Yamato Valks Drying Up!?!

Spiff

I have had my head shoved up my new business the last year and I have fallen behind on my Macross purchases. Now that I have cash to spend again I am looking around for the valk's and accessories I want and missed out on. I am not finding them ANYWHERE! Ebay, online stores, and so on are all out of stock. And what is left is going up in price because there are few left.

So I figure that the supply is drying up and then I think well Yamato how about some re-releases!?! I know Yamato has been tight lipped lately but what do you think the chance of re-releases are. Are the warehouses empty and the shelves becoming bare? Will Yamato notice, will Yamato care? I am noticing the lack of supply on quite a few variants and the fast packs. Or~

Am I just panicing? :blink:

Now that I have cash to spend again I am looking around for the valk's and accessories I want and missed out on. I am not finding them ANYWHERE! Ebay, online stores, and so on are all out of stock. And what is left is going up in price because there are few left.

Valkyrie-Exchange has the 1/48 Roy 3rd reissue as well as 1/48 Millia -1J. The prices are pretty reasonable, considering what some of the ebay people are trying to get.

Spiff Posted on May 7 2005, 07:45 PM

So I figure that the supply is drying up and then I think well Yamato how about some re-releases!?! I know Yamato has been tight lipped lately but what do you think the chance of re-releases are. Are the warehouses empty and the shelves becoming bare? Will Yamato notice, will Yamato care? I am noticing the lack of supply on quite a few variants and the fast packs. Or~

Am I just panicing?

I believe GRAHAM had mentioned a couple of weeks ago that the 1/48 GBP might be the last of YAMATO's when it comes to anything MACROSS. So, the possibility of anything being re-released is probably nil :( .

If everything is selling out Yamato would be crazy not to reissue more valks.

I think it is a matter of time. I heard that next year we will see a resurgence of the next popular valk. You don't want to bring out too many things close together.

My wishlist is:

DYRL? FAST Packs

Hikaru VF-1Js (we'll get that with the GBP armour, but I want 12 alone)

and CF (this is going to be released. It's easy. Just a matter of when. I want a Yamato one because I hate paint chipping).

Unlike EXO, I won't be able to hiberate well. I'll just be stickering during the winter I guess.

Guest Bromgrev

Like that's ever stopped a toy manufacturer ... <_<

It will depend on whether Yamato thinks a Re-Issue will sell well again. For those of us who already bought them, may not get anymore, so a re-release may not be worth while for them to do just to accommodate for those who miss out in the past. It will depends whether Yamato will expects a huge demand on it or not. If yes then they might. If not then prob not. Like for me I have been buying quite a few lately, but I don't know whether I would want to get more if all they do is release the same thing. Just my opinion.

Let at least hope that they will reissue the FPs again but I think they actually did at one stage already as my first two FPs had velcro tabs and those I got later on did not have it.

So Kensei and Godzilla, make sure you let Yamato knows there is a demand for Macross still by clearing out all the GBPs as soon as they come out :D

I think it is a matter of time. I heard that next year we will see a resurgence of the next popular valk. You don't want to bring out too many things close together.

My wishlist is:

DYRL? FAST Packs

Hikaru VF-1Js (we'll get that with the GBP armour, but I want 12 alone)

and CF (this is going to be released. It's easy. Just a matter of when. I want a Yamato one because I hate paint chipping).

Unlike EXO, I won't be able to hiberate well. I'll just be stickering during the winter I guess.

Why 12???

WHat do you do with 12??

Any why not 11?

Please explain i just dont get it ;)

Customs. TV Kakizaki, Max and Hikaru VF-1D.

But that only makes 3

What about the other 9? Come on, explain yourself or no Valks for you! :p

Graham

Haha. One in each mode (3 x 3 = 9) and 1 each to be put away MIB (3 x 1 = 3). There...12 total :p:lol: .

Customs. TV Kakizaki, Max and Hikaru VF-1D.

But that only makes 3

What about the other 9? Come on, explain yourself or no Valks for you! :p

Graham

Haha. One in each mode (3 x 3 = 9) and 1 each to be put away MIB (3 x 1 = 3). There...12 total :p:lol: .

Bingo! But the others are to tranofrm repeatedly for playing etc.

Well, they're resissuing the VF-11 with Fast Packs, right? Probably noticed the crazy spike in ebay prices on them. And they reissued the VF-1S 1/48 Roy the third time when the previous issues did the same. So I wouldn't be surprised.

Well, they're resissuing the VF-11 with Fast Packs, right? Probably noticed the crazy spike in ebay prices on them. And they reissued the VF-1S 1/48 Roy the third time when the previous issues did the same. So I wouldn't be surprised.

They'll probably do the same for the low viz :rolleyes: .

Yeah right <_<:unsure::blink::huh::ph34r: .

Well, I think we can look at the 1/60's - Yamato flooded the market with them, and their value dropped like a rock (not to mention alot of the 1/60's went back on the market once the 1/48's came out). They probably learned from that experience, that it's better to undersaturate the market, then oversaturate it - it's always better to have a demand, then there be little to no demand. Then, if they decide to say, rerelease the 1/48 VF-1J Hikaru for the GBP armor release, they can justify it, because not only the people who want the valk for the GBP will be happy, but others who want to buy more valks (kensei, spiff) can purchase some more, and justify to Yamato the cost of either fixing the molds, or making new ones (really depends on how many parts they've made from each mold)...

Well, I think we can look at the 1/60's - Yamato flooded the market with them, and their value dropped like a rock (not to mention alot of the 1/60's went back on the market once the 1/48's came out). They probably learned from that experience, that it's better to undersaturate the market, then oversaturate it - it's always better to have a demand, then there be little to no demand. Then, if they decide to say, rerelease the 1/48 VF-1J Hikaru for the GBP armor release, they can justify it, because not only the people who want the valk for the GBP will be happy, but others who want to buy more valks (kensei, spiff) can purchase some more, and justify to Yamato the cost of either fixing the molds, or making new ones (really depends on how many parts they've made from each mold)...

I sure hope that is true!

I usually only buy one of each and if I really like the variant I try to get two. When I see people with 10+ of a variant or say Fast packs and I have none, it gets to me but I cant complain about their good fortune to be able to purchase so many.

I just hate/envy them for it. :D

So Kensei and Godzilla, make sure you let Yamato knows there is a demand for Macross still by clearing out all the GBPs as soon as they come out  :D

Aye, aye captain! :lol:

No thanks. Only 6 for me. There is not much posing you can do with a GBP.