max where everyone says it's crooked but I thought mine looked fine, this time however, I did feel like there was something different about them. Ha, watch eveyone get him and say they are finally straight again! :) maybe I just have crooked eyes. :ph34r:

Anyhow, beyond that, not much to report. Standard 1A, nothing extra beyond the normal, green is good, box art looks good, like the Angel Birds and 0S did.

That is all I guess...

• 3 weeks later...

Technically it would be the seconde time Yamato has screwed up with the colour of

head lasers. The Hikaru VF-1S lasers should of been all white, but they are not...

You would of thought these mistakes would not occur at all because the plastic is

white anyway. Save the paint and money...

Technically it would be the seconde time Yamato has screwed up with the colour of

head lasers. The Hikaru VF-1S lasers should of been all white, but they are not...

You would of thought these mistakes would not occur at all because the plastic is

white anyway. Save the paint and money...

You can probably find just as many on-screen shots of Hikaru's VF-1S with white head lasers as you can with dark gray/black. You'll notice that the shots in which the head lasers appear to be white are generally far away shots, thus the lasers are white probably just so they don't disappear against the very dark backgrounds.

I think Yamato got it right on the Hikaru 1S. Of course, there's still some who feel that his VF-1S should have a black heatshield, but that's another debate for another thread :p

White head lasers

IPB Image

IPB Image

Dark gray/black head lasers

IPB Image

IPB Image

The second screen shot from the top features a clearly over-exposed Hik VF-1S (as if he is direct line of a giant spot light from the SDF-1). As such, I wouldn't say it really supports a white head-laser argument.

Basically, all discussion over what color the head lasers and shields are *supposed* to be aside, Yamato should have at least strived for consistency. We may never know if the head lasers should be white but we didn't need that debate driven home every time we pose the skull squadron toys with each other.