Who Watches The Military Channel?

Phalanx

Hey guys, I just finished watching military aviation programming on the Military channel on digital cable; so this makes me wonder, do you guys watch it too? I only watch it if there's something about jets or helicopters but most of the time I don't watch it unless there's anything good on. I'm just curious :rolleyes:

i watch it as well, i also like miltary history specially stuff from WW II as well as the history of weapons and vehicles.

chris

The topic description line of this thread concerns me, it seems to imply that some people might think there is something wrong or embarrassing about admitting to watching the military channel?

Why would anybody need to feel ashamed about watching it?

Graham

Good point Graham. I just thought that it might be a little dorky because we are learning something which is nerdy(little redundant) but then again some of us including me are nerds. It's also worth noting and admiting that most of my knowledge on airplanes and helicopter come from the information on the shiw. Thanx for pointing that out B))

Good point Graham. I just thought that it might be a little dorky because we are learning something which is nerdy(little redundant) but then again some of us including me are nerds. It's also worth noting and admiting that most of my knowledge on airplanes and helicopter come from the information on the shiw. Thanx for pointing that out B))

382801[/snapback]

How is the military channel nerdy? :blink:

I don't know Gaijin. It was just a mistake I made. Like I said, I just thought it was nerdy because we're learning something. A vast majority of the shows on their are educational and informal, but then again there's nothing wrong with learning something new.

Do they have much in the way of new stuff or are they simply replaying the same stuff they've replayed on the History Channel over and over back when there was just that (my friend's wife used to say when they first were promoting the split that, "Finally! They realize history isn't just about wars!").

I don't have cable in the moment. Can't really justify the cost for it when you consider I'd probaly watch maybe two or three hours of it a week. But if I HAD cable and had time (and there was new stuff), I'd watch it. Although you're often getting 'dumbed down' info for the television audience, it's still nice to see footage of things, both old and new. You could probably set up a 24/7 carrier operations channel and I'd tune in from time to time.... and wouldn't be ashamed to admit it. :D