VF1A-FAN

Hello All!

Been a while since I last posted.

Well, I was looking through the storage and found these:

142wxvk.jpg

142ybk1.jpg

*** CORRECTION; THIS IS THE SEGA SATURN GAME. NOT DREAMCAST ***

142ycs2.jpg

My dad used to work for NEC (USA) when they were based in Culver City, CA. He took me there a few times after school and I was able to test out some their Japanese games. He was able to get me these two Macross titles.

I really enjoyed playing these games back in the day. Now, I have to find a working system somewhere. Heck, would it be feesible to get my older Turbo Duo's repaired?

Well, I'll post more pics shortly.

Good Hunting!

Edited by VF1A-FAN

you could also download Magic Engine. it is a emulator for the PC you have to purchase the key so you can unlock all the features but it is worth it. i have been a long time Turbo Grafx and PC Engine fan for years i still have mine after all this time, Macross 2036 is one of my favorite Macross games. and is truly worth the price. i am not to big on Eternal Love Song being a simulation and the fact that i cannot read japanese, but have heard good things about it to.

chris

Mmm, 2036 and DYRL...

BTW, the Saturn(that's NOT a Dreamcast game, as it clearly says on the spine) is finally somewhat decently emulated through SSF, though it requires a fairly good PC to run it.

If you have a P4 over 3GHz or an Athlon 64 over 3000 model #, it should run fairly well.

Personally, I've got a Sempron 3000, and I can run some games full speed but others stutter badly.

http://www7a.biglobe.ne.jp/%7Ephantasy/ssf/files/index.html

You can probably get the Duo fixed, though I don't know who to ask.

Mmm, 2036 and DYRL...

BTW, the Saturn(that's NOT a Dreamcast game, as it clearly says on the spine) is finally somewhat decently emulated through SSF, though it requires a fairly good PC to run it.

OOPS! You're right! I was just thinking about My Gundam Games on Dreamcast. I can still play this game on my Sega Saturn.

143nwup.jpg

143nyaq.jpg

143nym8.jpg

143nytf.jpg

143nz1k.jpg

143nz8h.jpg

143nzg7.jpg

Edited by VF1A-FAN

Makes me wish that I have both a universal Turbo Duo and a universal Sega Saturn..

Since I already have a Dreamcast and a DC-X that I bought one December 2002 day, now all I need is a copy of Macross M3 and then I'm all set.

:D

407127[/snapback]

I was able to play both PC Engine games on my American Turbo Duo. I used an adapter for the Sega Saturn game.

Makes me wish that I have both a universal Turbo Duo and a universal Sega Saturn..

Since I already have a Dreamcast and a DC-X that I bought one December 2002 day, now all I need is a copy of Macross M3 and then I'm all set.

:D

407127[/snapback]

I was able to play both PC Engine games on my American Turbo Duo. I used an adapter for the Sega Saturn game.

407206[/snapback]

No kidding, huh. B))

yes the Turbo Grafx and Turbo Duo will play import CD games without a adaptor, it cannot however play import Hu-cards.

chris

i heard it will play all pc engine cd games, if you put them in the Wii Disc Drive however i also heard you can download them from the Nintendo website if that is the case you may not be able to play this one. with all games even from systems not being made anymore certain titles that are part of franchises need permission due to copyrights. nintendo usually cracks down on illegal bootlegging and downloading of there own flagship titles . so for nintendo to just put up games like Megaman, Castlevania as well as Dragonball and Macross on there system may look alittle bit hypicritical. So for many of the big titles from certain companies or frachises nintendo may try to get permission first from the companies like Konami, Capcom, and so forth before you see any of their games. so they may have to get permission from Masaya and Big West before we see this game and there is no garentee.

chris

What are the chances the Nintendo Wii will play Japanese PC Engine cd games?

407362[/snapback]

Pretty good. Most PCEngine titles worth having never made it to America, so I can't really see that side of the Virtual Console taking off without new localization efforts.

i heard it will play all pc engine cd games, if you put them in the Wii Disc Drive

I haven't seen anything even remotely credible making the claim you can use original media for anything other than GameCube.

however i also heard you can download them from the Nintendo website

Sort of. Think XBox Live Arcade.

with all games even from systems not being made anymore certain titles that are part of franchises need permission due to copyrights.

Copyright protection applies to everything, not just major franchises.

nintendo usually cracks down on illegal bootlegging and downloading of there own flagship titles . so for nintendo to just put up games like Megaman, Castlevania as well as Dragonball and Macross on there system may look alittle bit hypicritical.

And would get so many lawsuits dropped on them so fast that hypocrisy would be the least of their concerns(as if they ever cared about it to start with).

So for many of the big titles from certain companies or frachises nintendo may try to get permission first from the companies like Konami, Capcom, and so forth before you see any of their games. so they may have to get permission from Masaya and Big West before we see this game and there is no garentee.

It's all business. And they're getting permission from EVERYONE, not just the biggest labels.

I guarantee that the owners of every game on the Virtual Console service are being paid for it.

As you noted, though, games like the Macross series have more hands in the cookie jar.

If Masaya's license has expired(doesn't Bandai have the Macross game license currently?), or only applied to PCEngine releases, a new agreement would have to be worked out, and it would become too expensive to release when they could do a title with only 1 payout instead.

So, does this PCEngine allow me to download something so I may play these games on my PC? Sorry, I know little about this stuff.

407467[/snapback]

No problem, it's a confusing name.

The PCEngine is a japanese game console that has no personal computerattributes whatsoever, in the generic or IBM PC sense of the term. It was released in the US as the TurboGrafx16.

You CAN download things to play software for the PCEngine(or just about any other console, including machines you've never heard of, some with good reason) on your PC. They're called emulators.

Magic Engine is considered the best PCEngine emu, but it's shareware, with a very short timer until you DO register it.

Thank you for the explanation. I appreciate that. I will definitely research that. I'd love to play some of the older Macross console games on my PC considering I do not have any of those old video game systems.

407641[/snapback]

On other system recommendations...

Try NEStopia for the NES game.

I've heard BSNES is currently the best SNES emulator. That'll cover Scrambled Valkyrie.

Meh. If BSNES doesn't work(takes a heck of a machine. My comp is borderline, I get lots of crackling sound), try ZSNES. It has better sound emulation than SNES9x, the third major SNES emu..

Edited by JB0

Thank you for the explanation. I appreciate that. I will definitely research that. I'd love to play some of the older Macross console games on my PC considering I do not have any of those old video game systems.

407641[/snapback]

On other system recommendations...

Try NEStopia for the NES game.

I've heard BSNES is currently the best SNES emulator. That'll cover Scrambled Valkyrie.

Meh. If BSNES doesn't work(takes a heck of a machine. My comp is borderline, I get lots of crackling sound), try ZSNES. It has better sound emulation than SNES9x, the third major SNES emu..

407660[/snapback]

Cool! I'll give that a shot this weekend!

Check out the system specs for the Nintendo Wii courtesy of Gamestop.com:

CPU IBM Broadway 729MHz

GPU ATI Hollywood

Supported Resolution up to 480p

System Memory Unknown

Wii Controller Ports Wireless (4 minimum)

GameCube Controller Ports 4 Ports

GameCube Memory Expansion 2 Ports

USB 2.0 2 Ports

Internal Storage 512MB Flash Memory

Optical Disc Drive 8cm GameCube/12cm Wii

12cm Disc Capacity 4.7GB (single) / 8.5GB (dual)

Memory Expansion 2 SD Memory

Internet Connectivity WiFi 802.11b/g

Disc Compatibility GameCube

Downloadable Content NES, SNES, N64, Sega Genesis, Turbo Grafx

These games look so cool!!! Where on Earth can I find them in ROM form on the net? I tried planetemu.net, but when I looked for anything on PC engine I drew a blank. Any help/pointers?

407880[/snapback]

A. ROM form means the original carts.

You want ROM images. Except disk games are disk images.

B. Planetemu doesn't have the CD games, which the PCE Macross titles are.

I'm not sure of a reliable place to get them.

These games look so cool!!! Where on Earth can I find them in ROM form on the net? I tried planetemu.net, but when I looked for anything on PC engine I drew a blank. Any help/pointers?

407880[/snapback]

A. ROM form means the original carts.

You want ROM images. Except disk games are disk images.

B. Planetemu doesn't have the CD games, which the PCE Macross titles are.

I'm not sure of a reliable place to get them.

407914[/snapback]

crap!

I'm going to try to get some control pad tomorrow. It's really a must to have.

407951[/snapback]

I recommend Saitek. I use a P880. It's been replaced by the P990, which uses the same d-pad, along with the rest of their product line.

I've heard good things about Thrustmaster's pads, but they feel funny in my hands.

I would love to get those games. I've just been downloading older shmups for a couple of days like there's no tomorrow. :lol:  I'm going to try to get some control pad tomorrow. It's really a must to have.

407951[/snapback]

Ok. I love shmups and have a huge collection of them, but there's still quite a few I need. I'd like to get into playing the emulated ones on my pc, but I don't know crap about emulators or where to get the rom's. Any suggestions?

Also, those Zentraedi and Meltrandi mecha from the manuals to the PCE games look so cool! It's too bad we'll never see kits or toys of them. Same goes for the Valkyries in Macross 2036 and Macross Scrambled Valkyrie. :(

I know nothing if people want selfbooting images of m3 for dreamcast pm me :rolleyes:

I have two saturns, one with magic cart, but to be honest haven't even tried either of them. Heck... I don't even have a controller or power cord for my jaguar. I was into getting every game for a some time but grew tired after a while so don't ask for anything newer than psx1 or dreamcast. Granted, a few folk around here know just how much psx1 and dc stuff I managed to aquire before I got bored :blink: . Heck... hopefully one of them pops their head in and offers up as they copied my entire collection.