Macross 7 VF-19S

wolfx

I bought 2 of this 2 days ago.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...5969078083&rd=1

After seeeing photos from Macrossworld.....i realise that the ones shown in ebay showed the words "SUPER 7" instead of "MACROSS 7"

bandaivf19ss.jpgMAC01582.jpg

I guess the one on ebay is a bootleg isn't it...... :(

And i got 2 as well..... <_<

Edited by wolfx

That would teach me to pounce on cheap macross stuff without verifying the authienticity 1st.

After payment and shipping address was sent....a day later i was boasting to a friend that i got 2 VF-19S cheap....then he showed me a picture "this one?" which was the original. Then I went back to the auction and realise the seller never stated it was BANDAI who made it....whereas his other auctions clearly state "MADE BY TOYNAMI" "MADE BY KOTOBUKIYA" .....then i think i'm fukked.....checked MW and voila.....i'm never trusting ebay again..... :(

I knew it was too *(&!@(*&!@ good to be true..... <_<

hey..

isnt that bad. considering tis $12.. cant really get the original valks are this price I must say.

Anyway for the bootlegs, the bottom right corner of the box in front actually shows the face of the pilot while the original bandai one shows a bandai logo.

Should be able to tell the diff next time :)

the bootlegs are nice i am currently selling mine of to make room for other stuff. i am not sure how they compare to the original, but i heard that threy were close.

chris

the bootlegs are nice i am currently selling mine of to make room for other stuff. i am not sure how they compare to the original, but i heard that threy were close.

chris

I don't have a boot...but i guess i will soon enuff.... <_<

I have an original reissue fire valkyrie....and its quality is pretty near boot quality.....well not the toy itself...but the design. The materials were pretty ok but nothing to shout about. Bandai screwed up with their macross 7 license.

In any case, i'm sure it can't get any worse considering the originals weren't a "masterpiece" (woah...dual meaning here, mates) to begin with.

And yeah i'm an international bidder so i forked out about 30 bucks for shipping....so it was kinda painful for the pocket. :(

yikes!!! $30 for shipping on that thing?? poor you.... yea... i got a couple of the blazer bootlegs at BotCon last year from some dude selling them for $3 a piece... for that price... well worth it and not a bad toy at all.....

It'll still be fun to fool around with... at least it comes with a sticker sheet that i didnt know how to apply... haha

yup, that's a boot alright. There's two kinds of boots that came out for the vf-19s. The first release, which is the one I bought back in 98, looks exactly like the original except for the wings and the two little wings behind the canopy. The newer one is the same except it has red shoulders. I guess they ran out of grey shoulders and decided to just use the Fire valkyrie's. Other than that, these aren't bad boots. Waaay better than those boots of the 1990 reissue vf-1s valks. Those are pure crap. ;):p:D:lol:

Got it in my mail today. Yeap its the boot...with the wrong colored torso and shoulders to boot.....and the sticker sheet they gave is virtually useless and not the right colors anyway.

Quality wise...i guess its what you'd expect from a boot. The thing is floppy on some parts.....things don't fit pretty well in fighter and gerwalk...but overall i say battroid on this thing is pretty nice looking....i really want an original one now! Who has closeups of the original?

And does the original also have the Speaker Pod in black/grey as opposed to the actual Gunpod?

chris

I don't have a boot...but i guess i will soon enuff.... <_<

I have an original reissue fire valkyrie....and its quality is pretty near boot quality.....well not the toy itself...but the design. The materials were pretty ok but nothing to shout about. Bandai screwed up with their macross 7 license.

In any case, i'm sure it can't get any worse considering the originals weren't a "masterpiece" (woah...dual meaning here, mates) to begin with.

And yeah i'm an international bidder so i forked out about 30 bucks for shipping....so it was kinda painful for the pocket. :(

I had both the bandai 17 and 19. I now have the 17 and 19, fire and blazer, ko's. I was waaaaaay less than impressed with the bandai ones and the boots are close enough for me, especially considering I got all 3 for the price of one of my bandai's. I would highly recommend against getting the bandai fire valk. If you found the ko floppy you won't notice an improvement with the original. I'm a die-hard bandai fan but I gotta say yammie did the 19 soooooooo much better.

Got it in my mail today. Yeap its the boot...with the wrong colored torso and shoulders to boot.....and the sticker sheet they gave is virtually useless and not the right colors anyway.

Quality wise...i guess its what you'd expect from a boot. The thing is floppy on some parts.....things don't fit pretty well in fighter and gerwalk...but overall i say battroid on this thing is pretty nice looking....i really want an original one now! Who has closeups of the original?

And does the original also have the Speaker Pod in black/grey as opposed to the actual Gunpod?

You should go and checkout this website; Valkyrie Factory. :D

Then click on the Macross 7 button, and it'll show you all of the Bandai's Valks and the bootlegs ones, plus the differences between them. B))

Edited by Wheels

welcome back, where have you been?? :p you have not posted in a while i believe

Edited by zeo-mare