1/6 Roy Focker (coming soon)

VF-1James

Hey all! According to what I heard from the HK guy, the DYRL Roy is in the final stages. He's been delayed due to the fact that a company they hired to do the casting wasn't up to snuff (or so he says). I guess the guy is in Malaysia right now, so he said when he gets back next Friday, he should have some pictures of the Roy for me. Can't wait...

So guys, start saving! I'm sure this will run somewhere around $250 (with all those armor pieces). I don't have an exact figure, so it could be a lot more, or a lot less. I'm just making a guess here... Stop buying those lousy CM's figures, and buy these instead! The guy that's making them said the quality will be way better than those anyway.

Just wanted to let everyone know that it's coming soon (finally!!!), and to save up for it. I hope we can sell ten of these things, so he won't be pissed at me for giving him a project that wasn't worth his effort. Here's to the hope that this will go well. Cheers!

Edited by VF-1James

Hey all!  According to what I heard from the HK guy, the DYRL Roy is in the final stages.  He's been delayed due to the fact that a company they hired to do the casting wasn't up to snuff (or so he says).  I guess the guy is in Malaysia right now, so he said when he gets back next Friday, he should have some pictures of the Roy for me.  Can't wait...

So guys, start saving!  I'm sure this will run somewhere around $250 (with all those armor pieces).  I don't have an exact figure, so it could be a lot more, or a lot less.  I'm just making a guess here...  Stop buying those lousy CM's figures, and buy these instead!  The guy that's making them said the quality will be way better than those anyway. 

Just wanted to let everyone know that it's coming soon (finally!!!), and to save up for it.  I hope we can sell ten of these things, so he won't be pissed at me for giving him a project that wasn't worth his effort.  Here's to the hope that this will go well.  Cheers!

342195[/snapback]

It better be pretty damn great if I am going to shell out $250 ;) .

are we talking valk or action figure? $250 for an oversized gi-joe... better have kung-fu grip :blink:

342201[/snapback]

We're talking about a 1/6 scale (around 12") action figure of Roy in his movie flight suit. Hikaru should be right on his heels too. Why Roy first? Well, I just like him better as a character, that's all... And these will be way cooler than a GI Joe; I wouldn't even group them together. With this kind of price range, you have to expect a high-quality product- GI Joes are for people that are on a budget, and little kids. These are for die-hard Macross fans, with a healthy pocket book :rolleyes: .

Any pics, at least mock-ups or something, VF-1James? :mellow:

Will all the yellow paint be reflective in the dark when you shine a light source on it? As seen in the scene with Hikaru and Minmay trapped in the SDF-1's engine block.

Edited by mechatek

Any pics, at least mock-ups or something, VF-1James? :mellow:

342230[/snapback]

No, not yet. I haven't actually seen the final product yet actually :p . I was just told this morning that it is pretty much ready to go though, and that I'd get pictures next week. I'm excited, and just want to let you guys know that it's coming. After months, it's finally creeping into view of the finish line. Just wanted to let you guys know, so you can start planning your finances. I've already paid for mine (I've sent him more than enough), so I am just trying to get it out there to other people now (that was the agreement I made with him). So next week, we should see a fully-assembled, finalized (I hope!) Major Roy Focker in his flight suit. I'm sooooo looking forward to it- the anticipation is just killing me.

Edited by VF-1James

this should come with a 1/48 vf/vt/1d/ or other not another re-release and the figure as a bonus.

i'm doing what i can to collect the VFs that i need I'm not ready for 1/6 figures at $250 each. They could make a 1/55 VT OR VE or VF1D etc...

Hey guys, I'm just saying it's on the way. Soon enough, we'll all get to see pics of it. All I know right now is that it's coming. Hopefully this Friday, but probably next week some time. I want to get the word out, that's all. Like I said, I promised the guy I would. Also, the price is just my guess, and has no relation to reality really. It's just that with these sorts of things costing so much nowadays (have you seen how much Medicom's stuff costs?), I just made a guess. Afterall, all of this had to be sculpted by somebody, and this is not a big run or something, but a small business that is making a very limited run for collectors that want them. So don't expect a Toy's R Us kind of price tag on these.

Also, we're going with the Volks Neo Guy body for the Roy figure. As cool as the Medicom RAH body is, I think the Volks one is better- plus it comes in tan, which Roy really needs to be, right? The RAH body does not come in any variation that I know of. Anyway, just wait till you see them. You'll have to buy the body yourself though, as he's just selling the parts, the suit, and the heads (not sure how he's going to do it yet). So I guess you could go with whatever body you wanted, but the parts are being made for the Neo Guy (for Roy). Hikaru is going to use the Obitsu (slim) male body. So they should look good next to each other. We'll just see: For sure, I'll post pictures as soon as I get them, so watch for it.

More news:

First of all, the images are being delayed :( ... Or course, does anything ever actually come out when you expect it to? Seems everything I look forward to always gets pushed back. Oh well, I'm used to it by now.

I guess the guy is trying to add LED lights to the uniform. I wonder what that means? Where would he put them? Probably in the backpack and maybe in the chest computer- he could possibly put them in the shoulder armor as well. I have no clue, because I was surprised to hear that he was trying this, though he wasn't clear as to where he was trying to add it. I'm looking forward to seeing if this works out.

Grrr... He said he doesn't want to do the height modification to the body, because it's too much work, and not worth it. I told him (as I keep telling him) that it is worth it, and that Roy MUST be taller than Hikaru. I am also using the fact that only die-hard fans will be buying the figure as leverage with him- telling him we only want the best. So we'll see what happens with this. I had an idea this morning; instead of resculpting the legs, he could add an extender peice, much like Medicom's "Real Action Hero" base body comes with. I want Roy to be at least an inch taller, so he better be <_< .

That's all for now. I want pictures, pictures, pictures! Everybody save your money for this (that is, everybody that's interested). He said the suits are completed as well, so I guess he's just waiting on the recast parts to come back from the factory, and then he'll show me. Need that piece for the legs though, or I don't think you guys will want this figure- am I right?

Too bad the crap ass licensing issue exists.

Otherwise, I would suggest approaching Sideshow Collectibles about doing this. They did the 12inch Connor Macleod figure, and are doing the Kurgan as well. And they are making the Kurgan figure 13 inches since he's a tall mofo like Roy.

Ah well... :(

Then again, I wonder if you could use a 13 inch Kurgan figure with Roy's parts?.

I guess the guy is trying to add LED lights to the uniform.

Grrr...  He said he doesn't want to do the height modification to the body, because it's too much work, and not worth it. 

344709[/snapback]

So he's adding pointless LED lights to the uniform and not doing something that you actually want?! Doesn't sound like he's giving you what you want. Sounds like a punk to me.

I guess the guy is trying to add LED lights to the uniform.

Grrr...  He said he doesn't want to do the height modification to the body, because it's too much work, and not worth it. 

344709[/snapback]

So he's adding pointless LED lights to the uniform and not doing something that you actually want?! Doesn't sound like he's giving you what you want. Sounds like a punk to me.

344735[/snapback]

It would seem that way, yeah :lol: .