1/72 G-SYSTEM AMS-119 GEARA DOGA HWS

zeo-mare

My god its gonna be huge! All that armor on the Gera Doga is sweet as well.  Can you still take off all the extra armor plating and fuel tanks or are those now just permenatly stuck in place?

Hi Hikuro, no most of the armor is crazy glued on and will stay that way though the arms and legs can still come off because they have polycaps to move with, alot of the armor plates are fully moveable including all the front and side skirt armor.

HWR MKII i am not sure yet something tells me that it might have a hard time standing up, i will have to see when i am done.

chris

Edited by zeo-mare

thanks i still consider myself a rookie on painting, there are still alot of touchups i need to do on it. but thanks for the kind words it gives me reason to continue. i am also going to do a build up of my 1/48 Hi-Nu Gundam and my Wave 1/100 VF-11 Thunderbolt.

chris

decided to add some decals on it while i am waiting for some more paint

rest of it. this went slower than expected mainly beacuse i keep running out of paint and primer <_< i can only imagine how long a 1/48 Hi-Nu is going to take me.

chris :ph34r:

Edited by zeo-mare

Whenever i go to a hobby shop andi think i need 2 bottles for a project i pick up 4 just in case. You always wind up needing more than you think. Looks great man and what the hell are these touch ups you say you need i think it looks perfect there.

there are little details that need to be painted in in the area where the boosters are, there are little tubes and stuff that i have yet to do.

chris

thanks i was going to do the blue captains version but i so much more like the grunt gundams, :p

:lol::lol: this is a awesome day, here it is my next real project it is going to rock, the 1/48 Hi-Nu Gundam. i am going to paint him in the blue and white colors. according to the tracking number the 1/100 Wave VF-11 is also coming in today, this is turning out to be a good day for me.

chris

it is a 15 pound box, thats alot of resin look at all the parts and stuff. it is going to take me some time just to sand it. then i have to paint it.

chris :ph34r:

this one is not mine but look at the size of it compared to the MG 1/100 Nu Gundam (which is a pretty big kit among the MG's by the way)

post-23-1115321453_thumb.jpg

Hey what's on the CD there? Wonder if its a technical know-how on Resin kits...

But that kit looks majorly sweet :p I envy you alot for getting it, but when you finish this I better be seeing pictures of the Doga and Hi-Nu ready to rip eachothers optics right out.

yea it has some very high quality pics on it about 120 pics total. i also just got the VF-11 kit in, i may do this first because it seems like a easy kit to do. it is very nice looking and very detailed, i really wish we could get a nice VF-11 toy :(

Man we are both having good weeks. I got my Virago from Shadows of the Empire yesterday, my Star Destroyer tonight and probably my Imp shuttle and Falcon tomorrow :D Good luck on that 1/48th man I cant wait to see the detail you pull off it.

sean

Man we are both having good weeks. I got my Virago from Shadows of the Empire yesterday, my Star Destroyer tonight and probably my Imp shuttle and Falcon tomorrow :D Good luck on that 1/48th man I cant wait to see the detail you pull off it.

sean

thanks i hope you can post some pics of your kits when you get them. i just did a quick build up of some of the Hi Nu it is huge i can not build it up completly because it is unstable right now. but it is really big from front to back the wings and funnels are huge.

chris

I know what you meant by unstable. It collapsed on me once because I didn't tightened the screws enough.

I'm currently trying to attach the back pack to see how it'll hold up. It is most certainly a lot of weight to be carrying on its back. Then again, those long fuel tanks can act as a support.

DSC07197.jpg

hi awesome looking pics, by the way what type of camera are you useing?

chris

Actually maybe you guys wouldknow of a source for good kits of a LEV or Orbital Frame from Z.O.E.? I have looked but cant find anything.

600$ he he thats chump change when your umping a grand for an R/C tank. :p Not that i can do that very often mind you ;)

Edited by HWR MKII

The camera I'm using is Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P7 3.2 MP, which is an old camera I have for around 2-3 years.

hmm mine is a 4.0 megapixel from Minolta which is a really nice camera. i got to play around with it more. any tips on how you got your Hi-Nu pics so clear? can you give me the settings that you used on yours? unfortunally HWR MKII i have never seen any Orbital frames for Z.O.E. i have only seen scrached built kits for it and the Anubis Frame, i am going to take more pic sof the geara doga today i finished the legs , all i have now are the arms and some little boosters and stuff.

chris

doh i was putting the kit together and it fell :o it looks like it is way to back heavy so i might have to make a stand for it. thankfully nothing was damaged on it.

chris

Edited by zeo-mare

Please tell me you didnt scream like a girl when it happened :D I know how expensive that kit is.

Bad model Karma stay away! :angry:

:p almost :lol::lol::lol::lol: i managed to catch it but it still landed on its back and some of the peices came off but it was all a easy fix so i am going to make a display stand before i take pics of it. but it is looking real good now, i also started the wave VF-11 which rocks. i may see if i can get the YF-19 next

chris

well i made a display stand, it stands perfect now. i need to do the little details on the legs and put decals on it the arms are currently primered and awaiting pait.

chris

backpack and skirt armor. needs thrusters and some little parts on the backpack added

top down, i need to get the antenna from mechadream they forgot to add it in the order so i am waiting for it to be shipped.

chris

unfortunally the back is way to heavy <_< there was no way it would stand up the joints in the legs kept getting loose and the leg would buckle resulting in him falling backwards <_< i did not want to wreck the paintjob i may try to get some sort of Zeon Logo decal for the base

The camera I'm using is Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P7 3.2 MP, which is an old camera I have for around 2-3 years.

hmm mine is a 4.0 megapixel from Minolta which is a really nice camera. i got to play around with it more. any tips on how you got your Hi-Nu pics so clear? can you give me the settings that you used on yours?

No specific settings, I think it's just a matter of lighting.

BTW. maybe the weight on front and back of your Geara may even out once you attach both arms with weapons and shield?

i thought about that, but i think it is better this way with a display stand. it seems like the legs are more loose around the ball joints so even with the extra stuff leaning to the front it seems like the legs cannot hold it up anyhow. :p i will probably make a display stand for the Hi-Nu as well.

chris