VF-1A Stealth Ver

kazuki

Hi, just saw the trailer for the movie 'Stealth' & reminded me of a Battroid Custom I did couple of months back. Here're some pics & gimmicks to share.

1. Re-designed the fist. Notice that all Battroid fist have their thumbs wrong? (see circled area). Nobody clenches their fist like that. The thumb is in 3 segments. Just saw off the 2 segments towards the end, sand the edges straight, then re-glue as needed.

2. Re-did the wing angle. It's quite a waste to keep the wings in. I just bended some three 1mm wires & stuck them on with Super Glue.

3. Eye Visor is painted Green & Red per side. Green for night vision, red for heat infra vision. It's a stealth battroid after all.

4. Dry-brushed the skull emblem with enamel silver, folowed by enamel gold.

post-23-1117643233_thumb.jpg

Very hot! The metalic color and texture reminds me of old-school late-70s mecha like Dunbine and Doughram.

I was thinking the same thing. The wings bent back like that do give it a definite Dunbine look.

Great Job.

Was this all done with metallizers? Airbrush or can?

Wow! That does look great!

Thanks for sharing and welcome to the boards!

I especially like the thumb modification. I know too many mecha models have hands with silly placement or molding.

Keep up the great work!

Very nice! Good mod on the thumb... that always bothers me on mecha toys nad models... it's either in top like that, or clenched in so far it hurts to look at :lol: I really like that paint scheme, and the wing mode is neat as well... can we see some more angle pics?

To Jipe : What's official? I don't get your question.

To nightmareB4macross : All done with Lacquer Metal colors from Airbrush.

To Grayson72 & promethuem5 : Some pics below for you.

To the rest who gave comments : Thank You.

post-23-1117681166_thumb.jpg

One more angle pic. By the way, is it ok to delete the pics from hard drive once I have uploaded them into the forum?

Yes, the image is now living on the MacrossWorld server.

Very nice work ;)

To me, this seems to be in the same style as some of the covers of the Entertainment Bible books.

(I think that's right :huh: )

Anyway, very cool!

Nope, it isn't cannon. Figured it out myself. The thing about Battroids is that it's very hard to modify because the design of the robot makes it so. Unlike Gundams, Battroids are less human shaped & their body segments are so fixed.

Take for instance the knee to ankle part. The whole piece is filled with panel lines & that's all. The feet is a thruster itself. Modify that into a more human feet (like gundam) & the whole thing looks out of place.

I've been thinking about ways to modify a Battroid such that it looks very different but still retain the Macross feel. Macross 2, Lovers Again is the best way to explain my vision.