1/48+FP's, 1/60, and 1/72 picture gallery

VF-18S Hornet

My in-flight lineup looks much better now with my new Bandai VF-19S instead of the Fire Valk.

post-4-1101501990_thumb.jpg

Link to my (very) modest valk/macross collection:LINK

Not as substantial as some of you guys (you know you're out there!) but I'm (very) slowly building my collection. :p

An error has occurred.

You do not appear to be the owner of this album.

Make sure you are logged in.

Please push the Back button on your browser to correct this problem.

Thank you.

-Maybe the folder needs to be made public?

My in-flight lineup looks much better now with my new Bandai VF-19S instead of the Fire Valk.

FLY AWAY! FLY AWAY! ........TRY AGAIN! TRY AGAIN!

:lol:

w00ts! Awesome display!

actually there is a way around that create small stands for them to stand on, mine came out nice I just used boxes from my MG and Macross model kits, and it looks great they take up the entire cabinet and it is neat. I have my Gundam Fix set , 1/48 VF-1A and Robotech Alpha in there, as well as a few of the Gundam Mushas on the bottom shelf

Nice idea! I was thinking of getting some transparent stand things....but I think I would have to custom make those.

And very nice collection of GFFs....complete collection with doubles even. If I were you, I'd group all the Sentinels Gundam together. ;)

• 1 month later...
Nice idea! I was thinking of getting some transparent stand things....but I think I would have to custom make those.

And very nice collection of GFFs....complete collection with doubles even. If I were you, I'd group all the Sentinels Gundam together. ;)

thanks i would like to put all of the sentinel stuff together but they are so big and i cannot fit them all in on one shelf, as for the stands check ebay they have tons of acrylic clear stands and small clear boxes for them to stand on, very inexpensive to, i am currently getting ready to get my next Ikea cabinet i highly recommend these for your collection. here is a new pic i know alot of you have these but i just got mine for christmas and felt like taking a picture

My collection of boxed 1/48 VF-1's. Not opening them until I have everything and built the shelf. Should be finishing my collection in a month but due to the damn GBP, I'll probably have to get more Fockers, about 3-4 more than planned. :(

This is in my study.

post-4-1104757590_thumb.jpg

ohhh really nice collection i have heard alot about it, this is the first time i have seen it. what type of cabinet are you using? how much do they cost? by the way do you have only macross stuff in your collection? if not what other things do you have I would love to see pics of you whole collection (macross and non-macross stuff).

Edited by zeo-mare

Error loading last picture...:(

Cheers zeo-mare. Once finished and the shelf is built...I'll put my Mum's china collection and my trophies and medals back in.

The shelf will be custom made, my uncle and I will design it. Sectioned shelves will be made, one with a sky blue background for non-armoured TV valks, red sky and charred earth for unarmoured VFs a la DYRL?, and a space background for all armoured valks. All shelves will be made of glass, as well as the doors. Now, I'm debating whether to have sliding doors or hinged doors. Hinged looked nicer as they don't have the ugly overhang between doors, but are easier to break than sliding doors and it is easier to install and more effective IMO those little locks. I'm open to suggestions though.

EDIT: Those shelves are made by my uncle. Nothing amazing, just simple and solid, it was one of his early projects. Now he's fully equipped and working and building better ones, just in time to build my stuff. :D

I just collect Macross BTW. I didn't look after my transformers well enough to display them now and have nothing good to show anyway. Thanks to Macrossworld <_<;) I was introduced to Yamato's products and thought, I gotta have something of my childhood that I can display and be proud of. Macross is the first thing I seriously got into collecting. And I mean serious. If I did have enough money, I would buy two more of each. One to keep MIB and the other to sell 5-6 years later. And maybe a couple more so that I could rip off parts for repair.

Edited by kensei

Nice collection Kensei and the new display cabinets sound cool. :D The opening door would probably be best for viewing as they would give you a clear view of the collection when closed. A sliding door wouldn't be as clear where the panels meet when closed. Does that make sense? :blink:

Crazy thought I wonder if would be possible to make a kinda garage door type door? When closed, would be like the normal door, but when opening, would save space as would fold up into the cabinet and not stick out... :lol:

As this is a picture thread, here's a snap from my small collection. Apologies for the quality as I used my camera phone.

The figures on the shoulders are a lucky cat and buddah!? Thought it was a cute place to put them. :D

Cheers,

post-4-1104762568_thumb.jpg

:blink: Kensei, you must be rich a live in a very big house, right? :blink:

thats what i was thinking :lol: a very lucky guy.

Well, sliding or swing open doors are just preferences,, it depends on the owner/user. If you have lots of Kids around then you should use the Sliding one so they wouldn't bomp into the doors or injuired themself with it. And depending on where you hang your cabinet you might want to consider what's under it. If it's a areas where you will most likey go up and down like bring stuff up and down, or at a area where you will walk through offen then you should get a sliding door. That way you will never bump your head, or your face. If the shelf is on the bottom then it's better to have swing doors since you can open it all up to place your heavier stuff in there.

So for safey/kids/people that forgot they open the doors,, you should get a sliding door setup. But if you have good memorys, no kids, then it's the swing doors.

The line in the middle don't affect that much on your display.

As for a garage door setup for a display cabinet, it wouldn't work that well. Because the door will have lot of sections, and if you close the cabinet you'll see too much horizontal lines and it will not look good in any room of your house.

Didnt envision the garage door concept in sections like a normal garage door rather say a solid piece of glass / plastic that would lift up and then slide into the top. Hard to describe I guess. Kinda lika having a lcd screen hide away in a car stereo.

Attached picture. First shot, door is closed. Second shot door is opened. 3rd shot door is opened but pushed back into cabinet. A wacky idea!? :lol: might be neat though if could design it.

post-4-1104974440.gif

oh you mean like that,, yeah some garage doors are like that too. But with that there's also a drawback. In order for you to slide the one-piece door in your cabinet it will have to be deep enough for it. If the length of you door is 18inches then your cabinet will have to be 18 inches deep in order to fit that door, and also 18inches in height. So like your pic,, looking from the side it'll look like a square. 18inches might be too deep for a display cabinet. :p

okay everyone just pretty much blew me out of the water... however, here's my collection... I do have the tons of gundam model kits, I just don't have the space to place them in statue form as I used too back in Waukegan IL.

Top Shelf

top.jpg

Underneath the Top Shelf

front.jpg

Left of the Computer

left.jpg

Yes, that is a Pokemon plushy, right next to the wall, 2 official drawings from Kia Asimaya and a poster signed by him... and those are 2 shelves full of official anime videos.

back.jpg

Yes, the poster and the Evangelion figs and TV/movie.

I also have a good TF collection, but they are in storage.

Edited by Dangaioh

great pics, ooh you got the rei eva figure i have been looking all over for :lol: lucky you

great pics, ooh you got the rei eva figure i have been looking all over for :lol:  lucky you

Thanks alot.

The comic shop I bought it from should have some still.

email them here: http://www.coliseumofcomics.com/ , and I bought it at the Fashion Square Mall... almost $30.00.

Be sure to include the picture of what you are looking for via email... however don't use the one I have... it just will not look right, plus it is almost quite hard to see.

Edited by Dangaioh

very nice collection my friend, so when are you going to start working on all those model kits :)

Assuming your talking to me (because I came in on the end of this thread) I plan on assembling my models when my boys get old enough to leave well enough alone and when I stop getting moved from place to place. :)

Assuming your talking to me (because I came in on the end of this thread) I plan on assembling my models when my boys get old enough to leave well enough alone and when I stop getting moved from place to place. :)

how old are they now? something tells me you will not be putting these models together for the next 10 years :p

how old are they now? something tells me you will not be putting these models together for the next 10 years :p

3 and 5 years old. Right now the know to leave daddy's stuff alone when the mail comes (new toy additions) but I'm sure it would be a totally different matter if there was something (with REAL small parts) laying about for weeks or months at a time. I can just see it now, at a critical phase of construction something either comes up missing or mutilated and mystically returned with the ghost known as "Not Me" taking the blame. LOL