The Fifth Season Of 24.

UN Spacy

Finished watching it here in the Midwest almost two hours ago! I-N-T-E-N-S-E! :D

Anyway...

David Palmer - D-E-A-D!

Michelle Desseller (sic?)- D-E-A-D! :(:(:( :( :(:(

Tony Almada- pretty banged up!

Since David Palmer was about to leak something that I think was damaging to the Logan presidency, I had the feeling that either Logan or his right hand man who tried to have Jack bumped off last season was involved in the $hit going down now, and it looks like I was right at the end of hour two! :D

Can't we have ONE season without a moles! Yikes.....I NEVER liked Logan and his stuff. I knew that he was up to some funny business ever since I saw him last season.

RIP President Palmer and Michelle Dessler!

I half expecting Jack to say yippy kay yay next week. Hehehehehehe.

I'm starting to think that Chloe's kinda' cute.

360884[/snapback]

All that gunplay from last season really worked out in her favor. Now she's walking around this season with no bra. Kicking men out of her bed and aiding ol' Jack. :lol:

Wow, Jack must know all the shortcuts given the LA commute. I think he essentially went from downtown LA (?) to Ontario airport in less than 30 minutes. How he managed that without a speeding ticket is just a mystery...

But I like the fact that after "18 months" Jack is still ruthless, but I suppose he was being nice taking out Palmer's assassin, he could've let the guy bleed out through a gut wound, that would've really hurt. Although I wished the whole thing was a little more personal in that someone is after Jack again like in Season 1. Whatever they do, I hope they don't pull a Marwan style multiple plot thing again this season.

But the brutal axing of the original cast was pretty interesting. I think this pretty much accounts for all the characters in season 1 and 2. Just need to put down Kim, Chloe, and Chloe's boyfriend, and that'll take care of season 3 too. :)

And speaking of Chloe, someone has been taking lessons with pistols. She shot the poor guy in the gut.

Edited by kalvasflam

I figured from the outset that both President Palmer and Michelle were going to get bumped off because both actors were listed as being "Special Guest Stars" while Carlos Bernard (Tony) was listed as a "regular" star. :)

The one complaint I got is the loose end about Jack's "dead body"... after his faked death, wouldn't his friends and family want to see his body? How about the funeral? Obviously they would have had a funeral and something would have been said about there being no body or somebody else's body in the casket...

I figured from the outset that both President Palmer and Michelle were going to get bumped off because both actors were listed as being "Special Guest Stars" while Carlos Bernard (Tony) was listed as a "regular" star. :)

The one complaint I got is the loose end about Jack's "dead body"... after his faked death, wouldn't his friends and family want to see his body?  How about the funeral?  Obviously they would have had a funeral and something would have been said about there being no body or somebody else's body in the casket...

360982[/snapback]

Im taking a WAG here (Wild Arse Guess) But Tony said there wouldnt be an Autposy since they wantde him dead no questions asked. so I kinda figure they made up some bull$hit about Jack wanting to be cremated. and have a fake plot with a Head Stone the whole nine yards.

24 writers have huge issues with women... they're either crazy, fired, or dead. This is the second season in a row where we have had a chemically imbalanced female character. But as long as Jack remains a bad ass ruthless mofo killer , I don't care.

I'm a bit irritated with the First Wife's storyline, and I guess it wouldn't be 24 without a mole......right?

I agree about Tony getting MAJOR revenge.

Did anyone else think Jack's new GF and son were going to get kidnapped at the end? It's so cliche for 24 fans.

Did anyone else think Jack's new GF and son were going to get kidnapped at the end? It's so cliche for 24 fans.

361264[/snapback]

Seriously. 90% of Jack's crisis' revolve around people that he knows and or cares about being held hostage somewhere. See? Having friends is bad for you!

I hope Jack goes wacko and does something off protocol today, like killing someone then chopping his head off in season 2 or torturing suspects. This season so far seems pretty tame compared to past seasons.

363409[/snapback]

I'm sure he will. Remember, he already told CTU that he's not bound by any protocol. He already played jury, judge, and executioner once this season.

The best quote this season is when Jack said something like, "Lets get one thing straight, the only reason you are conscious right now is because I don't feel like carrying you."

I hope Jack goes wacko and does something off protocol today, like killing someone then chopping his head off in season 2 or torturing suspects. This season so far seems pretty tame compared to past seasons.

363409[/snapback]

I'm sure he will. Remember, he already told CTU that he's not bound by any protocol. He already played jury, judge, and executioner once this season.

The best quote this season is when Jack said something like, "Lets get one thing straight, the only reason you are conscious right now is because I don't feel like carrying you."

363416[/snapback]

Oh yeah, I forgot he killed that dude. Only one hour to go!

Yeah. Jack Bauer was using a similar bag during the first five episodes of this season. Hehehehe.

What'd you guys think of tonights episode?

IMHO it was a tad boring until Jack paid a visit to the medical station.

Next week. Jack vs. El Presidente Stupido.

That should be good. I was wondering though-does Chloe have any other facial expressions other than that "concerned, deep in thought" look? Considering that she's been having an affair with what's his face, I wonder if that's the face he saw when they were together...

Is it me or is there just no tension in CTU anymore? Sean Astin and the other head CTU guy just seem to agree with Jack on everything. The scene in the medical area where Jack fought the assassin was awesome. I love the scissors and the neck, it was so awesome and nasty!

ONe thing I don't understand is why do you stage a hostage taking situation just to grab some nerve gas. You'd think they would just grab the stuff without making a scene. :huh: