1/72 G-SYSTEM AMS-119 GEARA DOGA HWS

zeo-mare

neck peice for some reason the paint on red parts seem thick in the pics as does the silver parts, they are not when you see it in person however the silver parts looks glittery at times but thankfully you will not really be able to see this part to much because the head is so big and covers it up. there are still 2 water slide decals i need to place on the red parts on the neck.

chris

Edited by zeo-mare

chest peice with decals on it, 2 of the grey stripes on the front are a different color than the other grey parts but you cannot see it through my camera. :(

That silver looks wrong : / it looks thick and glittery....hmmmmmm

Sorry I wasn't around lastnight at all Zeo, I was out shopping for stuff to take with me to Seattle....I'll REALLY try tonight, if I gotta sacrafice time with the girlfriend to take pictures of good looking models I've done then so be it...............................................I'll get my ass kicked but that's okay.

it is not actually thick when you see it, but it is glittery however but it is the only place i intend to use it so it is no big deal, you can barely see it when the head is on it. btw i cannot wait to see your pics.

chris :)

I promise to take 'em right when I get home....that's before I head out to walmart to get a new T-shirt for my trip tomorrow....I'll try making a rather interesting collage....I'll probably have to do it out on my kitchen counter where there is alot of light....butyeah it should be great...gotta take apart ALOT of armor pieces on Sazabi to show off those pistons....but he's not the only one.

I love mecha build up, what paints do you use?

hi i am mainly useing tamiya so far, for the gun i used nuetral grey and a light grey which i cannot seem to remember right now <_< , i screwed up on the green that i got, the geara is 2 different color greens the darker one that i bought looks more like a pine green and does not appear to look like anything on the cover. i am haveing to go back to the store to see if i can find anyhting that looks close, or i am going to have to mix paints which i kind of suck at., there was a german airforce green i saw that looked real good so i am going to check that one out as well.

chris

Edited by zeo-mare

thanks i will definetly have to look at this one when i go to get paint again

chris

you have to give them a clear coat when you are done, also being a resin kit it is best not to play around with it, once it is done it will be displayed in my Ikea cabinet (though i hope it can fit :ph34r: )

chris

TADA! The Meteor unit I used Aluminum TAMIYA paint.

On the Sazabi I used testors silver which layers very well and very smooth, really need to just paint what you what once, it aplies very well.

by the way hikuro is the meteor worth the money? how big is it fully? do you have any pics along side the sazabi for reference? i have the sazabi so i can get a better idea of the size.

thanks

chris

well i finally got some more primer , thanks fulcy for the info i picked up some Dupli-color primer today, i hope to resume tonight with the building.

chris

very slowly coming along, here are 2 of the lower legs, i am waiting for the green paint to come in on monday, man i cannot wait.

chris

I JUST got back from Sakura-con in Seattle......really wish I didn't leave :( but those type of outings you really need to be with friends, not being alone.

Anyways, looking good there buddy. As I was in Sakuracon, near one of the misplaced Merch.booths I asked the clerk "Do you carry any Hasegawa Macross models?" He told me no, but the best place to go was Macrossworld 0_o....don't ask me why. But he said if I wanted to learn how to build great kits to go there.

I was like " :rolleyes: "

And to answer the question, it depends what the going price is on some stores. I paid, I think 100 dollars or a lil under on it. It's a very lllllllllllllooonnnnnnnng kit. It may also seem like it has alot of pieces, but really looks are decieving.

While it was my first big project, before working on Sazabi, I was a bit nervous on what I should do to detail it....so I just did minor stuff.

Also, this is a 1/144 scale.......and just because its big don't think its going to be even remotely close to the box variation. I had to do ALOT of masking before painting those Vent Exhaust fins and even the missile launchers....it was VERY damn difficult and time consuming....those Fins took 12 hours to mask off and paint....

Will I show out more pictures? I have already, but they sucked....I don't even have a decent place to put it for a photoshoot....but I'll see what I can do.

^_^ But I got a surprise for you guys! Just not going to say yet.

finally i got some more pics of the kit going, i have been very busy with other things in the last few days so i have not had the chance to work on the kit. here is a shot of the upper body

the shoulder pad, i do not know what color the spikes are going to be yet, and i need to do some touch ups around the green spike

as you can see by the other pics i am going to use the other head for it, i am waiting for the spike on top of it to come in, G-system forgot to include it in the kit. so Roy at Mechadream had to send for it. i have alot of various little pieces done for it, i really need to get the main ones going.

few various parts, there are a few more in my basement that are stil drying. so far it is coming along good, i have yet to clear coat does anyone have any recomendations?

Wow ZEO

You have great attention to detail. Tamiya clear in the spray can is good for a kit that size. Be sure to get the cans marked TS not PS. PS ones are for polycarbonite racing bodies and will eat your paint alive. The TS paints are formulated to be compatable with any hobby paint but always test paint on something else first.

Sean

well i am out of paint again :( so once again i have to wait for the paint to come in. i have been working on the Volks 1/100 Clear Armor, Five Star Stories K.O.G. Knight of Gold. so i will post a few pics just to pass the time.

close up i am useing tamiya paint again, the clear parts i airbrushed on and the main body which is solid resin came right out of the can

back of foot, there is some silver highlight on it.

Edited by zeo-mare

you get alot of resin for this price and there are still many more parts, i pad only $80.00 which is really good for a volks FSS kit, i love the mechanical look of these designs. i plan on getting a few more as i save up