How do you remove a action figure from its blister

seriously... very carefully. Bend the card enough not to crease it as to expose one edge of the plastic. Once the edge of the plastic is above the cardboard get a fingernail or something else underneath it and ply gently. There's gonna be tearing, there has to be, but do it super slow and you'll keep it to a minimum. That works for Toynami poseables at least.... not that i"m worried about them becoming collectable but i like to have a place to store toys.

Which is more important? The card or the plastic?

For me the card, so with scalpel in hand I cut close to the bottom of the "wall" along three sides, normally top/right/bottom, and I can open the packaging without damaging the card and only damaging the plastic enough to allow access/possible reaccess.

But that's me.

you TEAR THEM APART with greedy abandon! :p I used to keep all my figure backing cards, but recently I chucked em all out. Nothing like a purge every once in a while.

What I usually do is to cut a hatch at the bottom of the blister packaging. Then you can pull out the plastic tray from the packaging with ease and put it back without damaging the blister pack much. ;)

look at the plastic blister first. You can usually use a scalple/knife to cut the bottomw and right+left sides creating a natural type flap. Card is ok and toy should come out easily. You can put toy back in blister at a later date if you wish and tape the blister back in place. Most people don't do it this way as it takes up a lot more storage space than a stack of just the cards. I have found it useful to do at first in case I want to reseale the toy as I can always cut the rest of the blister off later. I've only bothered "re-blistering" 1 toy so far... a factory defective spawn figure that displayed much better on card than in pile :blink: .

For me the card, so with scalpel in hand I cut close to the bottom of the "wall" along three sides, normally top/right/bottom, and I can open the packaging without damaging the card and only damaging the plastic enough to allow access/possible reaccess.

Ditto.... this is what I do with my Iron Man animated series figures.... cut top and sides so that it can flap open forwards.... just watch out because the edges can be sharp!