The Fifth Season Of 24.

UN Spacy

Alright!!!

Maybe Jack picked up on a hot Senorita from South of the Border...

"Juanita... stay here and don't make a sound! I'll take care of the terrorists!"

"Wait Senor Bauer... here take some chiklet with jou! Quidado por favor! Ay... Santa maria!"

"Don't worry Juanita, we'll be eating tamales and sipping Dos Equis in no time"

Edited by >EXO<

Here is to hoping that the plot is not as convoluted as last season. I enjoyed Imhotep escaping as much as the next person, but when you have him do it 50 times in the season, it gets a little old. Not to metion, the plot within a plot within a plot within a plot.

Geez, how many backup plans can one guy have?

24 has always been that one cheesy show that I can't help but watch. There are so many plotholes and crappy sidestories and unbelievable plotlines. But they do it so well while keeping you on the edge of your seats. I could never watch the show over though, cuz that would just ruin it for me. Seeing it in the moment is where the fun is. I'll never buy the DVDs though.

For some reason we called the bad guy Imhotep cuz it's the same actor from The Mummy... I don't think we learned his name until the third episode they showed him. Yeah they probably said it the first time they showed him, but we never really bothered with it until he stayed alive long enough.

Edited by >EXO<

Cheesy, yes, but at least it's better than Alias.  More... uh... realistic.  Ha ha ha ha.

Graham, you didn't miss out on much with season 4.  We'll see how season 5 turned out.  And I bet you stopped watching season 3, after they shot Nina.

348063[/snapback]

Yeah, since Alias was based on a fantasy myth about some technological genius in the Rennaisance (a la Da Vinci). Even though the core myth was not as reality based, the first couple seasons of Alias had a tighter storytelling than 24. You're comparing James Bond to Tom Clancy stuff, completely different.

Don't forget, no peeing and no eating. :lol: I mean he spent a whole episode robbing a liquor store, I woulda at least got a big grab Doritos.

But yeah, you gotta let a lot of stuff go, but sometimes those are the kinda things I enjoy. Sometimes it just makes me laugh.

I think they need to go back to the first season model. Hopefully the start of the storyline will have that happening since it's almost a major personal impact to Bauer.

Just have to what and see what develops. They can't draw on the old cast of bad guys at all, except for may be naked Mandy. Now I wish they didn't just off Nina. Heck, even Imhotep surviving would have been good.

Was season 3 when Kim worked at CTU? that's the season where I quit. The Nuclear bomb was season 2 right? I can't remember, and what did happen to Kim anyway? Palmer taking the poisoned hand shake was the last finally that I remember and then I started the following season but gave up. I really did like the show at first, I guess I just couldn't take it anymore....Kim getting caught in the trap in the woods and the Cougar coming!!! LOL! But I am curious to know what happened to Kim

Chris

Don't forget, no peeing and no eating.  :lol: I mean he spent a whole episode robbing a liquor store, I woulda at least got a big grab Doritos.

But yeah, you gotta let a lot of stuff go, but sometimes those are the kinda things I enjoy. Sometimes it just makes me laugh.

348170[/snapback]

plus no sleeping. imagine 8 weeks of the whole hour of him just sleeping.

Well whats changed heavily on the show was the number of story arcs running at the same time. Season 4 tried very hard to deviate from the basic formula in the beginning ( generally running Jack, Palmer and Kim/CTU in different directions in the first 3 seasons) then fell back right into it having to bring Palmer and Almeida back to boost ratings.

348420[/snapback]

I don't think it was ever a secret that the actors who played Palmer and Almeida both signed on for season 4, people already knew they'll show up sometime during the season.

As plainly ridiculous as 24 can get (a cougar chasing Kim? c'mon! - crazy travel-time inconsistencies, etc.), I have to say it's one of my favorite shows of all time. Can't wait for the upcoming season. I can't believe more shows aren't following the real-time format, as it makes for an exciting plot device.

Will Jack shotgun a dog or kneecap a terrorist? I'm on the edge of my seat for the Jack Bauer Power Hour.

It will be interesting to see what Samwise Goonie and Boxing-Helena-guy bring to the series.

Edited by Majestic

As plainly ridiculous as 24 can get (a cougar chasing Kim? c'mon! - crazy travel-time inconsistencies, etc.), I have to say it's one of my favorite shows of all time. Can't wait for the upcoming season. I can't believe more shows aren't following the real-time format, as it makes for an exciting plot device.

Will Jack shotgun a dog or kneecap a terrorist? I'm on the edge of my seat for the Jack Bauer Power Hour.

It will be interesting to see what Samwise Goonie and Boxing-Helena-guy bring to the series.

349212[/snapback]

X-men 3 Plug. Shohreh Aghdashloo Who played the terroist Mommy in Season4 of 24 is a cast member of

X Cubed .... I mean x-3

Just bought the 24 S4 box - comes with an exclusive prequel to S5!

Costco has a $25 off deal on 24 boxes until this weekend BTW.

350595[/snapback]

Sounds like a sweeeeeet deal. I don't buy too many DVD's these days (with Netflix and all) so the price has to be JUST right.

I'm also getting the prequel to S5 right now. I wanna see Frank :lol: in action chewing bubble gum and taking names (or heads).

Deathhammer!

Come on man.......please dont' do this throughout the entire thread. I hate major spoilers like that. I'm even looking awa yfrom the computer as I type this.

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Ladies and gentlemen of MW. The new Frank.

post-31-1134253999_thumb.jpg

Edited by UN Spacy

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...