1/72 G-SYSTEM AMS-119 GEARA DOGA HWS

zeo-mare

do you have any pics of it? i wanted to get it but i am not sure how it looks. i am more interested in some of the resin kits. i have been thinking about getting the Jagd mirage or opne of the bigger kits.

chris

I dont have any currently the kit is in a box in my closet. I had to take it apart before i moved to minimize breakage, it still got broken because of military movers. It is repairable. Maybe ill make it my weekend project. The kit is awesome and some of the parts are resin and vinyl. The flame unit itself is over a foot long.

i was told that some of the vinyl parts do not fit right and needed major work is this true?

chris

Edited by zeo-mare

Most vinyl kits need a little work. Nothing i wasnt able to fix with a heat gun and ZAP brand superglue. Just trim and check as you go along. The only worry of the Vinyl bits is the weight. Its a denser material than the plastic the standard led mirage kit is made of so it needs caer in handeling. It also comes with a square steel base and support rod which has a plastic adapter that veru snugly fits into the crotch of the robot. It is well more than enough to support it. There are also alot of fiddly small bits on it too. In the end it is all worth it though. An almost perfect rendition of one of my fave FSS mecha.

If you want i can hop upstairs and take out the parts to give you a good idea of what there is.

Edited by HWR MKII

cool could you do that? i would love to see the parts also do you have anyway to give me some reference to the size? like poseing along side a MG gundam or something.

thanks very much

chris B))

wow do you have a pic of the box? i may want to pick this one up and i want to make sure i get the right one.

thanks again for the pics

chris

No problem. I dont have the box anymore but its the only 1/100 scale one done by WAVE that comes with this setup. They did another with just the flame pack. I remember the box was mostly white with a pic of it in flight mode. Ill look around myself and see what i can come up with.

Sean

That would be it. I'm still waiting for the Boomerang unit to become available on HLJ - I've got two - a plain LED Mirage, and an LED Mirage with the flame unit - but I'd like to modify the plain one with the boomerang unit...

very cool. yea i just noticed that there are 2 versions of it one with the whole Led Mirage and weapons and one that has just the weapons so you can use it with the exsiting kit that they made that came with no weapons, i will definetly keep a eye out for this one. there is also a very nice resin version available.

chis

BINGO! First time. get it you wont be disappointed. Where did you find it and did they have any other FFS kits?

i found it on hobbysearch, they had a few other kits available but not much. if you really want FSS kits there are many more resin kits available. this is my next one B)) 1/100 Phantom

yea there are some awesome kits in this series. the Gold Kog is a very nice one as is the Led Mirage and the Phantom. maybe i will do a build up as well of this.

chris

yea that is what i noticed to the resin kits seem to look the nicest of all the FSS I have seen.

chris

:):):):) wait to you see the 1/48 hi-Nu gundam i am going to build up if i can get it. i am also hoping i can do a build up of the Core Works GP-01 FB and Blue destiny.

chris

FSS has some of the best mecha ever. I have never seen the anime (I really need to though), but I have always loved the look. The designs almost seem surreal.

I remember seeing these; Led Mirage, also a white, a red, and a gold kit and fevering to build them, but the prices for these (from what I found) were astronomiCalifornia!!! $350-475!!! :o

One day...I will own and build at least one. :rolleyes:

there are a few red ones, there is the Phantom, which is the upcoming kit i am getting there is 3 versions of it and one is red. there are a few others as well. do you have a description of it maybe something that makes it stand out from the others so i can better identify it.

chris :)

I punched up FSS in a Google Images and came up with this.

The Phantom on the bottom is the one I really want. It's strange though, IIRC I had seen this kit at about the same time the Led was orginally released.

Correct me if I am wrong. Could you post pics of the other red colored types?

Thanks,

Alex

there is more than one of the phantom released a new one came out but there is a older one, so you may have seen it then with the Led mirage. there is also the Asura Temple.

Edited by zeo-mare

thats a cool one to. i am thinking about getting a big one next like the jagd Mirage. but i need to get the 1/48 Hi-Nu first.

chris