FAST PACKS ARE COOL

pfunk

Just recieved my fastpacks yesterday (1/48 of course) and even the ol' lady was like whoo. I cant wait to take some paint to em I was thinking of drybrushing the nozzles flat black and doing a wash on the rest of the parts (Cheng style). Is anyone having trouble with the single micro-missles holding in?, Mine seem to fall out quite easily. I still think I'm going to stick with one set,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,OK, maybe 2

Just recieved my fastpacks yesterday (1/48 of course) and even the ol' lady was like whoo. I cant wait to take some paint to em I was thinking of drybrushing the nozzles flat black and doing a wash on the rest of the parts (Cheng style). Is anyone having trouble with the single micro-missles holding in?, Mine seem to fall out quite easily. I still think I'm going to stick with one set,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,OK, maybe 2

Yes, they are pretty spiffy. I think everyone is having problems with the single-type micromissles not staying put. I've made it a little better sanding a little bit of excess plastic on the little nubs they connect to, but there's still one missle pack that just doesn't want to stay in place.

I think wm cheng mentioned to me that a little dab of Elmer's glue inside the groove (of the individual micro missles) should keep them in place. B)

Thats a great idea, that way it wont perminantly attach.

I'm really debating getting another set and painting them up for the low-vis. I would try to match the colors the same as the plane, I think that would look killer :)

Just recieved my 6 sets

"And on the 8th day, Yamato - by the order of the Holy Froating head - created the Fastpacks"

Beautiful Baby!!!!

First one to be outfitted with them is my 1S, no stickers yet

Man,...it looks like it can kick a**

there are some nitpicks but I'll browse/post them in the "What's wrong..."

topic

No offense intended, but... Those things look like crap on the Bulky Lee!

I'm glad I passed. I hope the TV version is a different color (like black or deep gray).

Edited by Skull-1

To keep the single micro missiles on the FP you can simply apply a small piece of double contact tape on the small hole of the missile. Not the thick one, the THIN double contact tape. It will solve your problem without using crazy glue, and will still be remobable.

Hope it helps somebody. :blink:

I just put fast packs of my Roy 1/48, and it looks outstanding in battroid with them on. My question is, how do you guys get them to stay balanced in battroid. I've leaned him forward as best I can and he still leans backwards. I stood him up against the wall to correct that, but it's wierd since there are a plenty of shots of guys posing theirs freestanding. Are my legs loose?

I can forgive the extreme top-heaviness, since they are oh so sweet looking.

Even in the regular Fast Pack colors, they look good on the Low-vis to me.

No offense intended, but...  Those things look like crap on the Bulky Lee!

I'm glad I passed.  I hope the TV version is a different color (like black or deep gray).

You are glad you passed them?

Iam Glad I did not.

Poor you! :p

no doubt, I keep finding more details the more i check them out thiese things are friggin best thing since sliced butter :lol::p

While the fast packs are very cool...here it comes...

Yamato took a solid fighter mode and turned into a somewhat floppy mess. By this I mean the arms don't stay up and the gunpod is very loose when connected to the arm armor. I have four sets of armor and they are all like this when they are on the Hikaru VF-1A and Roy VF-1S.

Plus the double RMS-1 missiles are always falling off(either off the wing or its own attatchment). Got tired of that and just glued them onto the attatchment.

Overall I do like the FP armor alot but these two issues kind of bug me.

Yes, they are pretty spiffy. I think everyone is having problems with the single-type micromissles not staying put. I've made it a little better sanding a little bit of excess plastic on the little nubs they connect to, but there's still one missle pack that just doesn't want to stay in place.

I had that problem too getting my fast pack set up for my VF-1S. Went smoothly for the other set for VF-1A though

I just put fast packs of my Roy 1/48, and it looks outstanding in battroid with them on.  My question is, how do you guys get them to stay balanced in battroid.  I've leaned him forward as best I can and he still leans backwards.  I stood him up against the wall to correct that, but it's wierd since there are a plenty of shots of guys posing theirs freestanding.  Are my legs loose?

I can forgive the extreme top-heaviness, since they are oh so sweet looking.

Even in the regular Fast Pack colors, they look good on the Low-vis to me.

I know what you mean I stood my VF-1S with all it armor in battroid mode and it started leaning back and forward. So this is what I did, I move one leg forward rotated the hips so the left leg is out more and placed the right leg back as if it is walking or crotching for balance. But man those fast packs are heavy in all modes, I may need to start lifting weights just to handle them better. My 1/48's went from an 3 pound lightweight to 5 to 6 pound heavyweight.

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

Oh yeah! I forgot to mention this in my first post, is that when my fast packs arrived at my job I didn't expect the box to be that big and heavy compared to my 1/48 VF-1's in their packages. I thought the boxes themselves wre to small enoungh to fit at least one in my duffle bag, man was I ever wrong. When I took the booster pack out of the tray it was twice the width of my hand and heavy. But they definately made my VF-1's a whole let better, I feel like a father who was very proud of his son. Considering that they are my babies (Just Kidding)

Sith, that set of pics in Fighter Mode looks pretty good. I wonder if the light is throwing off the others. In all the pictures I have seen (but the ones you just posted) it looks like it clashes horribly.

Oh yeah I also like the way Yamoto made it possible for you to move the thruster nozels up down left and right. I have them facing in the opposite directions of each other similar to what was shown in the later scenes in the beginning of the movie where Hikaru just launches away from the ARMD Carrier.

Just recieved my 6 sets

"And on the 8th day, Yamato - by the order of the Holy Froating head - created the Fastpacks"

Beautiful Baby!!!!

First one to be outfitted with them is my 1S, no stickers yet

Man,...it looks like it can kick a**

there are some nitpicks but I'll browse/post them in the "What's wrong..."

topic

So YOUR the guy killing the supply <_< , how about shipping a couple my way ;)

I need more money before I can order some... I want two sets I think... maybe three.

Hey s_i_t_h.... Your stand there has two different size rods... Did you buy some 6" and some 4"?

hey don't look at me

I bought them at HLJ, which was carrying them in stock longer than the other E-tailers

I also had to wait a month before I got them (including 1/60 VE and VT)

I know, I was just razzing ya. They will make more ;)

Has anyone modified them (wash, ect...) becides WMCheng

:lol: Damn! I couldn't wait so I stickered mine all up, and now it turns out Takatoys is coming out with Stickers made specifically for the FAST packs! Anyone got any good ideas for easily removing the already applied stickers? My girlfriend even noted the difference in quality between the Takatoys stickers I put on my Valkyries, and the stock stickers I had to use for the FAST packs.

I'm also tempted to just Super Glue the micro missles into place, though I might give some other options a try. Alternately, I might super glue in all of the double missle parts and keep the forward two loose. The only reason I can think of to keep the missles loose is so when showing the toys off to a friend you can say, "Yeah, know what else? All of these little guys are REMOVABLE!"

All in all, these FAST packs make an already incredible toy even more incredible. I've had no troubles keeping them together in fighter mode, and aside from having a bad day with my VF-1S (that has not repeated itself since and was most likely my own fault), I've had no troubles in battroid mode.

Yeah these things are great aren't they? I agee the they are as flawless as possible for a toy and w/o a big QC bugs for a change, which is nice. Now they do expose one of the weak points in the 1/48 design (namely the arm locking mechanism, which is weak in standard fighter mode but worse as a Super Valkyrie).

I think they look great on the Low-Viz (especially mine :D ) and just a slight shade darker than the Low-Viz trim markings. IMO, the Low-Viz is what the cannon fodder should have been rather than brown.

As far as the missiles, both micro and RMS, why would anyone use super glue? One, it's permanent, which is just bad, and two it will eat the plastic (which is worse). Third, u can use elmers glue as has been mentioned and it wont damage anything.

Yep, I got to sets, and stickered them right away, well only the main stickers. I couldn't help to sticker one like Roy's, and the other one like Hikaru's. The weird thing is: The Hikaru 1A Have always been my least favorite 1A, but now with the fast packs on, is one of my favorites! OMG!

Mmm, I don't know if I can afford the DYRL Hikaru 1S.. . It's growing on my really fast. I've been always a fan of the TV Vlaks, but there's something about the paint schemes on the movie versions that gets my attention.

vic.

OH MY GOD,

started putting a wash on the fast packs and holy cow it looks awesome. Im going to do 1/2 of it (one side) and show comparison pictures. Should be in a couple of days, thiers a lot to do, more than what I expected. I even took everything apart to do it. BTW if you take them apart, be very carefull around the vernier thrusters, I dont know how they assemble thiese things mass production, gotta be a PITA