Kaiyodo Revoltech Figures

wolfx

those who are not yet poisoned by revoltechs, turn back now... before its too late... :(:ph34r:

Too late, I need antidote now...quick.....

@electric indigo: yup, revy alien been talked about since the WF exhibition some time ago.

@UN Spacy: nice poses with your Gurren Lagann! looks like he stole something from getter :p

BTW, a note to folks who are buying revy Gurren Lagann - be very careful with that translucent "eye piece", read that its easily breakable and quite a few people broke theirs.

Gurren Lagann is indeed awesome. At first I was kind of meh on him because he looks to twisty-complex for his own good (had the same feeling about Black Selena SOC) - but the more I look at it the more I see that it's not "strange" - it's just a great innovative design :)

VFTF1

I see Gurran Lagann did not include the flight pack. Darn, guess I'll just have to wait some more until the flight version is released.

Gurran Lagann's backpack will come with the Lazangann, but the wings... no news yet. yup they want u to buy other revoltechs :)

Street fighter it says coming this summer.

Gurren Lagann paintjob isn't very nice... but overall is really cool. :)

nope. it was mentioned in one of the Toysdaily threads, at least 3 people mentioned their shades broke. iirc they said it broke when they were swapping the chest parts, but IMO after fiddling with it myself, i find that it might also break if u drop it or if u raise/lower its arms carelessly (the shades are in the way).

A very cool way to play with your Revoltech Gurren Lagan - reconfigure the Gurren Lagann to Gurren...I might get the Revoltech for this reason alone. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, the first batch QC is not very good with many chest visor breakage reported and poor paint job....I might wait for a special paint version (I am so sure Revoltech will do a limited version with a glossier paint job or a bigger drill).

2495369801_eca21a42a5_o.jpg

Pic Source: http://www.toysdaily.com/discuz/viewthread...;extra=page%3D1

Edited by Mowe

A very cool way to play with your Revoltech Gurren Lagan - reconfigure the Gurren Lagann to Gurren...I might get the Revoltech for this reason alone. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, the first batch QC is not very good with many chest visor breakage reported and poor paint job....I might wait for a special paint version (I am so sure Revoltech will do a limited version with a glossier paint job or a bigger drill).

Pic Source: http://www.toysdaily.com/discuz/viewthread...;extra=page%3D1

:lol: I must say that looks good. Nice find Mowe!

Big Regult and Gurren galleries:

http://gamu-toys.info/sonota/kaiyo/revoltech/051/051.html

http://gamu-toys.info/sonota/kaiyo/revoltech/050/050.html

nope. it was mentioned in one of the Toysdaily threads, at least 3 people mentioned their shades broke. iirc they said it broke when they were swapping the chest parts, but IMO after fiddling with it myself, i find that it might also break if u drop it or if u raise/lower its arms carelessly (the shades are in the way).

My Gurren Lagann arrived today and the shades did break off when I tried changing the chest plate for the first time, the plastic seems to be very weak. I managed to fix it though

hiya, well i just embarked on the revoltech line. First figure i started with the Gurren Lagann even thou i dont really know much about the anime. Its a pretty fun figure, very posable and having fun with posing and taking pics. mine has a couple of marks from the paintjob but still all good. heres some pics i took with my cellphone. sorry for the lighting and such. =P

Photo0053.jpg

Photo0054.jpg

Photo0055.jpg

Photo0056.jpg

Photo0057.jpg

still kinda scared to change the shades since i hear of people's breaking theirs. i really want to get the yf-19 and yf-21 next, and someone to fight this guy =P

Ooo she gots a cute little bunny wunny shirt... nah i'll pass like the first one. :D But still cool figure.

has anyone here bought any of the Idol Master figs yet?

I'm still waiting for the blonde one.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I think one Revoltech Rei Ayanami is enough for me. I'm really digging the oddball figures in this line. I just picked up a Suzuki and it's a load of fun boxy joint-filled robo-goodness.

I'm looking for a Revoltech website that portrays all models to date, kinda like a catalog, a mega gallery...

Has someone run into something like this? With some many figures out, I would love to see a good website showing all of 'em in an organized fashion....

The Wikipedia entry on Revoltech does that, but I would love to see a pic of each one of them.....

I'm looking for a Revoltech website that portrays all models to date, kinda like a catalog, a mega gallery...

Has someone run into something like this? With some many figures out, I would love to see a good website showing all of 'em in an organized fashion....

The Wikipedia entry on Revoltech does that, but I would love to see a pic of each one of them.....

If one doesn't exist, someone should certainly create one. There could be a simple gallery listing a photo and release date of each one in chronological order and then each photo could link to a review and gallery of that particular figure. Perhaps people could submit photos and reviews. Maybe even have a small forum for discussion. I wish I were more web-saavy, I'd totally get to work on that this weekend.

I have been working on something similar in my Flickr gallery, but it's only a start and far from complete. I eventually want to host something just like that on my website, which I hope to have finished later this year.

My Revoltech Flickr Gallery

I would put Faye from Cowboy Bebop at the top of my female Revoltech list. However I'd want her done in the same style as Revy. I'm not really that keen on the Fraulien design.

I would put Faye from Cowboy Bebop at the top of my female Revoltech list. However I'd want her done in the same style as Revy. I'm not really that keen on the Fraulien design.

Macross Bridge Bunnies!

I have been working on something similar in my Flickr gallery, but it's only a start and far from complete. I eventually want to host something just like that on my website, which I hope to have finished later this year.

My Revoltech Flickr Gallery

Hey GOG!! you got the most important thing thou!! Really beautiful pictures!!! Assembling a website is the easy part....

Congrats.. The posing in some of them is really well done too; Revy, VF-1A and EVA-00 Movie Ver. all look really really cool!

Keep it up with that project.

There's a pretty easy way to get the shades off of GL. Use the nail file from a small swiss Army knife and stick it under the chestplage and slowly wiggle it off. Mine came off no problem. Now for the dodgy paint on his butt. I hope the other one I have on order has better paint.

Is anyone thinking of getting them?

Well, I have always collected the Yamaguchi line. I was quite surprised to learn that these would actually be in that main line. They are not something I am really interested in, but I may pick them up just for completion's sake. I kinda wish they were in a different line like the Street Fighter and Fist of the North Star figs.