Anybody Else Wish...

GutsAndCasca

if you want a blank one... why not just buy the 1/48th Ultimate Detail Valkyrie resin kit. Much much much much much better than anything Yamato puts out. Unless you are the kind of person that likes to "play" with your toys. Then you got other problems.

406196[/snapback]

the not transforming part is kind of a deal breaker don't you think? i mean, the thing thats cool about the VF's is the fact that they are TRANSFORMING planes. if i just wanted a cool plane, i'd get the Falken kit(AC5)and leave it at that. not to take anything from the freshness of the UDV kit but in the end, all you're getting is fighter mode.

planes = pretty cool

robots = really cool

planes + robots = super coolerest!

plus, you'd have to buy 2 other kits(battroid and gerwalk) if you want to enjoy each mode, then another X amount of each so you can have one of each varient,(if you're a completist)not to mention resin is hard to care for, it sags over time, and lets not forget you'd have to paint each mode 3 times...3 times! thats a whole lot of work for even the most skilled modelers on this board and i haven't even gotten to what all the kits would cost.

so that being said, i think i'll stick with the toys and hope yamato decides to produce some cheap blank ones. :D

as far as the cheap shot towards those of us who play with our toys, can you honestly say you never once swooshed a model around after you finished it? if not, you got the same "problem" as us. :p

would you disagree that the Ultimate Detail Valkyrie is a much better representation that Yamato? Or do you have issues with it not transforming? And let's show a little decorum EXO... moderators should know better.

406360[/snapback]

decorum? You're trying to make fun of people that have different taste than you and you asking me for decorum? I've already warned you in detail about your ignorant posts, if you choose to ignore them then I'll choose not to reiterate myself. This thread is about Yamato toys, not some super expensive, hardly available, and dated piece of non transforming resin.

would you disagree that the Ultimate Detail Valkyrie is a much better representation that Yamato? Or do you have issues with it not transforming? And let's show a little decorum EXO... moderators should know better.

406360[/snapback]

decorum? You're trying to make fun of people that have different taste than you and you asking me for decorum? I've already warned you in detail about your ignorant posts, if you choose to ignore them then I'll choose not to reiterate myself. This thread is about Yamato toys, not some super expensive, hardly available, and dated piece of non transforming resin.

406430[/snapback]

I don't even know what the hell the super ultimate thriller wet dream detail valkyrie kit is. I watched Robotech as a kid. Now I'm 26 and I like Macross enough to spend money on nice transforming Yamato valks. I even like them enough to customize them, and as much as I like battroid mode, I don't want something that just stays that way unless it's one of my super poseables, which I'm assuming cost significantly less than the ultra dynamic ceramic detail dream boat blow me resin kit.

Just felt like being sarcastic there. No offense intended. :lol:

Not really anyway. And maybe I became a nerd this year when I fell in love with Macross all over again, but my wife still loves me, and still looks good and hasn't started gaining weight over my anime tragedy. So ha.

And I forgot to add, I still look damn good too, damnit. ;)

Edited by GutsAndCasca

406360[/snapback]

406430[/snapback]

Exo... not sure why you are getting so mad at me for this. Are you thinking that my "you got other problems" line was too offensive? Didn't mean it to be. I'm sorry if it came off that way. I think you might be a little thin skinned if you were offended by that, but once again... if I offended you, I'm sorry. Also, I'm not sure what other threads you warned me about. Regardless, I think that both Shawn and Graham would agree that my behavior on these boards has been exemplary... or at minimum, much nicer than you have been on occassion.

I don't know what you people are talking about. I think EXO's comments are always funny and pretty much right on the mark. The fact that he's a moderator I'm assuming is a tribute to Shawn and Graham's sense's of humor.

Another thing I'd like to add that I didn't put in before, is that when it comes to customizing a 1/48 and putting a lot of time and effort into it, it ceases to be a toy. You can't "play" with it after you've spent hours trying to make it look perfect - the decals and details will get messed up. Even just transforming them requires a LOT of time and care.

There's my 2 cents.

Ahhh crap..... another cool thread getting torpedoed  :unsure: .

406510[/snapback]

Okay on a lighter note... if we all banded together and bombarded Yamato with emails and nagged them all at once; maybe they'd listen. The employees who can read mails from guys like me who don't speak Japanese anyway. I'll just end whatever I write with "Oyasumi." (Did I spell that right?)

406510[/snapback]

Okay on a lighter note... if we all banded together and bombarded Yamato with emails and nagged them all at once; maybe they'd listen. The employees who can read mails from guys like me who don't speak Japanese anyway. I'll just end whatever I write with "Oyasumi." (Did I spell that right?)

406512[/snapback]

Set a time, date and e-mail addres, and I'm with you. I imagine if they got 50-100 all at once, it would get someone's attention.

406510[/snapback]

406512[/snapback]

Set a time, date and e-mail addres, and I'm with you. I imagine if they got 50-100 all at once, it would get someone's attention.

406521[/snapback]

*laughing* You get me the email address we need to hit up, and I'll do everything I can to organize a mass mailing. Just like Michael Jackson, we can heal the world, and make it a better place, for you and ....

406360[/snapback]

406430[/snapback]

Exo... not sure why you are getting so mad at me for this. Are you thinking that my "you got other problems" line was too offensive? Didn't mean it to be. I'm sorry if it came off that way. I think you might be a little thin skinned if you were offended by that, but once again... if I offended you, I'm sorry. Also, I'm not sure what other threads you warned me about. Regardless, I think that both Shawn and Graham would agree that my behavior on these boards has been exemplary... or at minimum, much nicer than you have been on occassion.

406460[/snapback]

I dont understand why you presume that I'm mad because of my post. Annoyed maybe. You choose to see yourself as an elitist because you build models an not collect toys. You force the issue and now that you have someone that is answering to it, you seemed surprised. It's not like there's no skill involved in customizing toys. A lot of the toy collectors out there have mad skills when it comes to customs. Is it the cost? While some people buy ONE Ultimate Detail Valkyrie kit, most toy customizers buy multiples of these $150 toys to change the schemes. So let me know how you think model building is the preferable way to go. Since you seem to want to force the issue, lets just hear it out completely. Is it the fact that people choose to play with their toys? I think the fact that people play with their toys is not as half as insane as some people that collect models and never build most of them. I'm not saying collecting toys are better, in fact if Hasegawa would sell valks in a bigger scale I would get them. I just can't believe that your trying to make fun of people who have hobbies that is as dorky as your own. Great job... you have the biggest front wheel in a playground full of big wheels.

Oh yeah... forward me that PM where Shawn and Graham agrees about how exemplary you are. Thanks.

Well said LTSO, who the hell keeps promoting these people to mods and admins anyway, I mean Fulcy is a mod?? are you kidding?

406478[/snapback]

I love you too Grayson :p

Though, I´m kinda confused - you model guys get all pissy when a toy guy says word one in a model thread. Then, when one of you model guys come into a toy thread, and say something about a model, and get flak, you guys get offended? Kinda a double standard there, eh?

Edited by fulcy

I dont understand why you presume that I'm mad because of my post.  Annoyed maybe. 

Perhaps because you told me to shut the F up.

You choose to see yourself as an elitist because you build models an not collect toys.

Not sure where you got that, but you are entitled to your opinion.

It's not like there's no skill involved in customizing toys.

Once again... point out where I disagreed with that issue?

I just can't believe that your trying to make fun of people who have hobbies that is as dorky as your own.  Great job... you have the biggest front wheel in a playground full of big wheels.

You've lost it, my friend. Read my sig line... it's been the same for months. We are all nerds. Nerds Nerds Nerds. And frankly I'm proud of it. I do tease about toys vs. models, but I NEVER NEVER NEVER meant it maliciously... just gentle teasing. If I offended, once again I'm sorry.

And about Shawn and Graham... c'mon are you kidding me? Tally up all your posts and mine and tell me for a fact that some things you've said have not been much more controversial or antogonizing than mine.

EXO... I'm done with you. I'll stay out of your threads.

hey look, its Tootie from the Facts of Life! :huh: where? exactly! :lol:

anyway, how about that mass mailing, i'm totally down. i'll make sure even my non-macross friends send in the word. 10,000 emails for the next 7 days would get their attention for sure. though its not likely to work, i'll continue to rub my magic lamp nonetheless. :p

So on what day are we doing the mass mailing and what exactly is it going to say?

I like the idea of three heads : 1j 1s 1a

Color of the valk: plain white?

Simple plain box : small in size to save on cost and shipping.

Accessories: Just the gun? missiles? customizable Fast Packs?

Who's gonna write this?

In Japanese or can it go in English?

Will we just cut and paste it from here and then send it off to them?

So on what day are we  doing the mass mailing and what exactly is it going to say?

I like the idea of three heads : 1j 1s 1a

Color of the valk: plain white?

Simple plain box : small in size to save on cost and shipping.

Accessories: Just the gun? missiles? customizable Fast Packs?

Who's gonna write this?

In Japanese or can it go in English?

Will we just cut and paste it from here and then send it off to them?

406688[/snapback]

Nice questions. I say, we recommend simple small boxes, with three heads, completely plain white, with a gunpod. I'm not sure what they'd say to the extra accessories, but I'd suggest they sell those separately to make more money offa'us. (We need to make sure we take the stance of humble beggars who feed off of Yamato and are trying to get them to open up a soup kitchen that isn't free.)

English... Japanese... I'm going to assume that somebody answering mails there speaks both, so I wouldn't worry. I'm almost tempted to PM Graham again and see what he has to say. By the way, who exactly can tell us what email address we need to bombard?

Count me in for the mass mailing ;)

I think we should make it in Japanese. It's a very polite way of asking something and it shows we care. Why? Because at least we make the effort to use the language of the people we are trying to contact.

We should definetaly see if we can band together on this effort... one of us should PM Graham and direct him to this thread and see what he says about getting in contact wtih Yamato... I think this is a fantastic idea, and if Graham can slip it to Yamato with a comment of "oh and, by the way, I've got about a zillion MWers foaming at the mouth all of a sudden over this idea..." then maybe we can make some headway.

I remember a long time ago Graham asked Yamato about selling 1/60 VF-1's unassembled and unpainted, but Yamato said they couldn't because it's looking less like a toy and more like a model, in which they would need to pay for a model license from BW. An unpainted 1/48 may not be in compliance with their existing toy license.

I remember a long time ago Graham asked Yamato about selling 1/60 VF-1's unassembled and unpainted, but Yamato said they couldn't because it's looking less like a toy and more like a model, in which they would need to pay for a model license from BW.  An unpainted 1/48 may not be in compliance with their existing toy license.

407881[/snapback]

Crap. That's not good news.

you know, they could market it as the LV3...

407917[/snapback]

If they do that they'll call it a Limited Edition and the price will shoot up.

I want them to keep making these not restrict the production. They can call it

something else... Vf-1 Customizable (sp) - now with Less paint and More heads.

you know, they could market it as the LV3...

407917[/snapback]

If they do that they'll call it a Limited Edition and the price will shoot up.

I want them to keep making these not restrict the production. They can call it

something else... Vf-1 Customizable (sp) - now with Less paint and More heads.

407919[/snapback]

*laughing* that was just awesome.

haha, when i said LV, i meant Low Viz, not Limited Version.

BTW, anyone else think that 'limited version' just sounds retarded?  it should be called 'limited edition'....and no, i don't care what its says on the box.  :p

407947[/snapback]

You have a point. But edition sounds more like you're talking about a book rather than a huge military vehicle that flies around and turns into different stuff and leaches money from people. :D

• 4 months later...