New Generation Macross Fan

Goshawk

I just had to put this in here, My son, 13 years old sat with his eyes glued to the monitor as I was going through the fan art section and all I heard out of him is Ohhhs and Ahhhs.

So I had to break out my old VHS tapes of MAcross and Robotech, I have both by the way, so he can watch them. lol I had to litterly pry him away from the TV so he can go to bed and the thing that floored me was. "Dad this is cooler than Gundam!!!" almost made me cry, lol

Poor kid. What a horrible dad. Why did you not tell him about macross earlier?

Show him macross plus and DYRL immediately to further ensure his devotion to macross over gundam. (hide macross 7 from him, just pretend it didn't exist :D )

See people? This is why macross probably isn't popular anymore, there is a huge generation gap. Kids of today simply don't know what it is. There either needs to be a remake, or a generation who pimps the series to younger generations before it dies out and is replaced entirely.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Congratulations for securing and furthering the Macross fan line! :D

Now don't forget to tell him of the evil HG, and not to be fooled or coerced by their machinations. ;):p:lol:

Edited by Wheels

Woohoo !

Gundam = 0

Macross = 1

Yay ! :lol:;)

I´m also very confident that if Macross was to exposed to a wider audience and it would greatly produce a renewal of macross goodness. It´s just that there much too many things that cause it not to be known as much as Gundam.

BW should be told about Marketing , I think they neglect macross solely because they fear it won´t catch up with newer series when it´s just a matter of marketing their franchise. Newer serie do not have anything especial to them , they´re just very well marketed by their companies.

Poor kid. What a horrible dad. Why did you not tell him about macross earlier?

Actually lol hes my step son, he knew anout Macross, but never really got into it until I started looking at the Fan Art. Well you can say he has that "I wanna be like dad." thing going. But he has not stoped asking me questions, on how the Valks transform, whats the weapons payload, and can I print out these pics so I can show my friends???

Yesh for a 13 year old hes got alot of questions.

Right now I am in the process of getting all the shows on DVD. even Plus and the others if I can. umm anyone got any ideas where I can get them on the least expensive side of things?

Edited by Goshawk

BW should be told about Marketing , I think they neglect macross solely because they fear it won´t catch up with newer series when it´s just a matter of marketing their franchise. Newer serie do not have anything especial to them , they´re just very well marketed by their companies.

Yeah, I don't think Macross gets the attention it deserves. I think little kids would get a bigger kick out of the transforming Variable Fighters, then they would just watching Gundams move. I love Gundam but it doesn't have as many kill mechs as Macross.

Get him a Chunky Monkey! And some Mac+ toys!

Macross is soooo much cooler than Gundam for its paintschemes and realistic mecha alone. :D

EDIT: and give him a MW screen name! We'll protect him from A1!

Edited by promethuem5

The bad thing, he has to wait till christmas for his first 1/48th, but I am going to try to sneak in 2 of them, one for him and one for me if I can get this new contact and get a sell for the place I work to go through

Edited by Goshawk

i wonder if i get to count as one of these new gen macross types too...

i'm 22 and i've only gone through 6 of the 9 discs...

don't forget that there will be HORDES of new anime watchers in the next 5 years when it starts to boom in the states... this will probably be on the best times for a macross resurgence right?

don't forget that there will be HORDES of new anime watchers in the next 5 years when it starts to boom in the states... this will probably be on the best times for a macross resurgence right?

Are you kidding? I think anime is already in the "boom" phase. When I turn on the tv on Saturday morning, all the shows are from Japan. Cartoon Network can't seem to get enough of it either, and same goes for Tech TV. Don't forget the Action channel either... No, I think anime is booming now. I miss being able to get a series for a low cost through fansubs, now series seem to be over here dubbed in English within months of their original broadcast in Japan. I sure love anime, but I really miss the days when I was bizzare for liking it. You know, it's like when you discover a new band and it becomes your favorite: When the band goes commercial and everyone likes them and asks you if you've ever heard of this band (keeping in mind that you've liked them for a few years), you tend to be at least a little resentful.

In any case, anime may go bust in the near future as well. With anime saturating the market, people will start to notice repeating themes, and that the shows they thought were so original really aren't. (Now Macross, that's original, aside from the transforming robots). I personally want to see more cartoons made by the US, like we had in the 80's (even if they were drawn in Japan anyway). US cartoons can learn from Japanese cartoons to be serious and actually let characters have realistic fights and die (and stay dead, no more of this clone crap). Sorry guys, what a pointless rant. Basically, I know a lot of people are also tired of anime (point I'm trying to make), and I think our figurative entertainment life raft can only hold so much before it reaches it's maximum capacity and sinks.

And if they want to revive Macross, they need to make a show where the Valkyries are used to fight each other to see who's the best in some dumb tournament, while getting elemental power-ups and such from a card game. It's possible, right? Hey, after seeing that Pachinko Macross intro, anything is possible!

Woohoo !

Gundam = 0

Macross = 1

Yay ! :lol:;)

Too bad that UC Gundam is far and away superior to "Official" Macross now, due to the horror that is M7 and M0.

Even the new Robotech series shows more promise than the last two Macross followups.

AC Gundam still is, and will always be crap, however, especially when compared to Macross.

Now, if only Macross could have someone new tossed into the mix to move away from this "it's the music, stupid!" nonsese...

Oh, btw if you wanna show your kid some more fan art go over to Macross Fan Creations to see some of the older stuff and other cool things too. Remember some of the images may be a little, um, hentai?

I'd been biting my tongue on this subject, but I found it ironic that the original poster was talking about showing their 13-year old step son some of the fan-art on the forum after certain members made such a hissy fit a year or two ago about the "inappropriate" content people tended to post in the fan art section, which effectively scared away/pissed off a number of the fan artists result in the relative lack of fan art we now experience on the site.

I'd been biting my tongue on this subject, but I found it ironic that the original poster was talking about showing their 13-year old step son some of the fan-art on the forum after certain members made such a hissy fit a year or two ago about the "inappropriate" content people tended to post in the fan art section

*hears "ooh"s and "Aaahs" :huh:

"Well, junior finally found out what Pr0n is" B))

*Smiles,... feels proud, and like any good dad -goes to catch his son with the evidence :p

:blink::o "........Ma....cross????????"

*cries

Thanks Yohsho. Ill take a look at it before I let him look.

yellowlightman, well all I can say is please excuse me posting in the wrong section.

Devs, IF you feel this needs to be killed please go ahead. I will make certian I post in the right area next time. :)

My applogies. *bows*

Thanks Yohsho. Ill take a look at it before I let him look.

yellowlightman, well all I can say is please excuse me posting in the wrong section.

Devs, IF you feel this needs to be killed please go ahead. I will make certian I post in the right area next time. :)

My applogies. *bows*

Ah, take it easy, it's not really in the wrong forum

Though sometimes posts like this do get locked or moved

but if it was a real rule-breaker it would've been done already

Guest Bromgrev

Macross, right? Movies and TV Series? As watched by new Macross fan? Sounds like the right forum to me. Bring on the next generation! :D

Yellow no Applogies nessary, I relized I should have posted in the Fan Art section after I read your post. I didnt mean mine to a retort in any way. lol I can understand what you meant we have the same problem everyonce inawhile at our forms at MMORadio. Though I not a Dev, but I am on staff there so I still help keep an eye out.

Oh yea good news, just ordered Macross Zero, I didnt even know they had it out until I came here, I am behind the ball curve bad. I hope to catch up some time. lol