1/72 G-SYSTEM AMS-119 GEARA DOGA HWS

zeo-mare

Hi guys well this is the first build up i have ever done on this site, i do not know if this is in the right section, but it is a "how to build" and i might need some help from the local Macrossworlders for this. i know Noel did the 1/60 PG Strike here as well so i hope this is ok with you guys. well my kit finally came in today and it is beautiful, it is very large and quite detailed, and amazingly for a G-system resin kit it is poseable, it contains screws to keep the joints tight. this design as you know comes from the Chars Counterattack Movie, i love the grunt designs alot and hope we get more down the line. today all my paint and supplies are coming in so i will definetly be starting later tonight. it will be painted in the standard Zaku style green. which is what we have normally seen so far for this kit.

i have only begun to sand, not to much yet. this was a quick build up, it is still lose and really need to be pinned or it will fall over. the detail is quite good on this kit.

Edited by zeo-mare

shoulder sheild, it is huge as big as the 1/60 PG Zaku, it has 4 big spikes that are on it. buy the way i took the pictures quick when i begin building it up ( it is also about 4:00 A.M. over here) , i will try to take much better ones as i go along. :p

Edited by zeo-mare

back shot, the last picture for now. there are 2 big pods that go on there as well, 1 on each side. i also could not get the shoulder pad to stay on yet it will have to be pinned. the kit also contains a nice LED Mono Eye, this will be a very nice kit when it is finished.

chris

I take it back, here are 2 more pics, this is of the normal sheild, it is as big if not bigger than the shoulder one.

and the 2 pods on the back, they are much bigger than they look in these pictures.

thansk guys i got my paint and stuff so i am going to try and post when ever i get the chance , i think the mods will let it stay, because there are other gundam build up shere as well and no one said anything about them, hopefully also if i get stuck their will be people on this site who can help me out.

chris

well i am finally getting as chance to work on it i have sanded down alot of parts and begun to primer it. i will hopefully have some pics later tonight of the kit.

chris

Edited by zeo-mare

You know, one day I'd like to try building model kits like these, it'd be fantastic and it'll help show that I'm understanding how to build models in different ways.

I need to check their site out again.

well it has been a slow week, i started to run out of primer so i will not be able to finish it just yet can anyone recommened any sort of conventional primer i can buy from your local store? instead of haveing to order it. i am just aboutt o finish the main gun for it. and it came out real good so far i just have to finish 2 little gun handles for it., i am giving it my own paint scheme , i am sticking close to the original but with a few minor difference, i am mainly useing tamiya paints for it and i am giving it a very clean look.

side picture, i notice in my pics little imperfections, it is funny what a camera brings out you cannot see it with your eyes.

top of head, i just need to paint those little circle parts silver, but i need to get a new paintbrush for it, i will probably pick those up today or this week.

chris

Edited by zeo-mare

Wow, looks great! Love the color scheme for the gun.

As far as primer goes - I assume you are looking for a grey primer? I've been using Dupli-Color Automotive primer recently, and it's been working out really well - goes on nice, and is sandable... Most autoparts stores should carry it.

Wow, looks great! Love the color scheme for the gun.

As far as primer goes - I assume you are looking for a grey primer? I've been using Dupli-Color Automotive primer recently, and it's been working out really well - goes on nice, and is sandable... Most autoparts stores should carry it.

thanks Fulcy for the info, i will have to look into it. yea the gun came out very nice, it looks far better in person it is a very big weapon, even bigger than the PG Wing Zero Buster Rifle. i am only really having problems with the silver parts so far. i may just use a different color, there are a few verniers and a chest peice that is silver but the tamiya silver looks wrong. i wonder how a Enigma Custom Geara Doga would look? B)) either that or the blue version.

chris

Tamiya Silver doesn't look that great, if you wanna stick with Tamiya I suggest using the Aluminum, it looks brighter by far....I used it on my METEOR unit and it came out really great. Or you can substitute with Testors Silver, it applies evenly very well, and it dries fairly quickly. I use that on weapons like armor schnieders, small blades and swords and hydrolic piston pieces.

do you have any pics of yours Hikuro? yea the silver i have is way to silvery and seems almost glittery at times,

later tonight i am going to post up on ebay for sale the smaller gun it came with, (i will provide the link) even though it is 1/72 it seems like it will fit the 1/100 MG kits, (for some you may need to slightly sand down the handle) so if anyone is interested in it keep a eye out for it, it is a great kitbash part and very rare as well because it only comes with the Geara Doga which cost a fortune.

later tonight i am going to post up on ebay for sale the smaller gun it came with, (i will provide the link) even though it is 1/72 it seems like it will fit the 1/100 MG kits, (for some you may need to slightly sand down the handle) so if anyone is interested in it keep a eye out for it, it is a great kitbash part and very rare as well because it only comes with the Geara Doga which cost a fortune.

Can you get a pic of a PG holding that gun? Just wondering if it looks good - might have to buy that from you!

Can you get a pic of a PG holding that gun? Just wondering if it looks good - might have to buy that from you!

any pg in particular? i have most of them, it may be alittle small for it, but i can try asap.

chris

here is a picture with the PG stikre it actually looks good on it. i was thinking of selling the gun for $15.00 + shipping which is a good price beacuse the only way to get it is to buy the $300.00 Geara Doga kit. let me know if you want it.

chris