Serenity Trailer Up!

Gaijin

R. Tam Session 416

This downloadable file just showed up on ifilm.  They claim they got it through a filesharing program, but as of now, no one, not even Universal, claims it.  Rumor has it a part of the marketing blitz, although aimed at the horror crowd.  Some think it's Nathan/Joss in the coat, some don't even think it's Summer.  Either way, River just got a hell of alot more creepifying :ph34r:

321741[/snapback]

:ph34r: Uhmm... yeah... creeepy!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What I don't get is why it took o long for the movie to be released. It's been shown several times since the begining of the summer right? Was that not a finished copy? If not, what was missing?

Chris

Dobber - that is actually part of a marketing scheme developed by Universal. I read an interview with Whedon and basically, they tried to promote the movie using different ideas, in hopes that interest in the movie would expand past the people who'd seen Firefly on DVD or TV.

I think it's been shown something like 75 times already. Probably from "parially finished" test audiences, to "completely finished" marketing screenings.

But the movie's always been scheduled for an early fall release.

EDITED TO ADD:

Here's a link to the interview (no real spoilers) -

http://homepage.mac.com/merussell/iblog/B8...2427/index.html

And it's interesting, Joss also admits that the movie file with Summer was also part of the unique marketing.

Edited by Blaine23

Fiefly marathon on Sci-Fi channel, all day of Firefly this tuesday(tomarrow), Sure it may be the same for most local programming as well. I bring this up for those who never caught it, since I personally never saw an episode till this thread started, I liked it. Loking forward to the movie this friday.

DAMN!!!!!!

I want to talk $hit about how Firelfy sucks and how it'a another crappy sci-fi serie but I will admit that......well, I am hooked!!!!

I hope it does well this weekend beacuse I heard that Josh did a 3 movie deal with Universal if it does well.

It was a damn good series!!!!

p.s. poor Kayless needs some serious loving man!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Yeah, somewhere in Sci-Fi's marathon is a special on the movie hosted by Capt Tightpants himself, my guess it'll be on that evening but I could be wrong. And there's been alot of talk about a trilogy, but it's all rumors. We do know Universal has plans to greenlight another movie if Serenity makes 80 million - twice what it cost to make it, but that's it

Yah, I work tonight, bummer, let us know what you think if u can , give me something to read at work, lol. I can care less about spoilers, but i know other do, so start a new thread maybe, lol.

I have to wait until tomorrow.

332637[/snapback]

thought you would have seen it by now.

332639[/snapback]

in hawaii....no where to see any advanced screenings...

:(

332688[/snapback]

well... I guess that's not a bad place to be stuck at with no screenings... :lol:

I got to see a press screening several weeks ago, and I gotta say I think you guys will be impressed.

I went without having seen the episodes and I was instantly hooked. I had no problems going along with the story ( a friend filled me in on a few things). Of course, I had to instantly rush out and get the boxset after watching Serenity.

Overall, I think Firefly fans will be pleased.