Super Smash Brothers Brawl

hi, this thread is for everything about the latest installment of th smash brothers franchise.

to satrt things up here is a direct link for the teaser:

http://streamingmovies.ign.com/revolution/..._wmvlowwide.wmv

what shocked me about this video is the inclusion of solid snake, who has the honor of being the fist third-party chararcter ever inlcuded in the franchise. Also there is a possibility that he won't be the only third-party newcomer.

what i would like to do is if you were to choose up to five characters to be included from companies that released significant titles for any nintendo consoles, who would you choose?

as for me my options would be:

1.- Sonic, since he was long ago Mario's rival during the 90's console wars between nintendo and sega.

2.- Pac-man, for good old times sake

3.- Megaman: he first saw light in the good old NES.

4.- Ryu Hayabusa: originally born in the arcades his finest hour was in the NES.

5.- even tough he wasn't in any nintendo console i wolud choose Cloud Strife as Final Fantasy's ambassador of good will.

what do you guys have to say?

*edited for grammar

Edited by striderhiryu

i am really glad Kid Icarus is finally getting a chance. i do not have 5 as of yet but i would like to see

Simon Belmont

Megaman

Ganon gotta have at least one Zelda villian.

chris

Edited by zeo-mare

Something i would really love to see pac-man do is to have a special attack in wich he could devoure his opponents leaving only the eyes like in the original arcade game.

Also if capcom were to include some characters i hope they don't bring the entire street fighter lineup as they did in marvel vs capcom, where i should have been limited only to Ryu.

Mmmm... Simon Belmont would be a good one, as long as he does not look like the last main characters that appeared in recent castlevanias.

How abothe ducks from duck hunt taking it on the dog that picks up their corpses?

ganon was in ssb melee wasnt he? i would choose sonic, maybe add tails, and if theyre gonna use obscure characters like the ice climbers i think ristar would make a good addition, and how about vectorman? also i think the previously mentioned like megaman and ryu

oh and i tihnk if they made something like a tetris board itd be pretty nifty, youd be fighting on a tetris board and blocks would randomly come down and change the board, you get hit by a block coming in you get injured

Should have used Naked Snake/Big Boss. Better grapple moves and he uses a knife... Of course my wife brought up the subject that she would be horrified at seeing Kirby having his throat slit. :lol:

-Ralph Jones or Clark Steel from Ikari Warriors/KOF, representing SNK

-Tifa, Vincent, or Sephiroth to represent Square. Or Cecil, Kain, Terra, Sabin, Celes, or General Leo.

-Pure and Cure (is that their names? old capcom mascot girl and some animal, were strikers in MvC1), Ryu, Chu-li, Jill Valentine, or the girl from Alien Vs Predator to represent Capcom. Megaman can eat poop and die, he's been whored to death already. At least use Zero if it's gotta be a megaman character.

-Pyramid Head, Crocodile-helmet Big Boss, or Big Boss Monkey from the MGS3 catch the monkeys bonus game, for Konami.

Same here, Snake is 100% awesome, but I really want to see Sonic and a Belmont or two (or even Alucard!).... I find it hard to believe that they've been shafted for this long...

And I am all for the slitting of Kirby's throat... think of how histarical it'd be the first time when your opponent doesn't see it comming :lol:

Should have used Naked Snake/Big Boss.  Better grapple moves and he uses a knife... Of course my wife brought up the subject that she would be horrified at seeing Kirby having his throat slit. :lol:

What throat?! :blink:

Deja vu!

Also if capcom were to include some characters i hope they don't bring the entire street fighter lineup as they did in marvel vs capcom, where i should have been limited only to Ryu.

Most of Street Fighter DIDN'T make it in.

Ryu, ChunLi, and Zangeif was it.

And Ryu was largely duplicated by Morrigan, so he was arguably the discardable one.

You're thinking of Marvel VS Capcom 2, AKA "F'ing Everyone VS F'ing Everything." When you have over 50 selectable characters, things are way beyond out of hand.

Let's see...

I'd add...

Sonic. This is a given. We've waited over a decade for Mario VS Sonic, and we still thirst for blood. If they didn't sign a deal with Sega this time, they damn well better for the next one.

BB Hood. Darkstalkers fits the Smash Brothers feel way better than standard Street Fighter, and BB just seems... right, somehow.

Zero. Megaman X-style, not this MMZero crap they pulled with SNK VS Capcom.

Megaman X. Because his costar likely can't get in without him. Please no naked X. 4th armor is quite decent for a base(especially as it's become the "standard" look of armored X). An optional form or 2 would be nice, though.

The chick off PN03. I don't care WHAT they do with PN03, as long as they're still DOING SOMETHING with it.

Captain Commando! C'mon, we've already got those other Capcom characters, we may as well get their former mascot in here too.

Stahn. I <3 Tales of Destiny. Let's get a spiky-haired RPG blonde that can actually FIGHT. Tales is already a rather active RPG series, and ToD, aside from being my favorite, has a mode where it controls like a fighter anyways.

Rutee. See above. Minus the hair.

SINISTAR! ... Okay, maybe not.

WORMS! Seriously, how can you NOT want an annelid with a bazooka?

Ryu Hayabusa(AKA the Ninja Gaiden guy, NOT the Street Fighter fireball whore). No chance in hell of getting him, but it'd be so awesome.

Lenneth. Valkyrie Profile. Kthx.

I think this is a good list, if a tad heavy on Capcom. Might be getting a tad large, in which case I strike X and Zero.

I don't know who i'd want in there....but damn.....Samus Zero Suit is HOOTTTT!!!

Was there any other game that depicted Samus without her armour?

Mog (heh!) would be cool, but we gotta show the Chocobos some love too!!

Some other ideas:

Toad or Magus from Chrono Trigger: always liked Toad's backstory and his theme music, while Magus has the whole powerful-magic-skills-packing-a-scyth thing going for him.

Little Mac or Mr. Sandman from the original NES Punch Out!: Just for the pure nostalgia factor. (I still have trouble dodging Sandman's damn triple uppercuts!!)

Earthworm Jim: I can just see the character fitting this type of game perfectly.

And...............Video Game Bo Jackson from Tecmo Super Bowl: Kirby meet thy equalizer.

Lastly, I think any Konami characters added to the game should have a secret attack using the following button combo: Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start.

wolfx: You could play as Samus without her armor in the original Metroid, and you would briefly see Samus without her armor if you collected a high enough percentage of the power-ups in Super Metroid.

I don't know who i'd want in there....but damn.....Samus Zero Suit is HOOTTTT!!!

Was there any other game that depicted Samus without her armour?

400939[/snapback]

Endings and game over sequences excepted?

Metroid 1, US version only.

Was a reward for beating the game, hypothetically. JUSTIN BAILEY kind of killed that, though.

Metroid: Zero Mission. After the escape from Tourian, Samus' ship gets shot down, she loses her armor, and you're dropped into a stealth sequence that has been dubbed "Metal Gear Samus" by some players.

Little Mac or Mr. Sandman from the original NES Punch Out!:  Just for the pure nostalgia factor. (I still have trouble dodging Sandman's damn triple uppercuts!!)

Why didn't I think of that?

For that matter, why hasn't Nintendo?

And...............Video Game Bo Jackson from Tecmo Super Bowl:  Kirby meet thy equalizer.

I remember him. Or at least, remember him having 2-in-1 video games.

"Bo knows baseball. Bo knows football. Bo knows both."

Lastly, I think any Konami characters added to the game should have a secret attack using the following button combo:  Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start.

Definitely.

wolfx:  You could play as Samus without her armor in the original Metroid, and you would briefly see Samus without her armor if you collected a high enough percentage of the power-ups in Super Metroid.

400940[/snapback]

The conditions for all instances...

Metroid ending: Beat game in less than 3 hours. Less than one hour for a bikini-clad Samus.

Metroid play: Beat the game, then press start at the end of the credits. Only in US version.

Metroid 2 ending: Beat the game in under 3 hours.

Super Metroid ending: Beat the game in under 3 hours. Item percentage, contrary to popular belief, affects nothing.

Super Metroid game over: Die.

Metroid Fusion ending: Beat game in under 2 hours and/or get 100%. MUCH more complicated in the japanese version, which has many features added after the english release(for some bizarre reason, the fact that Japan doesn't LIKE Metroid means they got a much better version of Fusion).

Metroid Fusion game over: Die.

Metroid: Zero Mission ending: Beat game in under 2 hours and/or with 100% items on normal or hard mode.

Metroid: Zero Mission game over: Die.

Metroid: Zero Mission gameplay: Beat Mother Brain, escape Tourian. Run around suitless and hopelessly outgunned until you find a new suit.

Metroid Prime 2 ending: Get 75% or more of all logbook scans.

Add Captian N the Game master and his dog duke as one unlockable chars.

OH YEAH!

Has the hero of dragon slayer (cant remember the game, 2d platform think you slay the dragon) been in ssb?

401049[/snapback]

Given as of yet they haven't released a game with non-Nintendo characters... no.

wow, i'm writting down all your options to at least include them as CAWs in a WWE game i have...

well, back on topic i would like to see cranky kong, after all he is the original DK, and also toad and the hammer bros.

as for konami how about one of the two main charactes from contra, goemon, heck even vic viper.

from capcom zero, the one from the X series since the GBA one looks like a girl, also arthur from ghosts and goblins in his underware and my personal favourite strider hiryu, remember that back in his best time every console wanted a piece of him, just look how many ports were made of that particular game.

Wow...lots of Samus fanboys here. XD

Thanks for the info. ;)

I never seen much of Metroid games around here asia parts, so the lesser popularity of Metroid in Japan may be true.

Add Captian N the Game master and his dog duke as one unlockable chars.

OH YEAH!

Has the hero of dragon slayer (cant remember the game, 2d platform think you slay the dragon) been in ssb?

401049[/snapback]

Given as of yet they haven't released a game with non-Nintendo characters... no.

401089[/snapback]

Got the name wrong, I remember playing it on nes just can't remember the name.

Also would like to see the main char from the Guardian legend in ssb.