MGS 4 : Guns of the Patriots

wolfx

Only downside I see is that it's the 40 gig model. Thought they were supposed to be packing in with 80 gig models? Regardless of the game included, seems like a gyp for that factor.

Japan one was 40GB. The regular bundle does contain a "normal" 80GB. This is the same as the Japanese one, nothing different. And it's a limited item anyways, so the only people buying it, "want" it and will be willing to pay. Pricey yes, but it's no different than the Japanese bundle which was also pricey. and still a 40GB also.

The real rip off begins when people start hawking them on ebay for the MGS fans that couldn't get one online when it goes on sale.

So I tried to preorder the gunmetal one off the konami site, and couldn't even get in! There were so many people that it I was stuck at the pre order page for like ever. Then a few hours later it just says the site is temporarily unavailable. Great....

Saw that one coming. There is a number you can call though. I couldn't get in this morning either. I never tried the number because I was at work and it was busy, plus I was trying to order from my phone on EDGE. OH well, we'll see what happens.

saweet! I tried and tried last night and I finally got in on one! Even though it was for someone else, that gives me hope for one! lol. I'ma try again today since they're taking more preorders today. So we'll see! ^_^

well looks like I was able to get one today. It seems they are putting a certain number a day so it gives everybody an opportunity to pick one up. I wonder how many they are making of these? Anyway, they are planning on making more available tomorrow. Buy it! ^_^

It's been confirmed as BD and overexageration.

I think some people juste can't seem to grasp the passing of time. Hell the same article breaking the news says MGS2 had 45 minutes cutsenes. Come on, the longest cutscene in MGS2 was like 15-20 minutes at most and came near the end.

I know time is relative, and the way Metal Gear Solid blend gameplay and cutscenes can blur the boundaries between each, but t's just ridiculous.

-Sergorn

I can't wait!

Excuse me but I'm going to poke an eye ball with a fork. I'll then be going out in the dead of night to follow people around.

Just as long as you remember to join us this time when you play online. SMS is 3 members strong so far! :)

Just as long as you remember to join us this time when you play online. SMS is 3 members strong so far! :)

Yay 3 members! I'm not sure if the gamestop I pre-ordered at is having a midnight release or not, but if it is I'm torn on wether or not to go. I'm just not sure I could stand around outside at 12 at night like an idiot waiting for a game, although it would be worth it to get MGS4.

Edited by dizman

argh! you guys suck! I'm stuck at school that week and won't pick up my PS3/MGS4 bundle until I get back the 13th!!!!!!!!! Then I have to work two days, but I'll be off three after that, so it'll be all MGS4 for three days.

Someone let me know how the headset feels, I didn't like any of my Motorola H500/H800/H900 headsets, I'm currently using a Jabra BT5020 with my phone and I'll probably use it with the PS3 as well, no wait, I still need it for phone calls, I'll use my spare BT5020 as my PS3 dedicated headset.

Well reviews are starting to pop up everywhere. I've only seen 2 so far and 1 incomplete. Gamepro gave it a 5.00 out of 5.00 declaring one of the best games ever made, Play Station Magazine gave it 5 out of 5 stars (its psm magazine, what else did you expect) and the reviewer said that it was one of his top 10 favorite games, and Electronic Gaming Monthly was holding off a full reveiw till it was released but gave a few complaints such as it had no quick cover system like GOW(since all games have to be the same now) and the game didnt always feel like a sneaking game. Sounds like we may have a hit on our hands. Oh and LESS THAN 2 WEEKS TO GO :lol: !

Edited by dizman

I can understand auto-locking, I use it, and I'm not ashamed. But quick-cover is one of the laziest things I've ever seen in a gane. If you can't be bothered to play enough to jump out of the way of incoming fire, then what the hell!

I really like that the online beta gave a heads-up on the new control scheme though, now I feel comfident enough to play through normal with little problem.

From what i experienced in the online beta, it's definately deserved. it's far tighter a game enigne than GTA IV, which I've had for about a month now, and so far find it more fun to go tooling around town in cars, rather than playing through the meh missions.

Yeah but we all know that no matter how good MGS4 is GTA4 will get numerous amounts of "Game of The Year" awards. It's how the game industry seem to work these days, the most hyped game wins. Anyways the beta was quite impressive and with all the good reviews I'm no longer worried about it being a letdown.

Wait a sec... there's going to be an SMS group for MGO? If so, that would be awesome and I would love to sign up! ^^ Just waitin' for my pre-order of MGS4... which will be a dream come next week! :p