3rd Party Decal/Sticker Advice

bbarr97

Howdy,

I am in the market for some 3rd party decals or stickers for my 1/48's. I noticed that their are two brands. One made by "takatoys" and "Anasazi37".

I respect both their works but I have no idea what the difference between the two decal sheets are. I already assume both sheets are very nice but I am sure their are differences in the two and was wondering what opinions various memebers have on the sheets?

Thanks for the help,

Brad

Having used both, I can tell you that they are both spectacular.

It really comes down to which sheets you like more based on their content. They are of equal quality.

I personally, have more experience with Anasazi37's decals, and they are awesome.

From a customer service standpoint, both guys rock too.

So...I don't think I helped you much to choose one or the other, but either way you go, you will be very happy.

One important thing.... Takatoys makes stickers, and Ansazi makes waterslide decals. I've done up two set of the Takatoys stickers, and they are fantastic. I've got a set of Ansazi's decals awaiting the valk they are for in the mail. Both have to be cut with a knife, so you'll need to do that yourself, and make sure you are careful and have lots of clean sharp blades.

Which set would you say is more sturdy/durable? If decals are done right (i.e. painted over with decal clear coat) they typically last a very long time but that requires some painting.

Then again, stickers start to curl.

I guess here is the two questions I have.

1. Which is more durable?

2. Are there any little details different between the two?

Thanks for all the help everyone.

Well, I've found that the stickers do curl and such with excess handling of the toy because they don't sit flush with the surface. If you use some decal setting solution and then seal with a varnish, your decals will definetaly be more durable... I'll know for sure after I try out the decal set... there are other people here who've used the decals, hopefully one of them will chime in here....

One important thing.... Takatoys makes stickers, and Ansazi makes waterslide decals.

330020[/snapback]

I believe that Ansazi also offeres stickers upon request.

Could be wrong though.

H

Edited by Hurin

The best thing to do, if you're debating between the content of our sets, is to look at the preview pics posted in the store section of tmpanime.com. We took different approaches in terms of content. I went with a Hasegawa-inspired design theme while Takatoys tends to stay closer to what Yamato offers on the original sticker sheets. Both styles seem to keep people around here pretty happy. :D

Please feel free to check out my entire catalog. I have almost 70 sets available now. Whew! Also, please PM me if you have any specific questions.

Edited by Anasazi37

Thanks anasazi37

The best thing to do, if you're debating between the content of our sets, is to look at the preview pics posted in the store section of tmpanime.com.  We took different approaches in terms of content.  I went with a Hasegawa-inspired design theme while Takatoys tends to stay closer to what Yamato offers on the original sticker sheets.  Both styles seem to keep people around here pretty happy. :D

Please feel free to check out my entire catalog.  I have almost 70 sets available now.  Whew!  Also, please PM me if you have any specific questions.

330074[/snapback]

• 4 months later...

Hi all. So now that valk exchange is gone, i looked to tmp to buy them takatoy stickers,but they're all sold out. Same goes for the anzasi decals that i want.

Does takatoys himself/themselves sell the stickers directly?

Anzasi, i can buy stuff off you directly, no?

Yes, you can place orders with me directly.

Hi all. So now that valk exchange is gone,  i looked to tmp to buy them takatoy stickers,but they're all sold out. Same goes for the anzasi decals that i want.

Does takatoys himself/themselves sell the stickers directly?

Anzasi, i can buy stuff off you directly, no?

363929[/snapback]

I have used both sets and they are excellent.

Kudos to Anasazi for making a custom set for me (and being patient when I took forever to pay him after some minor early-life crises). :)

• 3 weeks later...

Im having trouble deciding wether should i go for decals in terms of realism and conformity or just stickera as a better alternative to that of yamato. As for preference of choice, it would be Devin's stickers /decals.

Now, the question is has anyone used Devin's (Anasazi37) stickers on their 1/48s? How translucent and clear are the edges surrounding the details when pasted onto a colored surface as compared to yamato's (Yes i know it aint comparable with of a decal :) )? How strong is the adhesive strength of the stickers? Is the sticker sheet of the make 3M same as what takatoys uses?

Hope you guys can provide me some insight on this matter, pictures would very much be appreciated. :)

Tks for the help and assistance

Edited by recon