DYRL VF-4?

Chas

Heyall. I was just flipping through my copy of TIA#11 looking for images for VF-1James when I noticed the attachd image. Is it me or is that a model of a VF-4 lightning in Hiki's ouarters?

post-2-1113896626_thumb.jpg

Sorry, GabeQ I just got carried away in photoshop and could't help myself. As penance here's an unfinished pic. I was drawing of Misa a-la Shirow (ripped off one of his Galhound images).

post-2-1113897294_thumb.jpg

If he had one in the series as well how early on had Kawamori developed the design? and I wonder why he waited untill Flahback to show it off? Any one have a clue?

That is not a VF-4. It is a VF-X-4. Many differences. For example, the VF-X-4 has only a fighter and Gerwalk mode. It is indeed also seen in the television series.

Heyall. I was just flipping through my copy of TIA#11 looking for images for VF-1James when I noticed the attachd image. Is it me or is that a model of a VF-4 lightning in Hiki's ouarters?

Hi Chas!!!

what a coincidence!!!!!! I was just watching DYRL myself last nyt and i wanted to ask the same thing ur asking today on this forums regarding that vf-4 like model. :p

IIRC, this is the scene were misa finds minmei hugging hikaru, right? or is it after minmei leaves them both crying. :unsure:

Pretty sure it's the part where she walks in on Minmei hugging Hikaru. Yeah I was wondering if it was a VF-4 too. Thanks guys.

Now, I wonder what is that below it?

Chas, man, that's some great art there. When you're done, post it up! :lol:

The othe rmodel is an xb-70 valkyre bomber(real plane). Hikaru was supposed to have been test flighting the VF-X-4 int the original seires but that was in some of the episodes that got cut so the model is all that made it onto the the screen unti flashback.

O..K. that explains it then. Thanks Gammera I didn't know that about Hikaru and the VF-X4 Before. Where did you learn this?

JSaint25 - thanks for your kind words. However I don't know if it will ever be finished. I have a tendancy to start a-lot of drawings that I never complete. I just get bored with them before they're done.

The othe rmodel is an xb-70 valkyre bomber(real plane).

And, of course, the VF-1 is actually named after the XB-70. It wasn't just a freakish coincidence(of which I've seen stranger).

Theres a scene in Zeta Gundam where a XB-70 is strafed and blown up. I'd like to know if that was Tomino, or at least the proudction team, having a dig at Macross... ;)