• 1 month later...

Loved the climax of The End of Time part one. It was one of the best I've seen, and I've seen em all.

The part where Dalton and the Time Lords appeared had the hair on the back of my neck standing on end. Well done!

Taksraven

Edited by taksraven

Loved the climax of The End of Time part one. It was one of the best I've seen, and I've seen em all.

The part where Dalton and the Time Lords appeared had the hair on the back of my neck standing on end. Well done!

Taksraven

Did the Time Lords orchestrate this hole thing and that was why Master wound up at the end of the Universe as a fail safe in order to create a new time lord Race?

Are they all Timelords, or just Masters Ugly face and mind on all the people?

Edited by miles316

Happy Who Year!

http://blogtorwho.blogspot.com/2010/01/201...es-trailer.html

Watching this made me giddy with anticipation. I love Tennant and I will miss him dearly, but I'm eager to see more of Smith. Nice to see the angel/statue creatures back, too. :D

after watching that,i kind of feel i can adapt to smith quite quickly,Tennant will be missed indeed he certainly brang his charm to the doctor.

Was always going to be looking at Doc Eleven with an open mind without jumping to conclusions, but based on his little bit in TEoT2 and this trailer I think The Moff could be onto a winner.

normaldwseries5trailer2.jpg

Shades of Ace and her baseball bat in Rememberance? Fantastic.

Edited by Aladdin Sane

Was always going to be looking at Doc Eleven with an open mind without jumping to conclusions, but based on his little bit in TEoT2 and this trailer I think The Moff could be onto a winner.

normaldwseries5trailer2.jpg

Shades of Ace and her baseball bat in Rememberance? Fantastic.

Why the hell does it look like that Dalek is dressed up like a soldier though?? Even with a canteen??

Taksraven

Why the hell does it look like that Dalek is dressed up like a soldier though?? Even with a canteen??

Taksraven

Haha. Y'know, I hadn't really noticed that.

Well as far as I know it's set in World War 2, though I don't know why that'd necessitate Daleks with webbing. I don't imagine it'd be all that useful with those plungers.

Haha. Y'know, I hadn't really noticed that.

Well as far as I know it's set in World War 2, though I don't know why that'd necessitate Daleks with webbing. I don't imagine it'd be all that useful with those plungers.

As Aladdin Sane states, its long been rumoured that one of new series episodes will be set in World War II. I can think of a number of reasons why a Dalek would be wearing that gear, but don't want to mention them for fear of accidentally spoiling story elements if by some miracle I turn out to be right. As to the hammer - it might be a little homage to a scene in "Remembrance of the Daleks" when Ace famously takes out a Dalek with a baseball bat... :lol:

Edit - oh, sorry, Aladdin, didn't notice you'd mentioned it already...!

Detail spotters may also wish to look out for the TARDIS interior in the preview - the decorators have been in... ;)

Edited by F-ZeroOne

• 2 months later...

Matt Smith has been giving a few interviews lately, this one suggests that yes, they might just have found a good 'un to play the Doctor:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/201...r-who-interview

"This is my cat Timmy who's no longer with us," he says, giving a guided tour of his trailer walls. "My mate Timmy. I can't tell you, man, I luuuuurved that cat. He got to 18. He had a really good innings, that's why I was so attached to him. He was called the godfather of the street because he was a bigggggg cat. I'm totally going to have a Mini Egg, if that's all right." He digs into my packet and munches away. "Ah, it's like heaven in your mouth." [1]

[1] Do you have Mini Eggs in the US? They're little chocolate eggs coated in a hard sugar shell. They are, indeed, heaven in the mouth.

Matt Smith has been giving a few interviews lately, this one suggests that yes, they might just have found a good 'un to play the Doctor:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/201...r-who-interview

"This is my cat Timmy who's no longer with us," he says, giving a guided tour of his trailer walls. "My mate Timmy. I can't tell you, man, I luuuuurved that cat. He got to 18. He had a really good innings, that's why I was so attached to him. He was called the godfather of the street because he was a bigggggg cat. I'm totally going to have a Mini Egg, if that's all right." He digs into my packet and munches away. "Ah, it's like heaven in your mouth." [1]

[1] Do you have Mini Eggs in the US? They're little chocolate eggs coated in a hard sugar shell. They are, indeed, heaven in the mouth.

Ha! He sounds like a hoot. I'm very much looking forward to the new season/series.

As for Mini Eggs, if they're the ones made by Cadbury then yes, we have them in the US. Typically only during Easter season though. They used to be heaven in the mouth for me and I looked forward to them every year, but this year Cadbury started putting PGPR in the ingredients (cocoa butter substitute) and now they taste like ass. :(

Ha! He sounds like a hoot. I'm very much looking forward to the new season/series.

I'm sure that as a new Doctor he will be fine. But I suspect that there will be quite a few Tennant fans who will have it in for him.

Taksraven

As for Mini Eggs, if they're the ones made by Cadbury then yes, we have them in the US. Typically only during Easter season though. They used to be heaven in the mouth for me and I looked forward to them every year, but this year Cadbury started putting PGPR in the ingredients (cocoa butter substitute) and now they taste like ass. :(

Okay; just to make clear it was specifically the Cadburys ones I was thinking of, rather than "Brand X sugar coated small chocolate eggs". They used to be an Easter only thing here, too, but now Easter tends to start just before Christmas...!

Its been a while since I had some, might have to buy a packet to see if they've started putting in false ingredients here too...

I'm sure that as a new Doctor he will be fine. But I suspect that there will be quite a few Tennant fans who will have it in for him.

Taksraven

Its going to be a bit of a struggle, obviously, but then thats been the burden for every new Doctor; its just that the show is so much of a higher profile now. Its a bit early to say, but going by what I've seen of him so far and how he comes across in the media, I also think hes going to do well...

They used to be heaven in the mouth for me and I looked forward to them every year, but this year Cadbury started putting PGPR in the ingredients (cocoa butter substitute) and now they taste like ass. :(

Could this be the start of things to come now that Kraft own Cadburys. One of my American friends says that Snickers and other bars available over here and in the U.S.A taste different, he prefers the U.K taste.

Could this be the start of things to come now that Kraft own Cadburys. One of my American friends says that Snickers and other bars available over here and in the U.S.A taste different, he prefers the U.K taste.

Probably. Hersheys, Mars, all of the big candy companies are using PGPR in more and more stuff. I'm sure most people don't notice the difference, but it leaves a distinct foul aftertaste for me (which I noticed before I knew anything about PGPR). Profit is the driving force behind it. Manufacturers can make more money selling cocoa butter to the cosmetics industry than they can using it in chocolate, and they're even trying to get the definition of what constitutes chocolate changed in the US so they don't have to use any cocoa butter at all. I have no idea what the health implications of PGPR are, it could be healthy for all I know. The problem is that it just doesn't taste good. But that's just me. If the majority of people's taste buds agree then they'll vote with their money and stop buying stuff with PGPR in it. If they don't notice or don't care, then PGPR is here to stay.

To keep this on topic, the whole thing reminds me of the Who episode with the Adipose. We need the good Doctor to investigate PGPR and find out what it really is. :lol:

Edited by eriku

Could always stick to Liquorice Allsorts.

Oh. Wait...

250px-The_Kandy_Man.jpg

I'm sure Kraft has long since captured that poor creature and are currently finding exciting new ways to synthesize and use the space-chemicals they extract from it. :p

Could always stick to Liquorice Allsorts.

Oh. Wait...

250px-The_Kandy_Man.jpg

Yeah, from the days when the "Classic series" of Who was really in the crapper. They nearly got into trouble with that monster too, when it was claimed that it too closely resembled "bertie Bassett" (see below)

0685332.jpg

I think they had a kind of execution chamber which filled with hot caramel (or similar) and somehow the Kandy man got melted by the contents of that.

Oddly enough, I always found that thing a fairly scary monster - possibly because Bertie Bassett is such a well known UK character, and the idea of a homicidal Bertie just resonates with us a bit more...

I think they had a kind of execution chamber which filled with hot caramel (or similar) and somehow the Kandy man got melted by the contents of that.

Oddly enough, I always found that thing a fairly scary monster - possibly because Bertie Bassett is such a well known UK character, and the idea of a homicidal Bertie just resonates with us a bit more...

Yeah, a huge miscalculation in a show that does depend on its international market, a monster with essentially no relevance outside the UK.

Taksraven