Pic of Old School Macross Toys ONLY

Agent-GHQ

Ok - that is really sweet And I don't mean "sweet" as in "suuuwwweeeeeeeet duuude!" but rather sweet as in kitty cats and lolly pops and all those by-gone warm gushy innocent like feelings sweet.

I usually don't really go for these 'Chunky Munkys,' but as a lover of G1 Transformers - much prefer them to the "Alternators," I must say I'm very partial to this...

I guess the thing is that insofar as Transformers have "advanced" technically but moved completely away from being TV accurate (aka Alternators/Binaltech are so totally not show accurate), therefore making the G1s more show accurate than the BTs/Alts ... that is - thankfully - not the case with Macross, where Yamato has actually used new technologies to make the figures perfect transformation and perfectly show/movie accurate...

And I guess that's why Chunky Munkeys hold less of a warm place in my love heart - but still - given that we don't have any 1Ds like this one done by Yamato, I suppose seeing this thing makes me warm and fuzzy...

It's kind of like my 1/60 VE-1 ... I would have probably sold it a long time ago (like I did my 1/72 YF21 and VF-11B) if Yamato did a 1/48 VE.... but since that's not gonna happen...it remains...

Although - truth be told - I will probably hold onto it even if a Perfect Transformation 1/60 is in the works...

Umm..hmm...yeah...sorrry about that long diversion...

Nice 1D...

but it's like one of those sapy nights at the bar, when the girl next to you looks really hot... until you notice she has swing bars on her legs...

no wait - - oh - you know what I mean!

VFTF1

but it's like one of those sapy nights at the bar, when the girl next to you looks really hot... until you notice she has swing bars on her legs...

no wait - - oh - you know what I mean!

VFTF1

Now that is just weird man :huh:

:ph34r:

xstoys has a pretty nice custom VF-1D with custom box too. some guy from South America made it. It even has the takatoku texture on the box. but Rick the Hunter does good work. too bad he vanished off the face of the planet.

What is xstoys URL? I did a search and seems there are several companies called xstoys.

Dug it out from the closet. An ancient Taka. Purchased it 11 years ago in Japan at Mandarake. I forget how much I paid at the time. Probably somewhere around 10,000yen. The box and toy had seen better days but at the time I was desperate to have one. I think I did well at the time. It still had the gun and clip plus all the joints were (and still are) tight. Love the "click-click-click" sound it makes when playing with it!

takavf-1-0.jpg

takavf1-1.jpg

takavf-1-2.jpg

Edited by Vifam7

Dug it out from the closet. An ancient Taka. Purchased it 11 years ago in Japan at Mandarake. I forget how much I paid at the time. Probably somewhere around 10,000yen. The box and toy had seen better days but at the time I was desperate to have one. I think I did well at the time. It still had the gun and clip plus all the joints were (and still are) tight. Love the "click-click-click" sound it makes when playing with it!

takavf-1-0.jpg

takavf1-1.jpg

takavf-1-2.jpg

Now not a good time to say how much I payed for mine, could have bought another at the same time for the same price.

Great to see them though boxed is best :)

• 2 weeks later...
how do you all afford these things!? I'd love to have some of the old Takatoku Valkyries/Destroids/SDF-1, but I could never have that much money!

A re-issue Bandai 1/55 shouldn't cost you too much money these days. You could get one without the Super parts for less than $100. The ones that come with the Super-parts will cost a bit more.

A re-issue Bandai 1/55 shouldn't cost you too much money these days. You could get one without the Super parts for less than $100. The ones that come with the Super-parts will cost a bit more.

I saw several re-issue Bandai Cannon Fodders for $30 (US) in Sham Shui Po area of Hong Kong, when I was there. I think it was near the Golden Computer Center

I'm in the process of getting a reissue cannon fodder from a member here. However, things like...I dunno...Takatoku Tomahawk, Monster, and the big SDF-1 with all the little aircraft things with it...would cost me a fortune, right?

All those won't cost you too much. Just look for a good deal on evilBay.

A Takatoku Tomahawk wouldn't be as bad as the Takatoku Monster and you could always go the Robotech Matchbox versions if you didn't mind the different paintjobs. If I had to guess, I'd say you're right at about the $700 mark for the items you mentioned give or take $100.

$500 for the SDF-1 seems to be about the going rate but with vintage toys there's so much room for fluctuation. If it's in a great box and looks like it's never been touched it could hit the atmopshere.... or for some reason no one could want it at that moment and you could find it for a steal.

$500 for the SDF-1 seems to be about the going rate but with vintage toys there's so much room for fluctuation. If it's in a great box and looks like it's never been touched it could hit the atmopshere.... or for some reason no one could want it at that moment and you could find it for a steal.

Heh.....I have yet to see one go for that much. Although....I have'nt been watching those that closely......yet.

Here is the bandai trilogy (note that I dont consider the VF-1A Hikaru a part of the trilogy haha)

I MUST HAVE THEM ALL!!!

*DROOOOOOLLLLLL*

Solscud007,

I'm workin on a Strike Valk. I decided to start collecting only the M&M's and Hikky Strike. I still wouln't mind owning a GBP armor or a Super Ostrich. I really dig your Strike JM though. I'd LOVE to get him and the M&M's. Nice collection mate.