MW Significant Others Thread

you guys are lucky, all i get from my GF is headaches and blow j.....

whoops!  wrong forum.  ;)  :lol:

Count yourself lucky. Once you are married with children you don't get many of the second anymore, but lot's of the first.

While we are on the subject, here's some BJ related links. Click if you dare! Yes, they ARE actually worksafe.

Link 1.

Link 2.

Link 3.

Edit in: Damn, the naughty word censor is screwing up link 2. Oh well, just replace the word 'farted' in the URL with the word 'fu*ked', with a 'c' instead of the '*'.

http://fartedgaijin.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11767

Graham

Well, I'm a relative noob on these boards, but I had to put my two cents in.

My wife has been pretty cool about my collection. I think she chalks it up to, "He could have worse hobbies." And that she thinks I'm compensating for the toys I was deprived of as a kid. Which is probably very accurate; although I think I've managed to catch up by now...but I'm not telling her that!

I also have a little one (13 months old) around the house that has somehow managed acquired his own plethora of toys, clothes, and furniture. My collection that is on display has been relegated to two small shelves in the office and the rest is down in the basement in these giant plastic bins. Every so often stuff gets cycled through. One month it's valkryies, next month gundam, next month Star Wars lego, next month SOC...you get the picture.

The truth is I really don't mind and look forward to the day when my little guy can enjoy these toys with me. It'll be a blast!

• 2 weeks later...

I decided to marry my wife after she saw that I was collecting LOTR figures and bought me a gimli for xmas. She doesnt mind that I have my collection as long as it doesnt burden us financially and it stays in the "toy room".

Shes honestly tried to enjoy anime but just isnt into it. Im glad that Im starting to set limits for myself that I dont buy to much and crowd my collection space. im finding anyways that it looks better if the spaceisnt too crowded any way. My wifes father even helped me buil a huge shelf that goes from the floor to the ceiling. so I love them both. Not too many guys can say that about their fathers in law.

I think i belong on the VLB set too. My GF is just as nerdy as i am with Macross. When i firts met her we used to have arguments over Gundam vs. Macross. But after i got her to watch Macross Zero plus givng her a 1/48 Hikaru on her birthday, well she admitted that Macross was waay cooler then Gundam since the whole Robot mode was justified in the series.

My GF is very supportive in my hobbies, everything from Macross, Metal Gear to martial arts, she is just as into it as i am, which i must admit is pretty cool. I mean its a dream to have a GF who actually thinks that the 1/48 is a work of art, instead of the "its just a toy and a waste of money" speach.

It was just recently that my GF bought me the Metal Gear 3 Snake Eater and Metal Gear 3 Snake Eater limited edition guidebooks for me, knowing well she wanted it for herself...she gave it to me. I donno about you guys, but i sure fell a tear.

What can i say...i love my baby girl :)

- Jin

Well, I've been married for 13 loooong years (or as I say foooor-eeeev-eeerrr)

But a big reason for that is because my wife is fantastic.

She is used to my collecting geekdom.

When we were dating she read all of my X-Men comic books so that she could understand what my friends and I were talking about.

When the "new" Star Wars toys started coming out she bought them for me.

I have managed to get a shelf to display my Star Wars figures in the bedroom, but that was pushing it. :lol:

She just insists that I keep everything else in the basement, and she has begun to give me looks when I buy a new model because I haven't built many lately (no time) :(

I keep the Yamato valks kind of on the down low so she doesn't realize how much I've spent on those. She doesn't really enjoy anime, but she doesn't give me any trouble about it. I don't mind having something to enjoy by myself and with my son.

She is very understanding about the geeky things I'm into and she even joins in whenever she likes it too. So I guess I'm one of the Lucky SOBs here too.

They say "Blow Job" on Oprah, yes if I am home early I watch Oprah with my GF.

Hmmm... I'm pretty sure Oprah wasn't one of the things that is "best in life"... Crom might be angry with such girlie ways, A1.

Yes, but CROM approves of Beaver.

Crom also says that one should know his enemy, especially the egotistical, liberal-minded elitist who can have her way on television by saying anything she wants to. (If she can say blow job and penis on live television without being fined while radio personalities like Howard Stern get fined millions for saying the same things she does, then something is wrong here.)

As for me, my girlfriend does not complain at all about the fact I collect anything related to Gunbuster, even at the ridiculous prices they go for because of its rarity. She also puts up with my running my site. She even likes anime. She took me to see Innocence for my birthday and also got me a pre-painted Misato Katsuragi resin statue the same day without my even knowing about it in advance. Then she went through the hell of bidding on a pair of Devil Hunter Yohko art books on Yahoo Japan she knew I wanted and actually won them. I got those for Christmas last year. So, my girlfriend is A-OK in my books. Besides, she can't really harp on my stuff, because she is just as bad, if not worse when it comes to stuff related to medieval times.

Guest Bromgrev

I thank Crom that other men blow their time and money on drink, cars and other women, making me look good in the eyes of my wife because I blow my time and money on RPGs, models and anime ... B))

Crom also says that one should know his enemy, especially the egotistical, liberal-minded elitist who can have her way on television by saying anything she wants to. ...

What makes Oprah a "egotistical, liberal-minded elitist?" Egotistical because she is good at what she does? Explain please.

My girlfriend and I are poor students, so her gifts aren't nearly as lavish but she did give me my favourite valkyrie:

For Valentine's Day, she bought me a Banpresto CF and rigged it such that the battroid was holding flowers in the box. Beat that.

I too have been blessed with a partner who is my best friend, and we share interests; she enjoys Macross, we watch all kinds of anime, and we play lots of videogames together. Her incredible beauty and striking intelligence aren't unnappreciated, either.

I have to say that my wife is real supportive when I started back into my collection, the good thing is we share the collection of Macross stuff, she loves it as much as I do, well to come to find out, my dearest loves Harlock, so when this came up on ebay I had to get it for her

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

and in which she found out I got it, she decided that I need a good pillow pounding which started a hour long pillow fight. and our kidswalking in the room and saying, "Our parents are weird!" in sterio. :lol::lol:

Edited by Goshawk

Crom also says that one should know his enemy, especially the egotistical, liberal-minded elitist who can have her way on television by saying anything she wants to. ...

What makes Oprah a "egotistical, liberal-minded elitist?" Egotistical because she is good at what she does? Explain please.

I can't explain really. I just don't like her. Never have. She reminds me of a lot of the libber elitists I know here in Maryland who think they know everything because they have money and prestige. And I have watched her show. About the only thing good about her I can say is that I liked her performance in The Color Purple. Shoot me.

I can't explain really. I just don't like her. Never have. She reminds me of a lot of the libber elitists I know here in Maryland who think they know everything because they have money and prestige. And I have watched her show. About the only thing good about her I can say is that I liked her performance in The Color Purple. Shoot me.

I CAN feel like sort of a Celene Dion type of elitist thing from her, but its really slight. She does like to talk up all the charity work she does, but over all I don't mind her. Also I think she is a conservative, I credit her for any vote Arnold got from a woman. She supported Arnold BIG time.

My girlfriend is totally awsome. We were at sogen con this weekend and she got me a series two CM as a graduation present. I open it and what should I get, but the exact one I wanted (the minmay that looks like a watercolor) She was so happy that she got me the one I wanted.

It was cute :lol:

the woman doesn't buy me much in the ways of macross but its because i tell her not to. she knows enough about the macross show/movie but not enough about the toys that she wouldn't get ripped off or just buy something i already have. for her, looking at valks is like me looking at her shoes.....they all look the same. 

Oh man, my girlfriend is always complaining that she wants to buy me "my toys" and gets frustrated when I give her no help or direction and insist she does not. Around my birthday or Xmas she'll say things like "you gotta tell me a transformer I can get you." This, in itself, makes me cringe since I only collect Mospeada and Macross stuff. I can just imagine how bad she might get ripped off if I told her to get me one of the items I do need. She also puts up with my ol' college buddies and the stories of the various nefarious deeds we engaged in (although I am hiding the digital photo album just to be nice). Fortunately for me she thinks my love of toys and anime is "cute" so some day I may just have to marry her. Then again, even if she didn't think it was all that cute I don't think I'd let it bother me. After all, to paraphrase Dave Chapelle, I like my toys, but I love P*SSY. :lol: