The "other" Monster

Ok some updates. Threw in a half finished 1/100 scale Phalanx for scale purposes. Will still need to do alot of weathering. I just applied the decals, so I will add another future coat and then do pastel weathering and drybrushing. Yes, I know I took major liberties with the decals. I just thought it looked better like this. Should've resized the pics, but here they are:

mon4.jpg

Edited by Less than Super Ostrich

Unfortunately, I knew the decals wouldn't be perfect because they are scaled up from 1/200 scale on Photoshop. The decal paper is a little thick too, but still ok. I think Anasazi did a good job for what I asked him to do. Unfortunately there weren't enough people who owned this kit for him to make them from scratch. I hadn't thought of an overspray. I am weathering now, so perhaps I can do something like that.

Thanks, Sean. I was making that up as I went along. I used a little Burnt Metal Alclad on the tips of the gun barrels for something to break up the color... doubt it would happen in real life, but hey it's an anime! As for the sheen, I just used Future coat. I was going to add a flat coat, but I kinda liked it the way it was. Finally, instead of my normal dry brushing. I use a silver colored pencil along the edges to give it some definition. Very pleased how it looked.

Edited by Less than Super Ostrich

actually thats about how it would look after repeated use. the paint would cook right off and the edges would get a nice sheen to them. I have yet to see bright metal on any armor made of steel. even aluminum is a dull grey color and not bright silver.

What RPG did you get that info out of? Watch DYRL and Macorss 0 for all the main gun smoke you can handle coming from this beast. You even see the brass casing slam into the deck in M0

Edited by HWR MKII

Well technical speaking Prometheum is right you know. A rail gun or Gauss Rifle fires a slug of Nickel ferrous metal (the bullet) through magnetic induction at a very high velocity. The damag comes from the impact instead of an explosion. The advantage is it range and generates almost no heat. Also in case your ammo gets hit it doesn't explode.

Based on the Battletech Compendium that's a Gauss Rifle :lol:

But it looks awesome, nice work LTSO. I like the semi-dirty look with out over doing it. Hands down.

lol Battletech = RPG= Doesnt count here. One thing that alt of us do here is try t keep things screen accurate jade you knw that. True a rail gun wouldnt produce metal to metal friction but what about the massive amount of air friction from a projectile that large. Either way for me the on screen evidence from Macross TV, DYRL and M0 all show that it uses a chemicle projectile not magnetic.

PLUS its LTSO's model so he can paint it however he wants.

Edited by HWR MKII