need pics from VF-9 Cutlass and VF-14 Vampire

akt_m

Wich version of the Vampire? The final, M3 version or the earlier Macross 7 version? I believe mahq lists them as two seperate Valkyries, but that's not totally correct.

Either way, I believe most people just reuse the art found in the Design Works book, and other than screenshots from M3 or M7, that's all I can think of.

What are most of these obscure ones from? They aren't in animation, so where are they from?

This should explain for you the original concept for the designs

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/transl...cedvalkyrie.htm

later on, Kawamori used these designs first as an inspiration for the Vartua mecha seen in Macross 7, then they were actually portrayed in the so so Dreamcast game, Macross M3

So the Vampire is a later variatian of the VF-14 Hunter? Or is it the other way around?

I'm pretty sure that I remember it was called Hunter in Macross M3.

well there are two versions, the VA-14 and the VF-14 Vampire. (this is according to the compendium. It seems that the VF-14 was first designed, however early in its development a parallel zentradi model was developed in parallel, which became the VA line. It had heavier armor, but a more powerful engine, thus preventing a sacrafice in performance.

Edited by Noyhauser

• 3 weeks later...

yeah, according to the compendium, the VF-14 and VA-14 ARE two different machines, just very similar. It's never specified... but I've long had a suspicion that the VA-14 was really more of a testbed for the larger engines that would soon become the standard in fighters like the VF-19 and 22.

• 7 months later...

BUMP!

I was re-watching the M3 clip and realised that Max and Miria were using different mechs at the beginning and ending. (d'oh) At 1st i thought they were using the VF-4 throughout but wondered why the VF-4's battroid looked really weird at the end. Then it occured to me it wasn't the VF-4. :lol:

Was about to start a new topic when i found this thread. I was feeling confused watching the video. Took some screenshots:

The clearest animated form a VF-4 battroid we're ever gonna get:

macrossm31.jpgmacrossm327.jpg

Cutlass in fighter mode, mid transformation and gerwalk mode:

cutlass8.jpgcutlass13.jpgcutlass40.jpg

And the Vampire causing me confusion. Its fighter mode looks somewhat like the variable Glaug.

vf-1415.jpgvf-1437.jpg

The whole mecha lineup. WTF? VF-4 doesn't look like that?! :lol: Now i'm the wiser. Stupid me.

m30.jpg

Whoever wants the full sequence of pictures , good enough to make an animated gif or flash can get it here.

http://s9.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2QFPZUDLGHKX0364GAUAOJTBI8

Edited by wolfx

The top two pics aren't of the VF-4, they look like the VF-5000B.

377811[/snapback]

Geh?! Even more confuzzled. No wonder it doesn't quite look like a VF-4 in battroid mode.

That means in that opening scene where i'm quite sure Max was using the VF-4, Miria wasn't using the VF-4. Gotta go home to check later.

Whitedrewcarrey:

In a way it looks kinda cute, almost like a JM. I'm not really fond of the newer VFs with the cockpit as the head though. Was the VF-9 called the VF-X-11 during prototype as described by MAHQ?

The top two pics aren't of the VF-4, they look like the VF-5000B.

377811[/snapback]

Geh?! Even more confuzzled. No wonder it doesn't quite look like a VF-4 in battroid mode.

That means in that opening scene where i'm quite sure Max was using the VF-4, Miria wasn't using the VF-4. Gotta go home to check later.

Whitedrewcarrey:

In a way it looks kinda cute, almost like a JM. I'm not really fond of the newer VFs with the cockpit as the head though. Was the VF-9 called the VF-X-11 during prototype as described by MAHQ?

377846[/snapback]

I don't think any of them use the cockpit as the head. They have an obnoxious folding nosecone that buries it inside the chest, though.

Oh, what i meant was I didn't like the designs where the nosecone of the air craft forms the head making them look like pinheads.

In fact the VF-9's head isn't the nosecone but it still has a pointy head.

:rolleyes:

Oh, what i meant was I didn't like the designs where the nosecone of the air craft forms the head making them look like pinheads.

In fact the VF-9's head isn't the nosecone but it still has a pointy head.

:rolleyes:

377928[/snapback]

Ah. The Pope-heads!

They do look goofy.

Actually, the VF-9's cockpit is in roughly the same place as the VF-1. It doesn't have a heat shield, though. Instead, the two forward canards fold over the cockpit.

378042[/snapback]

Not the canards, the wings.

I´d love to build a model of the VF-9, all the lineart in The Kawamori Design book plus all the great pics contain almost enough info to do it, just: where the heck is the location of the nosewheel? The VF-X-10 has a bulge under the cockpit and there is enoughspace for the gear, but the VF-9 has the "shoulder" gunpod in its place. Does the gear really retract INTO the gunpod? There is a sketch of the FV-9 that shows the tire right under the pod but no gear struts are shown.

Are there any views in the game where you can see a VF-9 with the gear down?