Most Ridiculous Amount Of Money You Have Spent

The year is 1998, and I spent $90 on a Space Battleship Yamato model, only to have it thrown away by my wife two months after I bought it (NRFB). We divorced in 2000, then remarried in 2003. We are now in the process of our second divorce and she threw away the second Yamato model (One of my few items which survived the tornadoes which came through Gallatin last month) I bought on eBay in 2004 for $190. The moral of this story: Leave those damn Macon County girls alone :angry:

I think I should lock this thread and then use all the info everyone has posted to blackmail you all.

Graham

397961[/snapback]

:lol: threatening to send letters to wives/girlfriends/bankruptcy court on where the money really is going? :ph34r:

on a single piece..no more than $5...try and blackmail me with that Graham!  :p

399306[/snapback]

So that Low-Vis that you model your hands with was only five bucks? Man you gotta share the deal with us! :p

The year is 1998, and I spent $90 on a Space Battleship Yamato model, only to have it thrown away by my wife two months after I bought it (NRFB). We divorced in 2000, then remarried in 2003. We are now in the process of our second divorce and she threw away the second Yamato model (One of my few items which survived the tornadoes which came through Gallatin last month) I bought on eBay in 2004 for $190. The moral of this story: Leave those damn Macon County girls alone :angry:

399316[/snapback]

Or put a Space Battleship Yamato clause in your prenupts. Both of them.

Probably any of Yamato 1/48. Most I've went was $130, though (2 Low-viz and a Hikaru 1S is all so far).

I really like the looks of the VF-0S but $160 is kinda steep. I'm hoping I'll see these for $130-140 at Frank & Sons.

• 4 weeks later...

Wow! #14

what about 1-13?

either way thats cool.

:edit: Please don't quote an image when you're replying immediately after it, especially ones that take up the entire screen.

Edited by David Hingtgen

I just sent the payment for a Blade Runner Rick Deckard blaster prop replica (445 U$S plus shipping). I could have it for less, but I had to hit the Buy It Now button. Those auctions kill my nerves.

I know it's not quite anime-related, but it's by far the biggest amount of money I have spent on a single product in the geeks department.

Can't wait to have it in my hands :)

The most ridiculous amount of money I spent was probably $130 for my Yamato 1/72 YF-19 when it first came out. Yeah, that was a ridiculous price to pay, especially when HLJ had it for $85 (including shipping to the U.S.). Worse was that the douchebag in Hong Kong shipped my YF-19 in a gift wrap and not in a parcel box. At least the toy itself was intact.

I just sent the payment for a Blade Runner Rick Deckard blaster prop replica (445 U$S plus shipping). I could have it for less, but I had to hit the Buy It Now button. Those auctions kill my nerves.

I know it's not quite anime-related, but it's by far the biggest amount of money I have spent on a single product in the geeks department.

Can't wait to have it in my hands :)

407458[/snapback]

That's why it says science fiction items in the thread title my friend :)

There was a BR thread awhile back, is your replica one of the ones posted?

That's why it says science fiction items in the thread title my friend

There was a BR thread awhile back, is your replica one of the ones posted?

Oh, I didn't realize, thanks :p

Yeah. I learned about this prop on that thread. I wanted a BR blaster, but I wasn't thrilled by the idea of having to sand it build it and paint it myself (I have no modelling skills whatsoever), and R_Deckard said that the Richard Coyle version (that looked absolutely gorgeous in the production pictures) needed some serious mod to make the bolt action and opening revovler cylinder work.

A shame really, 'cause as Richard Coyle himself states, his prop was made from the actual guns used for the original hero prop, a number of original stunt casts and some serious research, so his was the most accurate gun available.

A few days later I found out on ebay that Richard Coyle was selling finished pieces with display stand plaque and COA with working parts, working LEDS and dummy bullets :)

Edit: http://cm.ebay.com/cm/ck/1065-29392-2357-0...Item=7628599244

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

Only have that one issue.

I wonder why I bought it. I guess the Spider fever hit me when the movie came out.

406922[/snapback]

Damn! How much did you pay for that? Please tell me you have it insured! :o

407548[/snapback]

Insured? I didn't think of that. But it's not that rare. Everyone and their uncle seem to have an issue and are selling it off on ebay.

• 2 weeks later...

Originally, it would be a Gakken fully transformable cyclone off of eBay for $187.

:)

However, my 1/48 super stealth is the highest I've ever paid for a toy at $195 (includes shipping).

:)

Both were worth it though.

B))

• 1 month later...
For any single anime item, it would be:

super ostich - $2000 mint  :blink:

Tetsujin 28 - $35000 mint  :blink:

I know thats a lot (not for me) :D , but I bought these back when all this stuff was really hot.

You sir, must have won the lottery or something.

I know this is supposed to be a single one shot purchase, but my Patlabor 1/35 Master Grade kits (Alphonse, # 2, #3) were bought in 1 day at 2 different shops at $80 a piece, so $240 for the whole lot. For a single anime related purchase, I guess maybe the Gundam Fix 0013 Deep Striker for about $140 USD. Still, though, that seems like a sane price now that I've seen some crazy stuff around here. My Aliens Aoshima 1/72 Dropship was still expensive 12800 JPN Yen so about 125 CDN then the shipping ^___^

Edited by Spatula

$370 for a MISB SOC Dancougar.

$250 for Gakken full transformable Stick Bernard Mospeada.

Then found the same Mospeada toy for $150, yeah I bought it too. . .

All the same week. . . :wacko::lol:

Edited by DARKWIND