I'm seraching for a Mospeada picture

danth

D'oh...I'm searching for a picture (I can't edit the mispelled title...). I have book called Invid Invasion somewhere but I can't find it. On the back cover of this book is a beautiful Mospeada painting of Ray & Mint (Rand & Annie) on the back of a Armo-bike (Cyclone), and in the background is a towering Legioss armo-soldier (Alpha Fighter). I have a tiny version of this picture but I'm looking for a larger image. Can anyone help me with this?

Here's the tiny version:

post-1886-1127094208_thumb.jpg

Edited by danth

Through some strange twist of fate, I have that book. Even though I don't play RPGs.

Scanning now.

329607[/snapback]

You are my hero, JB0.

And yellowlightman, it's definitely Japanese. As for the actual artist, I'm not sure, but maybe the upcoming scan will have a signature.

Scan completed. Alas, it is unsigned.

More than likely, the sig was under the wedge they cut out.

And this QBerting board software doesn't let me upload my QBerting picture... From Mozilla OR MSIE.

Pass me an e-mail address and I'll be glad to send it along.

Never mind, I'm stupid.

Still can't upload to the board, but I have a freebie web site thingie I can upload it to.

Gods, my upload sucks...

Well, that was more effort than I expected, but it is done.

http://home.ezzysurf.com/jb0/images/BackOfBook.jpg

Be warned, it is huge.

Edited by JB0

Well, that was more effort than I expected, but it is done.

http://home.ezzysurf.com/jb0/images/BackOfBook.jpg

Be warned, it is huge.

329610[/snapback]

Yay! You're the best JB0!

I wonder if the unadulterated image exists somewhere, without the bottom wedge removed.

329616[/snapback]

No problem. Not like I had anythign better to do with my time. And it makes it a less than complete waste of six bucks(Half-Price Books).

Umm... alot of books have the cover art and illustrations credited in the front of the book with the copyright material. Also the publishers can be contacted about such information and have no real reasons to not tell you, well unless they stole the work for their use.

329821[/snapback]

It's a licensed Robotech book, which meant they had access to Japanese art work but I seriously doubt they knew who drew what. Considering the art would have gone from Artmic/Tatsunoko -> Harmony Gold -> Palladium Books, contacting Palladium (especially since they no longer have the Robotech license) wouldn't be the best place to start.

Easiest way would be to find the Japanese artbook(s) with the piece in it and start from there and translate.

The results of an ISBN search

http://dogbert.abebooks.com/servlet/Search...&SID=0916211282

Cover by: Keith Parkinson (THE Keith Parkinson!?! if it is then he's certainly capable of the level that was on the books back)

Illustrations by: Kevin Siembieda, Alex Marciniszyn, Randi Carter, Steven Sheiring, Kevin Long

Oh and just because RT has it's roots in anime doesn't mean that it was a Japanese artist. It's actually a little naive to think so. Just because you might have access to it doesn't mean that it got used. And going to the publisher is ALWAYS the best place to look if your trying to find out information on a book. Doesn't matter is they have the license in question or not.

The results of an ISBN search

http://dogbert.abebooks.com/servlet/Search...&SID=0916211282

Cover by: Keith Parkinson (THE Keith Parkinson!?! if it is then he's certainly capable of the level that was on the books back)

Illustrations by: Kevin Siembieda, Alex Marciniszyn, Randi Carter, Steven Sheiring, Kevin Long

Oh and just because RT has it's roots in anime doesn't mean that it was a Japanese artist. It's actually a little naive to think so. Just because you might have access to it doesn't mean that it got used. And going to the publisher is ALWAYS the best place to look if your trying to find out information on a book. Doesn't matter is they have the license in question or not.

329829[/snapback]

The cover to the Invid Invasion sourcebook was done by Kevin Long. Interior art was done by Kevin Siembieda and Kevin Long, no credit is given for the back cover so it's safe to assume it's Japanese.

Furthermore, it's safe to assume that even if Palladium DID know who did the back cover, 17 years later they've no doubt forgotten. Not to mention, Palladium's poor grasp of the Japanese source material is so legendary I seriously doubt they ever knew.

I think it already has the Mospeada Logo :

329702[/snapback]

Ha! I was thinking the same damn thing!

329839[/snapback]

I guarantee that's Japanese art. I've seen it as a poster with Japanese writing on it. I doubt they'd steal from Palladium Books several years after Mospeada left the airwaves.

D'oh...I'm searching for a picture (I can't edit the mispelled title...). I have book called Invid Invasion somewhere but I can't find it. On the back cover of this book is a beautiful Mospeada painting of Ray & Mint (Rand & Annie) on the back of a Armo-bike (Cyclone), and in the background is a towering Legioss armo-soldier (Alpha Fighter). I have a tiny version of this picture but I'm looking for a larger image. Can anyone help me with this?

This is original Japanese art. I have seen it as a Mospeada poster and later it was re-released by Harmony Gold as a promo poster and by Comico as a full sized poster. The Japanese poster is basically the same, though I can't remember exactly where I saw it.

It was also used on the cover of Magazine for Anime and Hobby Fan: Mospeada No. 2. That cover is the only place to see the full picture with Rook and Yellow in the bottom left corner.

Magazine For Anime and Hobby Fans No 2

This is original Japanese art. I have seen it as a Mospeada poster and later it was re-released by Harmony Gold as a promo poster and by Comico as a full sized poster. The Japanese poster is basically the same, though I can't remember exactly where I saw it.

It was also used on the cover of Magazine for Anime and Hobby Fan: Mospeada No. 2. That cover is the only place to see the full picture with Rook and Yellow in the bottom left corner.

Magazine For Anime and Hobby Fans No 2

330416[/snapback]

Okay, it was bothering me that I couldn't remember where I saw the Mospeada poster of this, but I looked where I thought I saw it and it was in the Yahoo Japan Auctions thread: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...hl=poster&st=20

The picture was already cropped when HG used it as a poster. The Magazine for Anime and Hobby Fan: Mospeada No. 2 is the only place to find the full picture.