Voltron's getting a movie too?

JB0

Finally some official word. WEP has been saying that they were in the talks for a live action movie. Seems like they are finally making due on their word. With the Toynami toy coming out, dvds currently out in other parts of the world(would be in the US if some of the companies WEP tries to work with would stop being asses and just do what WEP wants or act decently), the new comic that was out(canceled due to sales but not due to quality, damn Devils Due) and new the movie. They've also said a new series would be done as well and if this movie is finally getting the green light then I feel better about the new series. Just hope it has better voice acting then the 80s show. Ugh Pidges voice and Svens are just horrible now that I've seen a copy of one fo the episodes. I didn't remember them being so bad before. Guess I have to get used to them again.

I'm hoping the movie will be somewhat dark in nature but still contain humor.

Just hope it has better voice acting then the 80s show. Ugh Pidges voice and Svens are just horrible now that I've seen a copy of one fo the episodes. I didn't remember them being so bad before.

Funny how things are always better the way you remember them than they are when you see them again.

I'm hoping the movie will be somewhat dark in nature but still contain humor.

I'm hoping they'll focus on what's important and not try to include any "plot" or "character development."

People are going to pay for 90-120 minutes of giant robots kicking ass, and they darn well better get 90-120 minutes of giant robots kicking ass.

Complete with the cliché shouting and overdone combination sequence, too.

If I don't hear someone yell "FORM BLAZING SWORD!" there will be hell to pay.

But like I said, I have absolutely no hope of this coming out decently.

Edited by JB0

Complete with the cliché shouting and overdone combination sequence, too.

If I don't hear someone yell "FORM BLAZING SWORD!" there will be hell to pay.

You couldn't go with the "I'll form the head" joke? :lol:

Why does this look like it is just going to be another Power Rangers Movie...

They should just make a really kick assssssss animated version. Then base a new TV series after the movie.

I really liked VOLTRON as a kid..never missed an episode. However my mom thought it was Satanic... :o

Rob

Why does this look like it is just going to be another Power Rangers Movie...

They should just make a really kick assssssss animated version.  Then base a new TV series after the movie.

I really liked VOLTRON as a kid..never missed an episode.  However my mom thought it was Satanic... :o

Rob

314538[/snapback]

I'm sure my parents did too, after I woke them up at 6 in the morning to ask what a torso was...

Nope. Doesn't surprise me a bit. Anybody else care to take a stab at the most likely TV/film candidates that will be shamelessly re-made and milked for profit in the next 2-3 years? Don't be surprised if you see "coming to a theater near you"

--Green Acres [capitalizing on the new gen of "supercommuters" leaving urban areas for rural living

--I Dream of Genie [if Bewitched turns a profit, this one'll be a natural next pick for exploitation]

--Dirty Harry [don't be surprised to see a would-be Clint Eastwood usurper spouting machismo and bullets at bad guys, this time fundamentalist terrorists, with the occaisonal bank robbers sprinkled in]

--another cop/rescue show based adventure flick. Probably with stiff actors, one-dimensional plot merely serving to tie together bunches of scenes with big stuff exploding.

--with comic based movies apparently beginning to turn good box office numbers, we're sure to be inundated with at least 3-5 more. Rather than take a risk on anything new or different, Hollywood's sure to play the "sure thing" and recycle yet another already-seen story. Besides the obligatory Spiderman, X-Men, and now F4 sequels, any takers on what else may come? Green Hornet? Isn't Ghost Rider already in post production? Oh yeah, almost forgot Superman *groan* --Oh yeah, the "Vendetta" film mentioned in another thread appears to be the exception.

Any guesses? predictions?

Edited by reddsun1

--with comic based movies apparently beginning to turn good box office numbers, we're sure to be inundated with at least 3-5 more.  Rather than take a risk on anything new or different, Hollywood's sure to play the "sure thing" and recycle yet another already-seen story.  Besides the obligatory Spiderman, X-Men, and now F4 sequels, any takers on what else may come?  Green Hornet?  Isn't Ghost Rider already in post production?  Oh yeah, almost forgot Superman  *groan* 

Well, I know we likely WON'T be getting a Captain America movie. He's too patriotic. It's not "cool" to be proud of America.

But they're supposed to be doing an IronMan movie.

And powered armor is always good, right?

Personally, I want to see one and only one cartoon recycled onto the big screen.

That cartoon is ... Captain N: The Game Master.

Mainly so I can laugh at the licensing nightmare.

Well, I know we likely WON'T be getting a Captain America movie. He's too patriotic. It's not "cool" to be proud of America.

But they could always downplay him by making an Avengers movie.

But they're supposed to be doing an IronMan movie.

And powered armor is always good, right?

Business man puts on kick ass high-tech armor, then procedes to shoot lasers at a dragon, a dude that hits things with a whip, and a green Chinese guy with a jewelry fetish.

Works for me.

with comic based movies apparently beginning to turn good box office numbers, we're sure to be inundated with at least 3-5 more. Rather than take a risk on anything new or different, Hollywood's sure to play the "sure thing" and recycle yet another already-seen story. Besides the obligatory Spiderman, X-Men, and now F4 sequels, any takers on what else may come? Green Hornet? Isn't Ghost Rider already in post production? Oh yeah, almost forgot Superman *groan* --Oh yeah, the "Vendetta" film mentioned in another thread appears to be the exception.

I think Wonder Woman is an all but done deal. I also heard they were making a Green Lantern movie (and oddly enough, that it was going to be a Mask-style comedy starring Jack Black). If Superman and Wonder Woman do well enough, I'd say the Flash is also a likely canidate.

On the Marvel side of things, well, after Ghost Rider and Iron Man, they're going to be running low on characters. There'd be the aforementioned Avengers and the Silver Surfer, before they'd be scraping the bottom of the barrel for Deathlok, Morbius, Luke Cage, Arana, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, and the like.

Avi Arad already made his intentions known about making a Captain America movie... he said that next from Spidey, The Cap is their most popular character.

http://www.mtv.com/shared/movies/interview...rad_avi_062005/

And after Spidey's return? Well, this is when things begin to get a bit fuzzy in the Marvel production slate, but one thing is certain: The company will soon begin making its own movies. In a groundbreaking deal, Paramount will distribute up to 10 of those films, including "Captain America" and "Nick Fury."
Edited by >EXO<

Some of these movie idea think-tanks need to pull their heads out of their own asses and catch a nice fresh whiff of air. I think they should be punished and forced to stare at Agent One while he flexes for about an hour. That ought to set them straight. :ph34r:

Funny how things are always better the way you remember them than they are when you see them again.

Like the 1978 Battlestar Galactica.....loved it when I was 5...seeing it in 2004 was....painful. Long live the new one.

Personally, I want to see one and only one cartoon recycled onto the big screen.

314550[/snapback]

Complete with a midget Mega Man and a metrosexual Simon Belmont? That would be a laugh. Still, I just wish they would leave these things alone. Have not yet recovered from the last Voltron venture.....

--with comic based movies apparently beginning to turn good box office numbers, we're sure to be inundated with at least 3-5 more.  Rather than take a risk on anything new or different, Hollywood's sure to play the "sure thing" and recycle yet another already-seen story.  Besides the obligatory Spiderman, X-Men, and now F4 sequels, any takers on what else may come?  Green Hornet?  Isn't Ghost Rider already in post production?  Oh yeah, almost forgot Superman  *groan* 

314550[/snapback]

I dunno... I feel that in the comics they've done a very good job of keeping him modern and in touch. Cap has always been one of my favorites and I'm not even American. I think a new Cap movie would be great... The character has a lot of potential.

Lion Voltron was the one with lions. The 15 piece version is actually Vehicle Voltron. There are three teams in the vehicles, Air, Sea, and Land. All together they made up Voltron. Reason given for so many in the show was due to how complex creating a machine like Voltron was. That many people were needed, where as the Lion Voltron didn't need so many due to advance the Lion version was. Makes sense when I think about it. Though don't recall what the reason was in the original Japanese version of the series that makes up Vehicle Voltron.

The third robot I think might be somethign called the Abgess or something like that. The toy was released but don't believe WEP ever used the series as a part of Voltron. They just used the two original series that made up Lion Voltron and Vehicle Voltron and then went back and had new episodes for Lion Voltron made to continue that part of the story.

That third robot was made up of three other robots. Just three pilots all together. Story wise and animation wise I don't think they used it cause it wouldn't have fit but the original series for LV and VV seemed to work pretty well together.

Edited by Effect

Lion Voltron was the one with lions. The 15 piece version is actually Vehicle Voltron. There are three teams in the vehicles, Air, Sea, and Land. All together they made up Voltron. Reason given for so many in the show was due to how complex creating a machine like Voltron was. That many people were needed, where as the Lion Voltron didn't need so many due to advance the Lion version was. Makes sense when I think about it.  Though don't recall what the reason was in the original Japanese version of the series that makes up Vehicle Voltron.

The third robot I think might be somethign called the Abgess or something like that. The toy was released but don't believe WEP ever used the series as a part of Voltron. They just used the two original series that made up Lion Voltron and Vehicle Voltron and then went back and had new episodes for Lion Voltron made to continue that part of the story.

That third robot was made up of three other robots. Just three pilots all together. Story wise and animation wise I don't think they used it cause it wouldn't have fit but the original series for LV and VV seemed to work pretty well together.

314738[/snapback]

Yes the third one but not as Voltron (forgot the name) Black, Blue & Red robots form into one roboto.

--with comic based movies apparently beginning to turn good box office numbers, we're sure to be inundated with at least 3-5 more.  Rather than take a risk on anything new or different, Hollywood's sure to play the "sure thing" and recycle yet another already-seen story.  Besides the obligatory Spiderman, X-Men, and now F4 sequels, any takers on what else may come?  Green Hornet?  Isn't Ghost Rider already in post production?  Oh yeah, almost forgot Superman  *groan*  --Oh yeah, the "Vendetta" film mentioned in another thread appears to be the exception.

314546[/snapback]

Actually I think Avi Arad said that he was trying to make a Captain America movie...another one I mean.

I can't see Voltron as a live action... as the lions it'll look stupid, but as a sword swinging giant robot, it's just ridiculous... the cartoons were fine as it was, especially for a 13 year old.

But just incase I'm gonna grab as much of those toynamis toys and sell them when it comes out... :lol:

Let's all just start guessing as to who will be picked to direct!  :p

John Woo?

314844[/snapback]

Rob Cohen. His glitzy hyperedited style would blend perfectly with some over-the-top robot action. He could even do a shot where the camera spins around Voltron, then inside where it follows a single electron though Voltron's wiring before finally exiting thru the sword just as Voltron swings it. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Lion Voltron was the one with lions. The 15 piece version is actually Vehicle Voltron. There are three teams in the vehicles, Air, Sea, and Land. All together they made up Voltron. Reason given for so many in the show was due to how complex creating a machine like Voltron was. That many people were needed, where as the Lion Voltron didn't need so many due to advance the Lion version was. Makes sense when I think about it.  Though don't recall what the reason was in the original Japanese version of the series that makes up Vehicle Voltron.

314738[/snapback]

The reason is that they did the same thing as they did with the robotech cartoon. Anime had shorter runs so they had to mesh series that had nothing to do with each other.

314550[/snapback]

I'd actually like to see something like that. A live version of Princess Lana might prove to be entertaining...

314550[/snapback]

I'd actually like to see something like that. A live version of Princess Lana might prove to be entertaining...

318935[/snapback]

Oh, most definitely. With the right casting, she might be reason enough to watch the thing all on her own.