Decal refrence library

jorawar_b

How many people would like to see this added on  

27 members have voted

1. 1. How many people would like to see this added on

• 1. Yes it would be cool.
    • 2. No its a waste of time

Hey guys, I don't know how to make decals, but I thought it might be nice to see if we could make a library of decals, so this way if a fellow macross fan needed a reference to see what decals came with what kit, it might help them out. I had scanned a few copies of my Tread decals and sent them to people as reference points.

I was also thinking that we could add a step to step guide on how to make decals or custom decals to make our kits stand out.

Just an idea.

Edited by jorawar_b

The library idea is, I think, a good one, but as far as I know in order to make your own decals one needs access to an ALPS printer.

I know that there are decal sheets out there for use with 'inkjet' printers but I thought that one of the problems with that idea is that inkjet printers can't print the colour white as they don't have any white ink ( which, I believe, is something one needs to make decals.)

Perhaps I'm wrong here, but I don't know of anyone who has actually made their own decals using anything but an ALPS printer.

Anyone who knows different care to chime in?

I think the reference library is a good idea, because if in the future there is a way to make the decals, then we as a community can have access and help one another out, I am ready to get out all my decals and scan them.

So if anyone has any ideas of what type of format to make, then by all means please add your input, this is a whole macrossworld members project. So lets see if we can get some good ideas going on how to set up a page in this forum.

I think its a good idea. Not having access to an alps printer is ok. Just take te file to a Kinkos or oter universal printer service. It may cost litle but it beats having to find that rare kit or scavenge decals from somewhere else. They could also be printed out in a dry transfer format.

Kinko's prints in white?

I think its a good idea. Not having access to an alps printer is ok. Just take te file to a Kinkos or oter universal printer service. It may cost  litle but it beats having to find that rare kit or scavenge decals from somewhere else. They could also be printed out in a dry transfer format.

314315[/snapback]

Hey guys, I don't know how to make decals, but I thought it might be nice to see if we could make a library of decals, so this way if a fellow macross fan needed a reference to see what decals came with what kit, it might help them out. I had scanned a few copies of my Tread decals and sent them to people as reference points.

I was also thinking that we could add a step to step guide on how to make decals or custom decals to make our kits stand out.

Just an idea.

314257[/snapback]

Good idea, but I think the masses don't agree with us...

Yes it would be cool. 14,400,000

No its a waste of time. 21,200,000

:blink:

taoy are in for a bit more of a fight. Toys atill win but search macross model VS macross toy MODEL 250,000 TOY 277,000. almost an even match. Just proves that more people buy toys than posess the skills to build models.

I've been meaning to put together a step-by-step decal production guide for over three years now. There are not enough hours in the day, though.... I've pretty much tried every home-brewed method imaginable, including taking my designs to Kinko's. Each one has positives and negatives when it comes to cost, ease of production, print quality, and durability.

I might approach Shawn or Graham about adding a decal production "how to" section to the main site. That is, once I have something written.... :unsure:

nightmare... ya know we're just kidding ya. Grayson and I love to bash the Toy-Boys. I own two yamatos, but I don't like to admit that :p

314683[/snapback]

What!? traitor in our midst :lol:

nightmare... ya know we're just kidding ya. Grayson and I love to bash the Toy-Boys. I own two yamatos, but I don't like to admit that :p

314683[/snapback]

What!? traitor in our midst :lol:

314705[/snapback]

Burn him! Burn him!