I think that you all may want to go to

http://www.tv-ark.org.uk/

It has loads of stuff on the oldies from right back to the 60's, pictures and videos, all types of programs are included even the news and channel i dents.

It is at the moment mostly U.K stuff but this is o.k seeing as how the U.K imports a lot of its t.v anyhow. The international section is growing though.

Some tasters

buttonmoon1986-a.jpg Valkyrie Nut just for you.

dangermouse1983-a.jpg Where would the world be without D.M Mickey's slightly hard James Bond like cousin

chorltonandthewheelies1976-a.jpg My favorite. The best a slightly fat friendly dragon with a Yorkshire-esq accent who just wanted everyone to be friends.

bananaman1983-a.jpg all together ..... ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rentaghost1975-a.jpg The oposite to Ghostbusters, Live in a house without Ghosts, then you can hire some.

Not forgetting the likes of the Clangers, Bagpuss and Willo the Wisp these programs have already got a masive cult status, and you can get them on DVD :) they are excellent for when you come home from the pub after an night on the wobble juice.

I miss Banana man and Danger Mouse (I grew up with those). <sigh>

• 2 weeks later...

Possible cast and enemy for David Tennants final story as Dr Who. Nothing confirmed yet, sounds like a bit of an educated guess to me. Usual spoiler warning, don't read if you don't want to know......

The Sun is reporting that in David Tennant's final story as the Doctor, he will be accompanied by Billie Piper as Rose, Freema Agyeman as Martha and Catherine Tate as Donna. According to the tabloid, the three companions will face off against John Simm, returning as the Master.

Taksraven

I believe that it was already confirmed that the final DT story would be

set on Mars.

I am a little skeptical about the above rumour.

They did discuss the

Mars

rumours recently. Possibly

Ice Warriors or maybe Sutekh

? Who knows?

I think its still all up in the air....

Taksraven

BTW, is it my imagination or does the new Doctor look Emo? A total jump from the Tom Baker era. Hmmmmm... Maybe he'll be similar to William Hartnel or Patrick Troutan (spelling?)

Yeah he probably blames his parents for all that is wrong in his life and listens to his Ipod too loudly.

Theres a joke going round at the moment that, with a possible new companion being younger even than the new Doctor, the next regeneration will be a foetus. :)

You mean he his aging backward?

Is the actor that plays Capitan jack from the UK originally because I was watching the BBC America and they showed a preview for "Any dream will do," and he is one of the hosts, and he is still speaking with a American accent? Just out a curiosity.

Edited by miles316

Theres a joke going round at the moment that, with a possible new companion being younger even than the new Doctor, the next regeneration will be a foetus. :)

I think that what a lot of the older die-hard Doctor Who fans either refuse to realise or ignore is the fact that in the last 4-5 years there has been a major gender-shift in the fanbase for the show and this is having an impact on things like casting.

Prior to the revival, I think that most of Doctor Who's fanbase was predominantly male, but since 2005 and the introduction of Billie Piper as Rose and David Tennant as the Doctor the show has picked up a LOT of female fans, esp. teenage girls. (My daughter loves Tennant and is shattered that he is leaving)

I think that this shift in the fanbase more than anything else has led to Matt Smith being cast as the new Doctor. And a lot of the older, die-hard fans are upset as a result.

Personally, I am just happy that the show is still running and will continue to support it as long as it doesn't turn into crap like it did in the late 1980's.

Taksraven

According to Wikipedia, he was born in Scotland. Like David Tennant, that probably makes him multi-accented. :) He has dual UK/US citizenship. You might recall the season 2 episode with Queen Victoria, Tennants Scottish accent was his actual native accent (just as Patrick Stewarts native Yorkshire burr can be heard in the dub of Steamboy)...

I've got no problem personally with a younger Doctor Who. And no problem with more females, either. :)

Edited by F-ZeroOne

You mean he his aging backward?

Is the actor that plays Capitan jack from the UK originally because I was watching the BBC America and they showed a preview for "Any dream will do," and he is one of the hosts, and he is still speaking with a American accent? Just out a curiosity.

"John Scot Barrowman (born 11 March 1967) is a Scottish-born actor, singer, dancer, musical performer and media personality, with dual citizenship in the UK and the US[1], currently based in England."

There is this thing called Wikipedia. :p;)

Taksraven

"John Scot Barrowman (born 11 March 1967) is a Scottish-born actor, singer, dancer, musical performer and media personality, with dual citizenship in the UK and the US[1], currently based in England."

There is this thing called Wikipedia. :p;)

Taksraven

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Some photos of the next, next Who special have been released; I think fans of a certain third season two-parter are going to be somewhat pleased...! :)

Edit: this is a pretty big spoiler, so on reflection I think I'd better add don't follow the link unless you want to spoil a surprise!

Edited by F-ZeroOne

Some photos of the next, next Who special have been released; I think fans of a certain third season two-parter are going to be somewhat pleased...! :)

Edit: this is a pretty big spoiler, so on reflection I think I'd better add don't follow the link unless you want to spoil a surprise!

Pretty big spoiler but pretty cool.

Human Nature 2

, eh......

Taksraven

Seeing the trailer for Planet of the Dead last night on BBC1 I and my Other half imediately said oh its Pitch black but with a Time Lord and a London bus.

Be interesting to see if they have a Vin Diesel alike in there for good measure :)

Eaither way its all good

David Tennant could sit there for half an hour going Wibble bibble and it would still be great.

Edited by big F

Trailer for the new K9 series. (Sorry, I don't think he deserves his own thread)

I knew that it was going to look cheap and shabby but I didn't think it was going to look THIS cheap and shabby.

Taksraven

• 3 weeks later...

I just NetFlixed the new Dr.Who series and I'm really, really enjoying it so far. I avoided for the longest time because I was convinced that I wouldn't like it (even though it generally gets great reviews) but after realizing I needed to put something in queue I went for it. I haven't gotten to season 2 yet so I'm still on the ninth doctor and I have to say I'm not looking forward to seeing him go. I know it goes against Who lore and most people probably would disagree, including Christopher Eccleston, but I would actually like it if they found a way to bring him back after DT leaves the series. :p

That said, how are the toys for this series? I've seen a few of them here and there but not many stores carry them around here. I'd love to get a figure of the Ninth Doctor but I can't find him outside of Ebay.

I can't vouch for the "new" series figures, but I have a Tom Baker "Classic" Doctor Who. Although poseability is perhaps a little limited compared to, say, modern Star Wars figures, as a recreation of the character - and having briefly met Mr. Baker - it is absolutely spot on, to an uncanny degree. You can see my review (and, er, improvised background :) ) here:

http://www.collectiondx.com/review/2008/the_fourth_doctor

Although new Who has its faults on occasion (I admire greatly Russell T. Davies for what hes done for the series - its worth remembering that except among fans "Doctor Who" was often media short-hand for "cheap wobbly SF watched by nerds" in the UK before the re-launch - but he does get a bit carried away sometimes). The Tennant run also includes some of the best Who episodes that have probably ever been made...

Incidentally, latest media rumour has it that the new, new Doctor could be facing off against a female guest star already very well known to SF fans - lets just say, I want to believe... :)

Edited by F-ZeroOne

Aw man, I'm so out of the loop I didn't know there was such a nice Baker figure out! He's my favorite Doctor (yes, typical) so I'll have to track one of those down. Great review!

And am I correct in translating your rumor as

Gillian Anderson

? Wow.

Edited by eriku

Yep. :)

However, take all UK mass media reports about Doctor Who with a pinch of salt. They were also virtually certain that the next Who would be the guy who played the government agent in Serenity and that Sir Ben Kingsley would be in the fourth series. Accuracy is not their forte. Or even their fifthte. :lol:

Yep. :)

However, take all UK mass media reports about Doctor Who with a pinch of salt. They were also virtually certain that the next Who would be the guy who played the government agent in Serenity and that Sir Ben Kingsley would be in the fourth series. Accuracy is not their forte. Or even their fifthte. :lol:

You mean the black guy that beet the Frake out of Malcolm two times in the film.

I just NetFlixed the new Dr.Who series and I'm really, really enjoying it so far. I avoided for the longest time because I was convinced that I wouldn't like it (even though it generally gets great reviews) but after realizing I needed to put something in queue I went for it. I haven't gotten to season 2 yet so I'm still on the ninth doctor and I have to say I'm not looking forward to seeing him go. I know it goes against Who lore and most people probably would disagree, including Christopher Eccleston, but I would actually like it if they found a way to bring him back after DT leaves the series. :p

I am not surprised that you are enjoying the new Who. Christopher Eccleston is now one of my absolute favourite Doctors. He did such a good job that its a real shame that he left the series so quickly. Another season with him would have been perfect. I think that Tennant is brilliant too, mind you, but it would have been good to have a little bit more of the 9th Doctor.

That said, how are the toys for this series? I've seen a few of them here and there but not many stores carry them around here. I'd love to get a figure of the Ninth Doctor but I can't find him outside of Ebay.

Toys for this series are now great. Since it restarted merchandising has taken off in a BIG way and you can get figurines of just about every character. Dr Who fans have never had it so good.

Taksraven

Toys for this series are now great. Since it restarted merchandising has taken off in a BIG way and you can get figurines of just about every character. Dr Who fans have never had it so good.

Taksraven

I've got a figure of the Ninth Doctor on the way, looking forward to it! I think I'm going to track down that set with the Tenth Doctor and two remote control Daleks, too. Maybe a Cyberman, a Slitheen, the lady who is nothing but a face stretched on a rack...damn it all.

I have a question about the DVDs...is there a good place to get the season sets for a reasonable price? I know they're imports but I'm having a hard time accepting the price tags on them. I came across Season 2 the other day at a store and got excited until I saw it was $89. :wacko:

Are there any plans for a domestic release of the show?

I have a question about the DVDs...is there a good place to get the season sets for a reasonable price? I know they're imports but I'm having a hard time accepting the price tags on them. I came across Season 2 the other day at a store and got excited until I saw it was $89. :wacko:

Are there any plans for a domestic release of the show?

That is the domestic release. For some odd reason, the BBC DVD releases are unusually high in the States. Kind of brings back memories of buying anime on VHS at $40 a pop for just two episodes.

On another note, I get most of my TV series from Columbia House. They have all the new series sets at half price.

Kind of brings back memories of buying anime on VHS at $40 a pop for just two episodes.

On another note, I get most of my TV series from Columbia House. They have all the new series sets at half price.

Heh, that's what I thought too. There were so many anime tapes I wanted back in the early 90's that I just couldn't afford.

I guess I'll just suck it up and accept the price of the DVDs. At least they're cheaper than Yammies. :D

Heh, that's what I thought too. There were so many anime tapes I wanted back in the early 90's that I just couldn't afford.

I guess I'll just suck it up and accept the price of the DVDs. At least they're cheaper than Yammies. :D

Unfortunately Dr Who DVD's always seem to be selling at premium prices. I guess they know that a lot of the fanbase can afford it so why drop the price. Its pretty rude actually, especially since the quality of the Season boxsets has dropped a bit since they started. (Looks over at the cyberman head attached to the box for season 2 and sighs)

Taksraven

Unfortunately Dr Who DVD's always seem to be selling at premium prices. I guess they know that a lot of the fanbase can afford it so why drop the price. Its pretty rude actually, especially since the quality of the Season boxsets has dropped a bit since they started. (Looks over at the cyberman head attached to the box for season 2 and sighs)

Taksraven

:blink::blink:

You need to be in Pom world they are selling cheaply here in the local superstores, like Tesco and Sainsbury's.

• 4 weeks later...

Matt Smith has his companion:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8073734.stm

In other news, David Tennant is confirmed to be making a guest appearance as the Doctor in junior Who spin off The Sarah Jane Adventures, whilst a UK newspaper was reporting that a "Who movie, starring Tennant, is in the works with a script being prepared". You might want to note that last one tends to come round more often than the tax man... :)

Edited by F-ZeroOne