Redheaded Step Valkyrie

Ginrai

So I finally got the red 1/55 Valkyrie head from Four Star's really silly Constructicons/Devastator bootleg, and it's definitely the Takatoku mold and not oversized or anything, it's just cast in red plastic. Color scheme matches up perfectly with Jetfire, but looks horrible with the 1/55 Takatoku Miria. (I tried it.)

Redheaded Step Valkyrie

An interesting bit of Macross toy trivia though, don't you think?

So I finally got the red 1/55 Valkyrie head from Four Star's really silly Constructicons/Devastator bootleg, and it's definitely the Takatoku mold and not oversized or anything, it's just cast in red plastic. Color scheme matches up perfectly with Jetfire, but looks horrible with the 1/55 Takatoku Miria. (I tried it.)

Redheaded Step Valkyrie

355400[/snapback]

UGH. That thing is hideous. That silver visor is awful. If it were black or green it might look better but silver? *gag*

Redheaded Step Valkyrie

355400[/snapback]

UGH. That thing is hideous. That silver visor is awful. If it were black or green it might look better but silver? *gag*

355483[/snapback]

People that live in glass houses shoudn't throw disco stones...

tm-1.jpg

where can I get a red 1/55 Valkyrie head from Four Star's really silly Constructicons/Devastator bootleg????

and I wonder how many people just knew I'd be asking that whan I saw an ugly ass 1/55 :rolleyes:

355400[/snapback]

355483[/snapback]

355497[/snapback]

:lol::lol::lol:

tm-1.jpg

355497[/snapback]

Yeah, WHATEVER, EXO. I'm glad to see you are still COMPLETELY ignorant of what this Valk represents. So be it. I'm proud of it. It's beautiful...

The guy who bought it is very happy with it and we both think it totally rocks (you should see it with the heatshield and FAAST pack setup on it--AWESEOME). In fact, you are the only person who has ever said anything bad about it and that's because you just don't like me verbally and mentally spanking you on a regular basis... Well I don't like you either so quit following me around the boards like some lovesick homosexual and move on.

Oh, and my Valk would have certainly won at a REAL Tiger Meet that's for sure.

http://www.natotigers.org/

http://www.natotigers.org/press/ntm05_uli/index.htm

http://www.tiger-link.com/NTM2003%20-%20page%201.htm

http://modelingmadness.com/others/features...eet/tm2002b.htm

B1.jpg

Take your ignorance elsewhere.

Edited by Skull-1

Yeah, WHATEVER, EXO.  I'm glad to see you are still COMPLETELY ignorant of what this Valk represents.  So be it.  I'm proud of it.  It's beautiful...

The guy who bought it is very happy with it and we both think it totally rocks (you should see it with the heatshield and FAAST pack setup on it--AWESEOME).  In fact, you are the only person who has ever said anything bad about it and that's because you just don't like me verbally and mentally spanking you on a regular basis...  Well I don't like you either so quit following me around the boards like some lovesick homosexual and move on.

Oh, and my Valk would have certainly won at a REAL Tiger Meet that's for sure.

Take your ignorance elsewhere.

355647[/snapback]

Showing me a cool jet doesn't make yours look good. :rolleyes: Hey... I'm glad the guy that bought it is happy. I just hope Stevie Wonder knows that it transforms too.

Edited by >EXO<

Yeah, I don't doubt that the bootlegs are rarer than the real things these days.  These are GREAT days to be a Macross fan (unless you collect bootlegs).  I found this on Ebay today:

http://cgi.ebay.com/1-55-Macross-VF-1J-Gre...1QQcmdZViewItem

You can get a Bandai reissue for like $35 but to get a Joons cost $100?  :)

355600[/snapback]

don't remind me. I saw a joon's milla sell for over $200 :blink:

I should have sold mine to the second highest bidder. The worst part is the few boot's I need are the really rare ones now :(

so help me if I manage to complete my collection of originals before I finish with the bootlegs...

I still want one of those heads :rolleyes:

Edited by kanata67

Hmm, I'm not really sure about the numbers on the Mr. Hard Hat to begin with, but I'm betting not high. I've seen a few of the individual Four Star Constructicon bootlegs on eBay in parts lots a few times, but the head I bought was the first time I saw that available on eBay and I've never seen the giftset itself for sale. I wonder if the head comes with whatever part of Devastator normally has the head?

At least the Joon's seem to be losing some of their value. I've seen Joon's Miria's on eBay for a lot less than $200 lately. If I was gonna buy another Miria (I have a beat up Takatoku one like I said), I'd buy a Bandai reissue for sure. I used to have a Joon's and they're just not that good.

At least the Joon's seem to be losing some of their value. I've seen Joon's Miria's on eBay for a lot less than $200 lately. If I was gonna buy another Miria (I have a beat up Takatoku one like I said), I'd buy a Bandai reissue for sure. I used to have a Joon's and they're just not that good.

355970[/snapback]

I like my Joons. it was a good alternative during the hi and dry periods of macross. Before yamato and Bandai reissues. anyway. anychance of seeing the whole reda valkyrie's original body?

Showing me a cool jet doesn't make yours look good.  :rolleyes:  Hey... I'm glad the guy that bought it is happy.  I just hope Stevie Wonder knows that it transforms too.

355771[/snapback]

Actually I showed you two cool jets: the Tornado and my Valk. It is one of the most innovative and creative custom paint schemes I have ever seen. That you cannot appreciate it says far more about you than it does about me.

Its beauty speaks for itself. I am INCREDIBLY proud of this Valkyrie, comments from the one-man peanut gallery be damned. My only regret is that I do not still possess it. It was *THAT* good...

*salute*

Now back to the thread...

That Red Head looks awful with the silver visor. Green or Black in there would have made it look a lot better. Wonder why they managed to choose sliver?

Edited by Skull-1

I like my Joons. it was a good alternative during the hi and dry periods of macross. Before yamato and Bandai reissues. anyway. anychance of seeing the whole reda valkyrie's original body?

Well, I mean, it was something back in the days when Takatokus, Matsushiros, and Bandais were incredibly expensive or nearly impossible to get, but the quality just does not stand up. The original body to that red Valkyrie is not a Valkyrie at all, it's a bootleg of the Transformers Constructicon Devastator combiner. You can see a picture of it if you just follow the link to Toyarchive off of my page. I personally have no interest in getting one of those. I just wanted the Valkyrie head, not the bootleg Devastator.

That Red Head looks awful with the silver visor.  Green or Black in there would have made it look a lot better.  Wonder why they managed to choose sliver?

Well, it's a bootleg. It's an unwritten law of bootleg toys that if the color its molded in isn't hideous to begin with, the stickers or paint has to be blinding. Actually, it's pretty amazing they bothered to paint it, considering the legitimate Valkyries pre-Bandai reissue were all stickers anyway. I was thinking maybe I could get a regular visor sticker from someone and stick that on, but green might look bad on a bright red head.

Edited by Ginrai

Actually I showed you two cool jets: the Tornado and my Valk.  It is one of the most innovative and creative custom paint schemes I have ever seen.  That you cannot appreciate it says far more about you than it does about me.

356119[/snapback]

That I have good taste and you like giant robots painted like a pimp from the 70s?

Actually if you wanna talk about ignorance, my whole point is that you shouldn't talk about someone else work unless you're prepared to take critism too. But I made my point oh so well... lol.

And what's this about verbally and mentally spanking me on a regular basis? I wasn't even aware we've have at it before. I musta cut deep if we did. Anyway, claiming that puts you on the same level as MGREXX. haha. Seems fitting.

That I have good taste and you like giant robots painted like a pimp from the 70s?

Or like a Tornado from the 2000s. Hmmm. I guess you need glasses.

Actually if you wanna talk about ignorance, my whole point is that you shouldn't talk about someone else work unless you're prepared to take critism too.  But I made my point oh so well... lol.

I saw no criticism just insults (over an unfinished project no less--there are no photos of the final version of that Valk sadly). When you can do the former I'll listen otherwise I'll just b-slap your happy butt into next week.

It wasn't Ginrai's work any way. He was pointing out the crazy head to everyone and I simply made my comment that it looks bad with a silver visor. He got the point and wasn't insulted. I'm failing to see why you should butt your mug into it.

And what's this about verbally and mentally spanking me on a regular basis?  I wasn't even aware we've have at it before.  I musta cut deep if we did.  Anyway, claiming that puts you on the same level as MGREXX.  haha.  Seems fitting.

356294[/snapback]

*YAWN* Back to business.....

Well, it's a bootleg. It's an unwritten law of bootleg toys that if the color its molded in isn't hideous to begin with, the stickers or paint has to be blinding. Actually, it's pretty amazing they bothered to paint it, considering the legitimate Valkyries pre-Bandai reissue were all stickers anyway. I was thinking maybe I could get a regular visor sticker from someone and stick that on, but green might look bad on a bright red head.

356257[/snapback]

Hey Ginrai, for what it's worth I actually did a red Milia "S" in Skull Squadron paint with a GREEN visor and it looked pretty good. It was blood red all over though not the lighter candy apple red the 1/48 has.

Let me know if you need any stickers I have plenty of spares for "S" models.

<S>

Edited by Skull-1

I'm with EXO in this, his point is that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I really have no opinion of your custom, but I think that red head is way cool. I'd like to see an entire custom based on it (keep the silver/clear visor). You can criticize but noone else can (real plane or not)? C'mon, his original barb was funny.