Pic of Old School Macross Toys ONLY

Agent-GHQ

I think i've figured out what was striking me as odd. I think you need to rotate the shoulders around to put the screws down. I think the only other thing that looks different is the position of the launchers on the carriers (I must have mine loaded and you have yours unloaded.... which is probably MUCH smarter... I'm gonna go check on that when I get home). Lots of good comparo pics on pg 2 of this thread.

I'm surprised, even after all these years of wonderful customizing of old skool Mac toys, that no one has ever done a 1/55 VF-1S with "anime correct" chest stripes, that more closely follow the outlines of the shape of the chest plate. One of the only things I didn't like about the look of the original 1/55's. I do like Valkfan's custom Max -1J in the customs gallery; looks like he was going for the same thing w/the chest stripe on that one. Or are there some 1/55 1S's floating around out there with correct stripes that I've missed?

I think i've figured out what was striking me as odd.  I think you need to rotate the shoulders around to put the screws down.  I think the only other thing that looks different is the position of the launchers on the carriers (I must have mine loaded and you have yours unloaded.... which is probably MUCH smarter... I'm gonna go check on that when I get home).  Lots of good comparo pics on pg 2 of this thread.

415339[/snapback]

I have a custom DYRL max type with correct chest stripes on a bandai 1/55. Ill post pics today. The tail fins are drying right now.

Hey so I double-checked, what do you think is better for preservation, should I keep the launchers loaded or unloaded?  I go back and forth.  I think having them unloaded might make more sense....

415972[/snapback]

Definitely unloaded ... don't wanna accidently mess up the springs.

My 2 cents.

:)

• 1 month later...

Saw a VT in a toy store when I was 12/13 years old...I didn't pick it up, because I thought the head looked funny. :wacko:

You did what! What I would give to be in your shoes. I loved Macross toys but never came across any Takatoku or Bandai. ;)

Edited by Agent-GHQ

• 2 months later...

got to love those elintseekers!

one boxed (box not mint), complete valkyrie but with some stickers applied, one loose incomplete pretty rundown, and a final one loose w/o box complete. :lol:

and also a yellowed VT-1(boy they sure yellow fast :unsure: )

Hey if you ever want to trade a boxed ostrich for an Elint let me know

• 2 weeks later...

nice pix! I see your missing the max 1A though. ;) Nice review though and yes, the JM Roy is the only one with the greenish fast packs while all other fastpacks were blue.

That's a nice colletion you've got there. What will the other stripped valks become?

Out of the 9 stripped valks, a few of them will become DYRL movie valks. As for the rest, I may actually offer them here for sale or trade. They're already stripped and I've already added resin heads and epoxy nose extensions to them that are a lot nicer than stock Bandai nose's. The only reason I'm thinking about doing this is because I'm going to also customize several reissue Hikaru VF-1A's that I have. There just aren't enough hours in the day. :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Here you guys go... it ain't much of a toy but it's definitely OLD SCHOOL:

IPB Image

It's my latest review... I hadn't done anything vintage in a while.

haha, nice. I'm trying to get this one vendor to sell it to me for about 40 bucks new in box. :D:p:lol: