Pic of Old School Macross Toys ONLY

Agent-GHQ

Could that be at F&S? I saw the same item, but the guy is unsure on the price.

ya, jay said he doesn't know. I'ma try to get it from him though. haha. :D:p:lol:

Old = Cool

I finally added another vintage toy up on my site. They're not the most glorious toys but I'm sure some of you will recognize them from having thrashed them during your youth.

IPB Image

I recognize the blue one as my first VF-1 Valkyrie, sort of. Mine was the blue Convertors one with gold painted canopy-- still have it, but missing the gunpod and one arm.

Edited by Wicked Ace

• 3 months later...

Hey all, I just recently got refered to this thread...I have plenty of pics of my 1/55's in other threads...but here is a couple of the team thus far.

TheTeam1.jpg

TheTeam2.jpg

Ryan,

Soon, you'll have Max and Milia joining that team :lol:

I can't wait for you too send them...I'm itchin for my other 1A, and 2 1S' to show as well. Then I will need to sell ALOT or save ALOT to get all the FP's and Armor for them. This is murderin my checkbook. :blink:

I just moved back to the US after being stationed in England for 3 years, but I finally manged to complete my 1/55 collection, mostly (I still lack the GBP-1S & VF-1S Giftset, but I have both toys boxed separately). While all the other 1/55 valks are still in transit with my household goods, I finally bit the bullet and paid the price for a minty-white, unused Bandai VT-1 SuperOstrich on eBay (Item number: 300156571275).

Yes, I know the price was very high, but after nearly 12 years of searching, I finally have one in the condition I've always wanted. This is my Macross toy Holy Grail! I will definitely take some pics and post them here once I receive it, but I had to share the news with my fellow Macross fans. BTW, I received two phishing e-mails from people claiming to be the seller of the SuperOstich and asking if I wanted purchase it outside of eBay before the auction closed. I still don't know how they were able to contact me, or what their true purpose was, but I think it was very lame of them to attempt that crap. Anyway, just watch out on eBay, especially if you're in the market for vintage toys.

Edited by Sephiroth

nice score on the VT-1. Dont worry about the price, its something you have always wanted so that should be justification in itself.

ive spent close to that amout before it hurts at first but when you hold the item in your hands or see it in your display cabinet, it makes it all worth while.

I wanted to bid on that auction but I remember reading a thread on here that questioned the seller sirjoogo. Im not really sure whatever came of it but I stayed away simply because if I bought it I wouldve wanted to meet him for pickup which isnt really possible and something he didnt want to do in his auction.

Does anyone else know anything about this? It was an old thread but it was something regarding an elint and not receiving the right toy or something.

Either way it really is a beautiful toy.

I voluntarily separated from the USAF after serving 6 years. Yup, that was the auction.

• 1 month later...

Man, these take me back! :lol:

I had a Bandai VT-1 that my parents bought me when I was a kid around 1985-86, bought when we were over in Japan. ;)

Unfortunately it broke during a move years ago, I can't remember what I did with the pieces after that. :(

• 2 weeks later...
what are these, I had them when I was a kid. Where can I get them?

Those were Takatoku Henkei valks, the only place you can reliably get them is eBay (that I know of). Lots of knocks off were made that are similar though that can be found cheaper.

Here are some new images since I've been updating some of my retro reviews lately -

Bandai%20Elintseeker%2012.jpg

Bandai%201S%20Super%20Battroid.jpg

Paro%20Valk%2018.jpg

Edited by jenius

I just got the clip-on "heatshield" for this Frankenstein'd Hikarufire. :) It's not the coolest toy in the world and looks its age, but I like having it.

pa270004smallpicip1.jpg

pa270005smallpicdh7.jpg

pa270006smallpicnr2.jpg

A buddy gave me this original Bandai 1/55 scale Valkyrie (salvaged from his childhood) in this condition:

headlessbandaichunkymonii1.jpg

Thanks to these members for hooking me up with parts:

sh002 for the Jetfire Armor;

glane21 for the Jetfire head and Bandai gunpod;and

SILVERDRAGON for the clip-on "heatshield" (and Strike Armor which I hope to have time to prep/paint, soon).

WOW!!! Thanks for those everyone they look AWESOME!!! I LOVE THE CHUNKY!!!

NMBM = I HATE YOU!!! (not really)(I would kill for one of those SO's)

Wicked Ace = AWESOME job on that JetFire. I put up a post in the customize section on how to get the whites whiter...can you tell me what you did??? Or do you have a post on that JetFire step by step???

SD = PMing you again mate.

:ph34r:

Hey solscud007, that is a gorgeous Valk! I am very jealous! Someday I too will have one! Someday....

You don't have a Super Chunky Monkey!!! You are not my friend anymore :angry: !!!

I'm just playing Miriya...you know I love you...BUT, You better get a Super Chunky Monkey!!! THAT'S AN ORDER!!! Cause I know you'll love it as much as I do ^_^

You don't have a Super Chunky Monkey!!! You are not my friend anymore :angry: !!!

I'm just playing Miriya...you know I love you...BUT, You better get a Super Chunky Monkey!!! THAT'S AN ORDER!!! Cause I know you'll love it as much as I do ^_^

I know, I used to have a Jetfire, like in 1985 or something. Then I got a beat up jetfire to customize, have not gotten around to it yet, but that one does not have the fast packs super armor. I did get a Bandai reissue 1/55 VF-1A CF which I love a lot and would love to have super parts for it but I have not gotten a proper VF-1 Super yet! I am so behind. I did get the 1980s matchbox SDF-1 though and that kicks ass (although not as much as the Takatoku version which costs massive a$$).

I know, I used to have a Jetfire, like in 1985 or something. Then I got a beat up jetfire to customize, have not gotten around to it yet, but that one does not have the fast packs super armor. I did get a Bandai reissue 1/55 VF-1A CF which I love a lot and would love to have super parts for it but I have not gotten a proper VF-1 Super yet! I am so behind. I did get the 1980s matchbox SDF-1 though and that kicks ass (although not as much as the Takatoku version which costs massive a$).

I have probably seen the pics of your Matchbox...but do not remember....will you post some for me PLEASE :rolleyes: . Yeah....the super is hard to find for a good price. I got REALLY luckey. THANKS Rye!!!

you the valk they have on the back of the takatoku super VF1S, that model/toy would look amazing if it were real...I remember seing the back of the box before i wanted my mom to purchase it awhile back..got excited then when i turned the box around to look at the toy itself.. i suddenly produced a frown and 2nd thoughts on buying one.. ended up buying a blue alpha when I lived in Zurich, Switzerland =(

I have probably seen the pics of your Matchbox...but do not remember....will you post some for me PLEASE :rolleyes: . Yeah....the super is hard to find for a good price. I got REALLY luckey. THANKS Rye!!!

Scorched earth toys review has the best images of them and I am too lazy (and supposed to be working) to take more photos. So check out this link

http://anymoon.com/blog/2006/12/17/matchbo...ku-13000-sdf-1/

Wicked Ace = AWESOME job on that JetFire. I put up a post in the customize section on how to get the whites whiter...can you tell me what you did??? Or do you have a post on that JetFire step by step???

Actually, I didn't do anything to this except attach the Jetfire head and armor to the Hikaru Valkyrie. I haven't (yet) done any painting or whitening.

Actually, I didn't do anything to this except attach the Jetfire head and armor to the Hikaru Valkyrie. I haven't (yet) done any painting or whitening.

Oh.....right on......I was looking at the JetFire before pics and thought you had painted and all that. That is totally cool that you just switched out the heads. That is what I am doing as soon as Skull 1 sends me the JetFire head he said he would. What a nice guy he is. Did you switch out the whole "neck""swivel" attachment as well?