Bandai Change Robo Toy

Limbo

Ok.. here is the guy:

GC27-2.jpg

I had one of those when I was nine but I was young and stupid and it got broken and lost over the ages. Now I'm older, but probably still stupid, because I just found this pic on the web and I can't get my mind of it.

It would mean a lot to me if I could get my hands on another one.

Any hint of where I could find one?

Please? :)

Edited by Limbo

the only place you are going to find one of these is Ebay, i am not sure if there are any up right now but you might want to check.

chris

OMg....i have this standing in one of my displays...unfortunately its old, rusty (don't tell me how it got rusty) missing parts and the connecting bits are abit spoilt. :(

Mmm..the one in that picture just looks so minty fresh.

the only place you are going to find one of these is Ebay, i am not sure if there are any up right now but you might want to check.

chris

350158[/snapback]

Been there already... I was holping for one of those Used-but-good-Japansese-toys-store where everything cost a lot kind of place ...

It may take some work, but if you're serious about about getting one then this is what I would do,

Go to Zinc Panic, look this toy up with their search engine.

Copy and paste the kanji version of the toys name into Yahoo Japan's search box.

You might have to play around with the kanji to find some matches, like ebay things get listed under all kinds of varaitions of the same name.

There are some translators here that will make it a lot easier. The top one works very well, a lot better then Altavistas Babelfish.

Once you've found an auction you like the look of you can then use either Celga or Shopping Mall Japan (there are other agencys besides these as well) to bid on and handle the purchase/shipping of the item for you. Those are deputy services and they charge their own set fees depending on how much the won item costs so make sure you read their FAQ's and instructions before you use them.

Then you just sit back and wait for your treasure to arrive. :D

The only other way is to setup a saved search on ebay and hope one turns up.

I'd go straight for the soruce though, if you need help then just post here and I or someone else will help you out. :)

Edited by Fort Max

DX Change Robo is one of less common super sentai toys out there, but you can probably still get it easier and cheaper than say, a DX Live Robo. I paid about HK$1000 (~130USD) for mine, C-9 complete, back in '99. You might also want to consider tracking down the mothership carrier for it: POPY 'BIG SCALE' Shuttlebase... the elevating platform for the helicopter is neat!

Here's a rather old pic of my super sentai 'hangar' with 3 of the robots & motherships:

kelcb3.jpg

Change Robo & Shuttlebase, Flash King & Star Condor, Live Robo & Machine Buffalo (last of the great sentai motherships).

Awesome find, but that one is the ST Chogokin... I don't even think it transforms. I've found one at Yahoo Japan mint for like 48000 Yen...

O__O

I would love to snag one, but for $500 I'll have to keep living with the trauma for a little while :p

• 1 month later...