How Much Does It Cost Now A 1/48 Vf-1s Hikaru?

ghiblione

I would check ebay completed auctions if you want to be absolutely sure about the going price. I think the last one went for over $300. I doubt a fellow MW would charge that much, but who knows? As far as rarity, it's not as rare as the low-vis, but probably about as rare as a 1a max. One minute, everybody's selling them, about a month later, they're all gone. I should have bought 2 when I had the chance..... <_<

I would check ebay completed auctions if you want to be absolutely sure about the going price.  I think the last one went for over $300.  I doubt a fellow MW would charge that much, but who knows?  As far as rarity, it's not as rare as the low-vis, but probably about as rare as a 1a max.  One minute, everybody's selling them, about a month later, they're all gone.  I should have bought 2 when I had the chance..... <_<

347540[/snapback]

You mean if I find a cheap one just go ahead to get it?

I would check ebay completed auctions if you want to be absolutely sure about the going price.  I think the last one went for over $300.  I doubt a fellow MW would charge that much, but who knows?  As far as rarity, it's not as rare as the low-vis, but probably about as rare as a 1a max.  One minute, everybody's selling them, about a month later, they're all gone.  I should have bought 2 when I had the chance..... <_<

347540[/snapback]

You mean if I find a cheap one just go ahead to get it?

347545[/snapback]

People seem to be shelling out some $$ for the Hikaru -1S. If you're not in a big hurry to get one, just wait (or post up in the Wanted forum). The theory is, people will need some extra cash for the holidays, so they might part with something, knowing it will go to another Macrossworld member.

OR

You could scoop up a Roy -1S from one of the trusted Macross retailers and break out some red paint. :)

Edited by Wicked Ace

That what i plan on doing Ive seen one or two and they have sold around $300++ on ebay. Maybe they'll get re-issued

I think that at this point it is very unlikely that the hikkie 1s will get re-issued. Both the hikkie 1s and the max 1a didn't get a lot of love when they were initially released, so it's doubtful yamato would release another round. On the other hand, Roy sells like crazy with every release.

I gotta disagree. I feel strongly we'll be seeing more Hikkie 1S' eventually. Didn't the 1A stink it up and get reissued anyway? I'm pretty sure it did.

Edit - (I'm referring to both the Hikkie and Max 1As)

Edited by jenius

You could scoop up a Roy -1S from one of the trusted Macross retailers and break out some red paint. :)

347547[/snapback]

The different between roy and hikaru is just the yellow and the red colour? nothing else? :rolleyes:

347557[/snapback]

The pilot sculpts are different, and the heat shield on the Roy is black.

Well, I won't paint a Roy to a Hikaru. 1s re-release, maybe one year later? I don't know.

347574[/snapback]

I kind of guessed you didn't want to make your own (like me and the DYRL Max -1A), but you asked what the differences were.

347578[/snapback]

After you tell me the differences, I decide to try to find a 1S Hikaru. Thanks.

As for the Hikkie 1S being reissued, it's very hard to say becos the only ones which have been reissued is the Roy becos it just sells well, the Hikkie 1A so that it has all the fixes, Max 1A was rumored to have been but some say it was leftover stock sitting in the warehouse and coming up Hikkie 1J becos of the GBP.

The Hikkie 1S didn't sell that well when it first came out. I know a dealer who was disappointed of it as his stocks were just sitting in his shop for months. With Yamato releasing the VF-0, they may concentrate more on that now, but may still see some reissues released between each Macross Zero product. Probably more Roys :lol:

Well, I won't paint a Roy to a Hikaru. 1s re-release, maybe one year later? I don't know.

347574[/snapback]

I kind of guessed you didn't want to make your own (like me and the DYRL Max -1A), but you asked what the differences were.

347578[/snapback]

After you tell me the differences, I decide to try to find a 1S Hikaru. Thanks.

347586[/snapback]

OK. Differences between the two (other than the immediately obvious):

1. The pilot sculpts are different (I prefer the Hikaru -1S pilot sculpt).

2. The Roy -1S has a black heat shield, whereas the Hikaru has a red one.

Not sure, but I think the Roy 1S is also more of an offwhite color.  I don't think the 1S Hik is...

347627[/snapback]

I have both displayed side-by-side and can't see any color difference; I switched the nose cones and didn't see any contrast. Of course this thread is now off-topic. :)

347547[/snapback]

The different between roy and hikaru is just the yellow and the red colour? nothing else? :rolleyes:

347557[/snapback]

Yes that is the simple way to put it. All the yellow is red and the black heatshield is red.

Also, the pilot sculpt is not that different, technically anyway, it is just a DYRL? pilot sculpted from rubber instead of hard plastic. It is the only rubber DYRL? pilot in existance, all the others are the M0 pilot with the low vis and the TV rubber with the CF 1A and 1Js.

If anything, if you can paint, I would suggest that you get a Roy and paint it up becasue the actual quality of the run is better than the Hikaru 1S. There is no such thing as a off-white vs. white base colour for the DYRL? VF-1s they are all the same colour.

How about replace a 1A Hikaru's head for a 1S one? 1A and 1S Hikaru are all the same except their heads?

347676[/snapback]

You'll need to change the 011 on the Hikaru -1A wing to 001. :)

347678[/snapback]

:rolleyes: maybe we can have a 011 1S, haha, not bad for me.

Edited by ghiblione

I've got a VF-1A and a VF-1S. I'm not going to pay any where near $300 for a VF-1S Hikaru. I'd rather buy another VF-1S and do a little painting (or swap my two VF-1A and a VF-1S heads around for that). I guess Yamato isn't even going to bother with that themselves and rereleasing it :lol: ! So to me, a 1S Hikaru isn't worth it.

Edited by VF-2SS-BloodPhoenix

I've got a VF-1A and a VF-1S. I'm not going to pay any where near $300 for a VF-1S Hikaru. I'd rather buy another VF-1S and do a little painting (or swap my two VF-1A and a VF-1S heads around for that). I guess Yamato isn't even going to bother with that themselves and rereleasing it  :lol:  ! So to me, a 1S Hikaru isn't worth it.

349135[/snapback]

What about the Hikaru VF-1S box that's on fire? :p

Someone above said that the Hikaru 1S didn't sell well (like the Max 1A).

I don't think that's true. If memory serves, they sold very well and sold out about as fast (or faster) than just about any other 1/48 release.

I do remember, however, the usual "doom and gloomers" around here stating that they would "languish on the shelves" and that nobody would want them. . . because, of course, Yamato was releasing the Hikaru 1S instead of their preferred valk (another Low-Vis, M&M 1J, CF, take your pick).

The only valkyrie that ever sold really poorly was the Max 1A, I think.

H

Someone above said that the Hikaru 1S didn't sell well (like the Max 1A).

I don't think that's true.  If memory serves, they sold very well and sold out about as fast (or faster) than just about any other 1/48 release.

I do remember, however, the usual "doom and gloomers" around here stating that  they would "languish on the shelves" and that nobody would want them. . . because, of course, Yamato was releasing the Hikaru 1S instead of their preferred valk (another Low-Vis, M&M 1J, CF, take your pick).

The only valkyrie that ever sold really poorly was the Max 1A, I think.

H

349149[/snapback]

I thought the MAX 1A had a second release. I know the 1S hikkie only had one release

I've got a VF-1A and a VF-1S. I'm not going to pay any where near $300 for a VF-1S Hikaru. I'd rather buy another VF-1S and do a little painting (or swap my two VF-1A and a VF-1S heads around for that). I guess Yamato isn't even going to bother with that themselves and rereleasing it  :lol:  ! So to me, a 1S Hikaru isn't worth it.

349135[/snapback]

What about the Hikaru VF-1S box that's on fire? :p

349147[/snapback]

:lol: I'll wait for the inevitable re-issue.

BTW, did the 1/48 VF-1J just get re-issued or is that coming soon?

Edited by VF-2SS-BloodPhoenix

I remember seeing prices slashed for both the Hikkie 1s and Max 1A, so it's likely they both sold relatively poorly (the Max selling the worst). I saw a Max 1A on the shelf of a local Anime store just 2 months ago, which had apparently been sitting there for a long time. Of course, once prices started skyrocketting, someone nabbed it for $199.

I got lucky a few weeks ago. Got one from BBTS for $189.99+Shipping. MIB.

They had another set for $179.99 but it was open. Someone got it the next day after I ordered mine.

YAM10006 1/48 VF-1S Hikaru Ichijo Valkyrie 1 $189.99

Subtotal: $189.99

Tax: $0.00

Shipping: $8.49

Total: $198.48

I thought the MAX 1A had a second release.

Nope. :(

349159[/snapback]

After Neova brought in more Max's, I am starting to believe that there was a second release. I know that there wasn't an official announcement, but after a long drought of VF-1A Max, there was suddenly heaps available to some suppliers. Even Tamim managed to score a case, and a few in HK did too.

Although the announcement that was unofficially made was some excess factory stock.

Apparently it is the same as the Max and Millia VF-1Js' but that was awhile now. So I doubt that there is really a lot left in stock. I hate to spead rumours, so I would take that info with a grain of salt.