How Many Do You Own?

Vermillion21

Before members start yelling at me, I know I saw a thread weeks (months?) ago asking people to list how many valkyries they own, but I couldn't find it in the forum search to continue the thread. So I started a new one.

I am a big Macross fan, but it is difficult to justify to the wife getting more valkyries. She says "they look the same, just with a different style head and paint scheme". Sigh. A shame, since I only just recently, finally, got a 1/48 Yamato and love it!! Need to get more ....

Q) How many valkyries do you own? Please list.

I have:

2x 1/48 Yamatos

4x 1/55 Bandai reissues

2x 1/55 Toynami MPC (with regret)

Maybe if enough of you post, I can prove that I am just a "rookie" amateur collector ....

:D:D:D

Edited by Vermillion21

why does some fool always want me to count my jetfires??? :blink:

as long as the wife thinks all 40+ 1/55's are the same one I keep messing with she doesn't notice the additional numbers.

that and I am too lazy to count :rolleyes:

hey!!!! I'm beating godzilla at something on his list :rolleyes: .

and no... not the 1/48 by a long shot :blink:

Edited by kanata67

Go here: How many do you own and here: Official valk count.

As for me: look at my siggy. It says it all.  But not count yet since I dont have the VF-0s (coming friday) and the 2 Vf-1S Hikarus.  Also on preorder is 12 stealths FPs and 8 LV 2s.

401536[/snapback]

Thanks for the reference to the other thread Godzilla.

And holy crap you have a lotta valks!!

:(:(:(

12 stealths and 8 LV 2s, you have got to be kidding, right?

:blink:

Aren't both of those threads for Yamato toys only? That's why I never posted. I have plenty of Takatoku/Matsushiro/Bandai Valkyries, but not Yamatos.

401587[/snapback]

Ginrai - Well, feel free to post your Bandai #'s on this thread ...

:)

401517[/snapback]

Are Toynami MPC really that bad? I've always wondered if i sould at least get one... :unsure:

I own 56... Is that sick? Nah :lol:

Updated totals!

Edited by vlenhoff

Are Toynami MPC really that bad? I've always wondered if i sould at least get one... :unsure: 

They're pretty bad, although I did pick up the YF-1R just to have a black VF-1. Of course, Yamato ends up releasing one a few years later in a bigger size, no less...

Just started my collection... so just a few compared to you guys!

Bandai Reissues

VF-1S + FAST pack

VF-1A

Owned an old Takatoku VF-1S for 20 years (Highly damaged, but still standing ;-)

Yamato 1/60

VF-1S

VF-1A (Blue and Red)

May be I will be tempted with an 1/48 one day...

dammit... make me go look...

most of my breakdown is in the 1/55 revisited thread but here is a recap...

1 1/48 with f/p and gbp + a stealth f/p on the way, yammie

2 hcms

4 jm's

5 1/100

8 mpc's

3 19a yammie

2 21 yammie

2 11b f/p yammie

1 11b yammie

5 boxed jetfires

3 boxed strike

1 chinese super

1 each 1/65 19 and 17

29 non f/p 1/55's safely boxed

1 gbp in styro only

2 1/55 in styro only

17+ loose 1/55's

and I still need A few more 1/55's to have them all :blink:

I am sure I missed a few along the way as I am not willing to go through my tupperware at the moment or clean my "office"

Just started my collection... so just a few compared to you guys!

Bandai Reissues

VF-1S + FAST pack

VF-1A

Owned an old Takatoku VF-1S for 20 years (Highly damaged, but still standing ;-) 

Yamato  1/60

VF-1S

VF-1A (Blue and Red)

May be I will be tempted with an 1/48 one day...

401841[/snapback]

Get a 1/48 Yamato mate - trust me, you will NOT be disappointed. I hesitated for a loooonnnng time because of their price point, and I was very happy with the 1/55 Bandai re-issues.

But I finally gave into temptation this month ... man, why did I wait so long? The 1/48 Yamato Valks are a thing of beauty!!

:D:D:D

401517[/snapback]

I own 55... Is that sick? Nah :lol:

401816[/snapback]

Yes, regretfully they are. Now that I have "seen the light" I know better. Compared to the 1/48 Yamatos they just don't hold a candle (or a gunpod for that matter). Nice packaging though ... gotta give Toynami that!!

:lol::lol::lol:

The sad thing is, a lot of Robotech fans who love the mecha are not informed/aware of the 1/48 Yamatos (like I was for awhile), because you can't mention them on the Robotech site forums. It's against their "terms of use", because Toynami gets annoyed when you mention anything other than the MPC.

<_<

They're pretty bad, although I did pick up the YF-1R just to have a black VF-1. Of course, Yamato ends up releasing one a few years later in a bigger size, no less...

Um, the YF-1R isn't black, it's an odd brown color. Are you saying you bought one to paint it black?

The MPCs are just over-sized Bandai HCMs with a few minor tweaks (for the better) and a knee that swivels outward. Nothing special but not entirely lame.

I'm always itching to get one, but I guess I'll pass. Thanks guys. I don't know why when you don't have something it appears extra appealing.

BTW, I also though the YF-1R was some sort off purpleish/brown color....

I wonder what is the deal with Yamato releasing limited valks instead of releasing the 1A TV series for Max and Kakizaki. I personally thing they would bank on a 1D, but that's just my opinion.

I wonder what is the deal with Yamato releasing limited valks instead of releasing the 1A TV series for Max and Kakizaki. I personally thing they would bank on a 1D, but that's just my opinion.

401919[/snapback]

... or some 1/48 enemy mecha! man, i'd lose my mind if i could get a 1/48 glaug. or heck, i'd take a regult too. i'm not picky.

hrm, the more i think about it... i'd have to find my mind before i could lose it again. :rolleyes:

Okay then! I own a bunch of Jetfires in various states of repair.

1 Hasbro 1986 Photoshoot Jetfire (with signed letter from Hasbro's art director on Hasbro letterhead confirming authenticity)

1 Takatoku VF-1S Super Valkyrie

1 Takatoku VF-1J Miria (has seen better days)

1 Matsushiro VF-1J

1 Bandai VF-1S Strike Valkyrie

1 Bandai 1990 VF-1S Super Valkyrie

1 Bandai 2002 (right year?) VF-1S Super Valkyrie

1 Bandai 2002 VF-1A Hikaru

I have other stuff, too.

Two Matchbox hideuos bloated Super Valkyries, one Exo-Squad Super Valkyrie, one Toynami Masterpiece VF-1J Hikaru, all four of the Convertors Select/Mark SD Valkyries, all three of the Convertors Select/Mark regular Valkyries (that's Roy, red kinda Miria-looking one, and black Super Valkyrie), all of the individually packaged Toynami regular SD Valkyries plus the SD Super Valkyrie (I refused to buy the box so I don't have Hayao), Toynami Super Poseable VF-1S Strike Valkyrie Hikaru

I have other non-Valkyrie stuff. Two Exo-Squad Glaugs, an Exo-Squad Gurab (or Grab or Glove or whatever translation you prefer), Toynami Superposeable metallic blue Legioss and metallic Dark Legioss, Exo-Squad Spartas Hovertank, Matchbox Roy, Hikaru, Misa, HG Minmay, Matchbox Jeanne, HG Jeanne, Matchbox Zor Lord/Robotech Master/whatever, a bunch of Exo-Squad Destroids, one Matchbox and one Exo-Squad Nousjadel-Ger, a cheesy Transformers Jetfire pin, a goofy glass carnival prize with Jetfire on it, all of the different modern Jetfires toys except that damn Robot Masters R-Blade thing I still need to buy, random stuff I can't think of, and a partridge in a pear tree.

Edited by Ginrai

Okay then! I own a bunch of Jetfires in various states of repair.

1 Hasbro 1986 Photoshoot Jetfire (with signed letter from Hasbro's art director on Hasbro letterhead confirming authenticity)

1 Takatoku VF-1S Super Valkyrie

1 Takatoku VF-1J Miria (has seen better days)

1 Matsushiro VF-1J

1 Bandai VF-1S Strike Valkyrie

1 Bandai 1990 VF-1S Super Valkyrie

1 Bandai 2002 (right year?) VF-1S Super Valkyrie

1 Bandai 2002 VF-1A Hikaru

I have other stuff, too.

Two Matchbox hideuos bloated Super Valkyries, one Exo-Squad Super Valkyrie, one Toynami Masterpiece VF-1J Hikaru, all four of the Convertors Select/Mark SD Valkyries, all three of the Convertors Select/Mark regular Valkyries (that's Roy, red kinda Miria-looking one, and black Super Valkyrie), all of the individually packaged Toynami regular SD Valkyries plus the SD Super Valkyrie (I refused to buy the box so I don't have Hayao), Toynami Super Poseable VF-1S Strike Valkyrie Hikaru

I have other non-Valkyrie stuff. Two Exo-Squad Glaugs, an Exo-Squad Gurab (or Grab or Glove or whatever translation you prefer), Toynami Superposeable metallic blue Legioss and metallic Dark Legioss, Exo-Squad Spartas Hovertank, Matchbox Roy, Hikaru, Misa, HG Minmay, Matchbox Jeanne, HG Jeanne, Matchbox Zor Lord/Robotech Master/whatever, a bunch of Exo-Squad Destroids, one Matchbox and one Exo-Squad Nousjadel-Ger, a cheesy Transformers Jetfire pin, a goofy glass carnival prize with Jetfire on it, all of the different modern Jetfires toys except that damn Robot Masters R-Blade thing I still need to buy, random stuff I can't think of, and a partridge in a pear tree.

401968[/snapback]

Ginrai - Sounds like you are a fellow Robotech fan! Cool!

I guess it's a good time to update what I gots:

1/55 Series

1 Takatoku GBP-1S Giftset

5 VF-1S Strike Valkyries boxed

1 1990 Reissue Super VF-1S

4 Reissue Super VF-1S boxed

1 Reissue VF-1J Hikaru boxed

1 Reissue VF-1J Max boxed

1 Reissue VF-1J Miriya boxed

1 Reissue VF-1A CF boxed

1 Reissue VF-1A DRYL Hikaru boxed

2 Boxed Matsushiro jetfires and 3 loose complete jetfires

1/60 Series

2 VF-1S Roy

1 VF-1A Max

1 VF-1A Hikaru

1 Elintseeker

1 Super Ostrich

1 VF-0S

1 Q-Rau Max

1 Q-Rau Miriya

1/65 Series

Macross 7 Bandai:

1 VF-19 fire valk boxed

2 VF-19s boxed

2 VF-17d boxed

1 VF-17s boxed

1 VF-17s reissue boxed

1 VF-19s special edition chrome plated boxed

1/72 Series

1 YF-19 boxed 1st edition

1 VF-19a boxed

1 YF-21 boxed

1 VF-11b boxed

1 VF-11b w/fastpacks boxed

1/48 Series

1 VF-1S Roy 1st release

1 VF-1J Hikaru

1 VF-1A CF

2 VF-1S Hikaru

1 VF-1J Super/Strike Stealth Valk

4 Super/Strike Armor set

2 GBP Armor set

1/100 Series

1 VB-6 KÖENIG MONSTER

Joke Machine Series

22 Total JM's (I forgot how many of each I have)

includes:

VF-1S

VF-1J Max

VF-1J Miriya

VF-1A Max

VF-1A Hikaru

1/144 Series

All four of the destroids x 2

Four in the takatoku box, the rest are matchbox releases

1 VF-1J in takatoku box

1/3000?

2 Matchbox SDF-1 boxed

2 Matchbox SDF-1 Loose

Robotech MPC's

1 VF-1J Rick

1 VF-1A Ben

1 VF-1S Roy

1 YF-1R Jack

As for me: look at my siggy. It says it all.  But not count yet since I dont have the VF-0s (coming friday) and the 2 Vf-1S Hikarus.  Also on preorder is 12 stealths FPs and 8 LV 2s.

401536[/snapback]

401569[/snapback]

Why do you think I am called Godzilla? :lol: Well I didnt add my MPC count nor my Mospeada since this is a Macross Forum. I am seriously thinking of selling my MPCs Vf-1. I didnt get the YF-1R b/c I thought it was fugly.

why does some fool always want me to count my jetfires??? :blink:

as long as the wife thinks all 40+ 1/55's are the same one I keep messing with she doesn't notice the additional numbers.

that and I am too lazy to count :rolleyes:

hey!!!! I'm beating godzilla at something on his list :rolleyes: .

and no... not the 1/48 by a long shot :blink:

401567[/snapback]

DUH! Yes you are beating me in Bandai 1/55. Gee, where does my money go to? :rolleyes: Oh yeah, I forgot to add the 1/55 Jetfire on my list.

401536[/snapback]

401569[/snapback]

Why do you think I am called Godzilla? :lol: Well I didnt add my MPC count nor my Mospeada since this is a Macross Forum. I am seriously thinking of selling my MPCs Vf-1. I didnt get the YF-1R b/c I thought it was fugly.

402309[/snapback]

You got Mospeada stuff too?!?!

<_<

Now I am REALLY jealous!!! Frack! All I have are 2 Toynami MPC Alphas. I dream of one day owning a Gakken 1/35 Alpha ... but their price point on eBay is friggin expensive!!!

401536[/snapback]

401569[/snapback]

402309[/snapback]

You got Mospeada stuff too?!?!

<_<

Now I am REALLY jealous!!! Frack! All I have are 2 Toynami MPC Alphas. I dream of one day owning a Gakken 1/35 Alpha ... but their price point on eBay is friggin expensive!!!

402422[/snapback]

Not to get to far off topic but Vermillion what is your opinion on the MPC Alpha's? I have heard good and bad thigns about them. I would really love to have a Rook Alpha. But they usually go for around $70 on Ebay.

Ginrai - Sounds like you are a fellow Robotech fan!  Cool!

402052[/snapback]

I'm a slurm. I like EVERYTHING. I don't care if it's Robotech, Macross, Transformers... whatever. As long as it's got something to do with a Valkyrie or anything like that.